NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

29 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

On the positive once you take out the signing bonus that doesn't transfer over its closer to 6 mil a year ;)

Still a wet pipe dream.

Ah yeah. Forgot about that.

I think that makes it less likely to happen. We would need to give up significant capital to make it worth it to the Bills and I can't picture that happening.

Hypothetically, aren't we off the hook for guaranteed money after the trade? We would just pay the salary, nothing guaranteed? 

And also, I think the Bills are much more willing to move the salary then the actual player. Of course, there's going to be compensation but the Bills are clearly tanking and stocking up for the future. The FO probably wants that salary off their books if they know there's no competing this year. 

He would be good to have for a year or two and draft a guy to take over. As long as he's not complaining about a new contract. 

If somehow he can gotten for a 4th and change? That would be something. Though that seems low. 

22 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

If somehow he can gotten for a 4th and change? That would be something. Though that seems low. 

So i'll play in hypotheticals....because where else would you do that besides a football message board.

Going with Buffalo's theme of trades this year (Darby/Matthews and Watkins/Gaines) they have given up a good player to receive a lesser player and a draft pick in return.

A hypothetical that I read yesterday was McCoy for Smallwood and a 4th. While this does hit the theme of the trades I don't think a 4th is nearly enough for a player that topped 1200 yards and 13 TDs last year and was a clear focal point of their offense. Considering Watkins and Darby were both talented players coming off of a down year/injury and they commanded a higher pick AND a better player I think the negotiations would need to AT LEAST hit that watermark.

Proposal:

Eagles get McCoy and Buffalo's later second round pick (between the Bills and the Rams)

Eagles give First round pick and Smallwood

So Eagles fans....Wouldja?

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So i'll play in hypotheticals....because where else would you do that besides a football message board.

Going with Buffalo's theme of trades this year (Darby/Matthews and Watkins/Gaines) they have given up a good player to receive a lesser player and a draft pick in return.

A hypothetical that I read yesterday was McCoy for Smallwood and a 4th. While this does hit the theme of the trades I don't think a 4th is nearly enough for a player that topped 1200 yards and 13 TDs last year and was a clear focal point of their offense. Considering Watkins and Darby were both talented players coming off of a down year/injury and they commanded a higher pick AND a better player I think the negotiations would need to AT LEAST hit that watermark.

Proposal:

Eagles get McCoy and Buffalo's later second round pick (between the Bills and the Rams)

Eagles give First round pick and Smallwood

So Eagles fans....Wouldja?

I don't think Smallwood and a fourth is that crazy. Darby and Watkins were both way younger than McCoy, who also plays a position that guys decline at around the age of 30.

I won't want to give up a 1st for any RB nearing 30. A 1st is like that gold coin used in John Wick. It can buy all kinds of assets. We can talk future 2nds or 3rds or our 4th and some players. I honestly don't think we have the assets to pull it off but I can't give up a 1st for a 29 year old RB knowing we can just draft one with that pick and can potentially be our RB for 8 years. 

12 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

I don't think Smallwood and a fourth is that crazy. Darby and Watkins were both way younger than McCoy, who also plays a position that guys decline at around the age of 30.

They were younger but they also have the injury/down year tag on them whereas McCoy has been healthy and productive for many years now. I get the argument but I don't think that the 4th is nearly enough.

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I won't want to give up a 1st for any RB nearing 30. A 1st is like that gold coin used in John Wick. It can buy all kinds of assets. We can talk future 2nds or 3rds or our 4th and some players. I honestly don't think we have the assets to pull it off but I can't give up a 1st for a 29 year old RB knowing we can just draft one with that pick and can potentially be our RB for 8 years. 

We are getting a second in return. I know there have been many advocates on this board for trading back in next years draft, this is essentially the same move and we would be trading the "value" of a second round pick (approximately) for McCoy. I know most people balk at losing the first round pick but this is the only way the Eagles could currently get to that value.

33 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

We are getting a second in return. I know there have been many advocates on this board for trading back in next years draft, this is essentially the same move and we would be trading the "value" of a second round pick (approximately) for McCoy. I know most people balk at losing the first round pick but this is the only way the Eagles could currently get to that value.

Yea I got it. Still then, I'd rather trade our first for a team's 2nd and a bunch else and draft a RB. He's just too old to be talking about a first in any capacity. 

Yeah, while I appreciate everything Shady did as a runner here and GD was he fun to watch, I don't see him coming back nor should we want him back. At this point his contract, age and personality make him a non-fit to me.  You deal with the arrogance and off the field nonsense when he's young and talented, but it doesn't seem like he's matured very much and with a young team, I think it's best to just roll with what you've got and have some vets that are setting a good example (Sproles, Peters, etc.).

Without a 2nd or a 3rd a trade seems unlikely at this point. Although you gotta think Cincy might be listening to offers for Hill or Bernard with Mixon in the fold and Saints might listen to offers for Ingram with AP and Kamara. I don't see it happening though unless one of those teams really like and need Kendricks.

We don't need Shady with the RB class coming out in next year's draft. Why go to a RB pushing 30, rather then one of the 4-5 studs coming out in their early 20's?

Why pick up a large contract or one he undoubtedly will want to renegotiate in a year or so rather then a Rookie like McCaffrey, Fournett, Cook, ect. locked in for 4-5 years. Are we some Supposed SB contender now 1 player away????

Easy Pass on Shady. 

The "don't need Shady" posts are giving me flashbacks to when we traded him. We absolutely could use Shady this year. That's a different issue from whether he's worth what it would take to acquire, and whether what it'd take to acquire is worth his future value (mainly age considerations).

We could definitely use Shady but it's not worth the cost. And the cost ain't worth the fact that he'll be passed 30. But good lord could we use him this year.

19 hours ago, Phire said:

The "don't need Shady" posts are giving me flashbacks to when we traded him. We absolutely could use Shady this year. That's a different issue from whether he's worth what it would take to acquire, and whether what it'd take to acquire is worth his future value (mainly age considerations).

We could definitely use Shady but it's not worth the cost. And the cost ain't worth the fact that he'll be passed 30. But good lord could we use him this year.

People on this board genuinely thought he was done when he struggled through the first 5 or 6 games of his last season here because the blocking was absolutely horrendous.  I remember arguing until I was blue in the face that he's still perfectly fine we just need to not let 8 guys in past the LOS.   Not surprisingly, when our o-line finally got healthy, he was averaging over 4 YPC again.He still has plenty in the tank, his injury concerns are legit, but he's still a dynamic runner.  We could absolutely still use his talent here, he'd be a massive upgrade over Blount.

Archived