NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Is it odd that Reich is being jumped over? 

I think it is just an effect of the McVay signing. People think they can replicate the Rams success by hiring more unproven and younger staffers who could bring in new ideas and more enthusiasm. Also, people clearly think Flip had more to do with Wentz developing then Reich, but if I had to guess I would say Pederson has likely done the most to help Carson grow.

It is odd that Reich didn't get looked at once this offseason.

DeFilipo should dodge that Cardinals bullet. No QB, not in position to draft one of the top 3 QB's this year, and your star WR about to retire. He should stay OC for us for one more year, say no to the Cowboys when they fire Garrett and try to hire Flip as HC next year, and instead sign on to be the next HC of the Chiefs after they finally fire Andy for missing the playoffs after losing to Gruden's Raiders in week 17

I think it's more... what does Reich actually do? It's the same thing we asked with Doug Pederson, and Doug was a fairly "controversial" hire in terms of experience and hiring an offensive minded OC who didn't actually coordinate the offense.

We know Doug calls the plays. This is his offense. He's also involved in coaching QBs.

Flip being Carson's QB coach definitely will cause some people to take a look at him.

But what does Reich do then? He doesn't call the plays despite being the offensive coordinator. It's not his offense. He's not the QB coach, though it's clear he also helps prepare and coach QBs. He's pretty much one of three QB coaches on the staff and helps Doug implement the offense. I think there's just not much of a body of work there. 

Just for clarity, I'm not saying Reich is useless or doesn't have an established and important role for the Eagles. I'm just saying from an outside perspective I can understand why franchises may not take a close look at him.

37 minutes ago, Phire said:

I think it's more... what does Reich actually do? It's the same thing we asked with Doug Pederson, and Doug was a fairly "controversial" hire in terms of experience and hiring an offensive minded OC who didn't actually coordinate the offense.

We know Doug calls the plays. This is his offense. He's also involved in coaching QBs.

Flip being Carson's QB coach definitely will cause some people to take a look at him.

But what does Reich do then? He doesn't call the plays despite being the offensive coordinator. It's not his offense. He's not the QB coach, though it's clear he also helps prepare and coach QBs. He's pretty much one of three QB coaches on the staff and helps Doug implement the offense. I think there's just not much of a body of work there. 

Plus I´ve heard that Flip has a good amount of input on the red zone offense. 

59 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

So the Bears are going to blatantly misuse Jordan Howard now right? He'll probably get five total carries in every game now. 

Mind-boggling that Nagy didn't give the ball to Kareem Hunt down the stretch

Yup, plus we're happy that Flip didn't get the CHI job too

9 hours ago, 808 said:

Yup, plus we're happy that Flip didn't get the CHI job too

Still a ways to go

alot more HC jobs to fill on top of OC positions 

but they seemed the most keen on him, so good to get over that hurtle 

11 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think it is just an effect of the McVay signing. People think they can replicate the Rams success by hiring more unproven and younger staffers who could bring in new ideas and more enthusiasm. Also, people clearly think Flip had more to do with Wentz developing then Reich, but if I had to guess I would say Pederson has likely done the most to help Carson grow.

It is odd that Reich didn't get looked at once this offseason.

i dont think it is.. it's well known that Dougie P calls the plays and Philly made waves last offseason by blocking Defilippo going to another team. That got teams interested 

I mean, what did Dougy do before getting a HC position? I know there wasn't a lot of buzz about him throughout the league beforehand but we hired him. And he was limited at best. I guess word was he got 2nd half play calling for a few games for the Chiefs and didn't have much success. I don't see much difference between Doug and Frank in terms of experience except that Doug came from Andy's tree which is obviously more established, but even Frank would have been a more qualified candidate for a HC position. 

McVay at least was an OC for a few years. I think Flipp is going to have show some success as a OC to really make moves in the league. But an OC is the logical step. I think someone will give him a shot, sooner than later. 

Archived