NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

So the Rams were trying to trade for Mack. A 1st and a 3rd. Sign him to a deal and then trade him after the season to get back the trade compensation they would have given up. At least that’s what was reported. Wouldn’t that have been a ridiculous cap hit if that were so? But what a line that would have been. I wonder if Howie thought about it. 

11 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

So the Rams were trying to trade for Mack. A 1st and a 3rd. Sign him to a deal and then trade him after the season to get back the trade compensation they would have given up. At least that’s what was reported. Wouldn’t that have been a ridiculous cap hit if that were so? But what a line that would have been. I wonder if Howie thought about it. 

Howie is in dire cap straits right now he needs all the top picks he can get to replace guys leaving next year. 

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Depends how they did the contract I guess, if you're doing it with that in mind you can screw over the next team ad middle load it.

I'm sure if we had the money Howie would've entertained making a move for him..but yea couldn't really swing it.

I hope the cap goes way up in the next 3 years

Archived