NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

14 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

One name that would not surprise me to pop up in trade talks is Demaryius Thomas - he's got an out after this year, fits what we're looking for and he's more of a sure thing then Flash is. 

Elway wouldn't do that unless he knew Broncos weren't going anywhere this year. Maybe in a few weeks,  but i don't think he'd make that move right now,  and we need help right now, which is why gordon makes sense.  Pretty sure we can't afford DT either right now. Gordon is making like 800k. We don't have to cut anyone to make room for him. He's the only good wr that makes financial sense for us to target in a trade. 

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Elway wouldn't do that unless he knew Broncos weren't going anywhere this year. Maybe in a few weeks,  but i don't think he'd make that move right now,  and we need help right now, which is why gordon makes sense.  Pretty sure we can't afford DT either right now. Gordon is making like 800k.

We'd have to wiggle some room but I think Howie could make it work. As far as Elway not wanting to give him up yet you may be right but you never know , especially if the price is right. 

I'm actually bracing myself for Perriman and Wheaton, though. 

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

We'd have to wiggle some room but I think Howie could make it work. As far as Elway not wanting to give him up yet you may be right but you never know , especially if the price is right. 

I'm actually bracing myself for Perriman and Wheaton, though. 

We'd have to wiggle a lot of room. DT has a 12 mill cap hit. It's pretty much not possible unless we trade either McLeod or Graham + Warmack, or trade Foles. I'd rather keep those guys and have josh Gordon, who is 3 and a half years younger than DT, even if gordon is almost guaranteed to screw up. At least you aren't giving up much to get him. 

We promoted Josh Adams to the active roster. Not sure what it means for others. Maybe Sproles is more hurt than first thought? Bye-bye Smallwood? Bye-bye Carter? Though not sure I’d be cutting a WR right now. Somethings gotta give there, we need some help. 

Archived