NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

51 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like around the NFL there are more trades this season. 

Hell, Eagles made 5 so far since TC.

I think thats a result of there being no halfway cut. Teams are throwing late round picks for bubble players so they can get them in camp and in a few practices rather than wait for the chaos that is the 53 man cut down and the regular season.

11 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I think thats a result of there being no halfway cut. Teams are throwing late round picks for bubble players so they can get them in camp and in a few practices rather than wait for the chaos that is the 53 man cut down and the regular season.

You're likely right.

24 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Ron Brooks cut - looks like it's Robinson in the slot.

Darby, Mills, Robinson, McDougle, and Douglas seem to be the top 5 guys. 

Then at safety Jenkins, McCleod, Graham, and Maragos I think are guaranteed spots. Watkins will probably be our fourth safety (maragos just being a special teams guy and 5th safety) and our 6th corner. Watkins basically being out emergency guy.

So I think we keep 10 total DBs

According to PFT, Seahawks are shopping CB Jeremy Lane. I think the Eagles should be interested. Just turned 27, not a huge contract, and has experience starting in the slot and outside for the Seahawks. He'd be a significant upgrade against Mills or Robinson. 

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

According to PFT, Seahawks are shopping CB Jeremy Lane. I think the Eagles should be interested. Just turned 27, not a huge contract, and has experience starting in the slot and outside for the Seahawks. He'd be a significant upgrade against Mills or Robinson. 

I'm not saying He couldn't be an upgrade but at what point do we actually see what we have? We've already completely overhauled the CB position from last year's roster via FA, trade and the draft.

Jones, Douglas, Darby, Robinson, McDougal all added. While returning players like Mills, Watkins and Smith are fighting to start.

Lane to me is much like Maxwell, a product of Seattle's Defense. Who's to say he can Instantly transition to a Jim Swartz Defense, learn the Terminology and thrive a week before the season?

I'm not against anything that helps upgrade this team but at some point you have to see what you got and roll with it IMO.

Archived