NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Seriously, this is ridiculous. Almost 2005 like. 

Doug has to take a look at something, we´ve been hit hard with injuries every year since he arrived. 

way the league seems to be nowadays...so watered down from a lack of offseason

52 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

way the league seems to be nowadays...so watered down from a lack of offseason

Yeah, were not some outlier or anything where we have way more injuries than all the other teams. Theres one or two teams like that though, most notably the Chargers, who basically have been getting wrecked by injuries for the last like 10 seasons.

But we definitely havent been among the leagues healthiest teams thats for sure. 

For instance the Rams, I recently read, have been the NFLs most healthy team the last like 3 years. That wont continue though. Its all just flukiness. 

I was gonna make a thread but figured Id post it here....

Im 99% positive that we make at least 1 significant trade in the upcoming weeks, notably for an offensive skill player. 

Who do you all think would be the most likely player for us to acquire? What would we be willing to deal? I brought up Carlos Hyde in the Ajayi thread. But I also could see us trading for someone like Lamar Miller (he hasn't done much this yr but I blame that on the OL more than anything and he'd be cheap). 

Or, my darkhorse pick, Derrick Henry. Tennessee has basically made Dion Lewis their feature back, and have just stopped playing Henry (for reasons Ill never understand). Hes on a rookie deal. Hed give us the big, physical RB we lack since losing Blount. But unlike Blount, he can do more than just run it up the gut for 3 yards. When hes in, it wouldn't be a dead give away that were running like with Blount.

And if we go after a WR also (which I think is possible), Ive come to think that it would be one of Detroit's WRs. Either Tate or Jones. Would love either. Both would give us the kind of WR we need but in different ways. Tate is a YAC monster, and Jones is a great downfield threat who can make contested catches downfield.

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

David Johnson would be such a better get for us than Bell. His deal is much easier to swallow (heh) at 3 yrs/39 million compared to the s*** ton that Bell wants. Plus Johnson has wayyyy less mileage on him.

The question really becomes how likely are the Cardinals to actually trade their newly resigned, best offensive player?

Btw, Idk if this has been talked about..but I remember wondering in the GDT why Wiz was benched in favor of that bum Seamaulo....and it seems I now know.

Wiz was actually asked about it and he said, and Im paraphrasing here, that he did not feel at all like it was performance related, and didnt want to get into the reasons why because he is a man of God (whatever the hell that means..). 

But! The theory is (and its very likely) that Peters was the one who pushed for Wiz to be benched. He recently, while on a radio interview, briefly talked about how he hadnt really liked playing next to Wisniewski. 

And weve seen Peters do this before when Mathis was cut. Peters didnt like Mathis' playing style, and JP has the FO (notably Luries) ear(s). And he was vocal about his displeasure with Mathis. Just as he recently was about Wiz.

So it appears that Wiz was benched because of politics, I guess. Because he wasnt hurt. And I dont see how it could be performance related. Wiz hasnt been amazing, but hes been league average (32nd ranked G according to PFF, which is definitely better than Isaac Seamualo).

So what the hell is up? This team is showing signs now of internal issues amongst the locker room. Ajayi with his interview questioning the playcalling....and this whole Wiz/Seamaulo debacle. 

Doug needs to get this team in check. But the blame isn't all on him. The "team leaders" who meet weekly need to step up. IIRC they are JP, Wentz, Jenkins.....

2 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Btw, Idk if this has been talked about..but I remember wondering in the GDT why Wiz was benched in favor of that bum Seamaulo....and it seems I now know.

Wiz was actually asked about it and he said, and Im paraphrasing here, that he did not feel at all like it was performance related, and didnt want to get into the reasons why because he is a man of God (whatever the hell that means..). 

But! The theory is (and its very likely) that Peters was the one who pushed for Wiz to be benched. He recently, while on a radio interview, briefly talked about how he hadnt really liked playing next to Wisniewski. 

And weve seen Peters do this before when Mathis was cut. Peters didnt like Mathis' playing style, and JP has the FO (notably Luries) ear(s). And he was vocal about his displeasure with Mathis. Just as he recently was about Wiz.

So it appears that Wiz was benched because of politics, I guess. Because he wasnt hurt. And I dont see how it could be performance related. Wiz hasnt been amazing, but hes been league average (32nd ranked G according to PFF, which is definitely better than Isaac Seamualo).

So what the hell is up? This team is showing signs now of internal issues amongst the locker room. Ajayi with his interview questioning the playcalling....and this whole Wiz/Seamaulo debacle. 

Doug needs to get this team in check. But the blame isn't all on him. The "team leaders" who meet weekly need to step up. IIRC they are JP, Wentz, Jenkins.....

Cox and Mills got into on the field too team is falling apart. 

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The question really becomes how likely are the Cardinals to actually trade their newly resigned, best offensive player?

I mean, given the Cardinals' ridiculous refusal to use Johnson the way he should be used, I wouldnt be shocked to see them open to trading him if they think they can get good value. 

They're obviously years away from being good. They have a young rookie QB they think is their future, and by the time they are ready to compete, Johnson will be 30. 

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Cox and Mills got into on the field too team is falling apart. 

they made up on the sideline, that was just a captain getting a hothead out of a situation where he could hurt us with a penalty.

but there has been a little too much sniping

Archived