NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

18 hours ago, RBreezy said:

So the Bears are going to blatantly misuse Jordan Howard now right? He'll probably get five total carries in every game now. 

Mind-boggling that Nagy didn't give the ball to Kareem Hunt down the stretch

I read a stat yesterday that in the games he was calling plays the Chiefs had like 130 yards rushing a game. With Reid calling their plays it's at least 25 yards a game less. I think Howard will be fine. 

So Indy, Det, AZ and NYG left as far as jobs. 

Best to worse situation, IMO:

NYG, good D, top 2 pick  

Det, decent D, explosive offense

AZ, D has talent, no QB, should be in the mix for a FA QB iyam. 

Indy, questionable QB situation, no talent on Off, D needs talent

7 hours ago, nlesthought said:

So Indy, Det, AZ and NYG left as far as jobs. 

Best to worse situation, IMO:

NYG, good D, top 2 pick  

Det, decent D, explosive offense

AZ, D has talent, no QB, should be in the mix for a FA QB iyam. 

Indy, questionable QB situation, no talent on Off, D needs talent

I wouldnt take the colts job. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Glad we can keep the consistency going

we still can get better, and we are going enter a phase sooner than later where we will constantly have to hit on picks to keep going when Carson becomes the highest paid player in the league (until the next QB signs)

29 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Glad we can keep the consistency going

we still can get better, and we are going enter a phase sooner than later where we will constantly have to hit on picks to keep going when Carson becomes the highest paid player in the league (until the next QB signs)

how do you rate our draft from this past year? barnett is the only draft pick that really played alot and he only had an ok rookie year maybe good if you count the two blocked kicks.  

Rasul looked ok when he played.

Qualls looked ok when he played.

Mack needs to play more.

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

how do you rate our draft from this past year? barnett is the only draft pick that really played alot and he only had an ok rookie year maybe good if you count the two blocked kicks.  

Rasul looked ok when he played.

Qualls looked ok when he played.

Mack needs to play more.

yeah not a huge sample size, but

Barnett looks good in a position that usually takes a year or two to get into.
Looking forward to him getting more of an NFL body...has shown good quickness and instincts.

Sidney is obviously a wait and see...but I like them taking the gamble.

Rasul looked pretty good when they actually let him play...I'm not sure why he doesnt get more time.
With Mills being up and down and Darby being overly aggressive. Hopefully they give him a good shot next year at a larger role.

Mack seems like he was well worth an early fourth, but will need to improve and add more to the Offense going forward.
We need wideouts who can get seperation opposite Alshon going forward...because the long term future of Torrey Smith isn't clear.

The Pumphrey pick was a huge miss, as was the Gibson and Perry pick
We'll see if Pumphrey has taken advantage of the Redshirt year and proves to be an NFL caliber player next year.
These picks are troubling because they need to at least get quality depth out of these guys, because soon they won't be able to pay for their depth.

Qualls was a good pick for the 7th, though can't say I have seen a ton of him.
But getting 7th rounders to stick to the roster is good

and Corey Clement was a hell of a UDFA pickup

So we hit, to some level, on our 1st four picks...something to be very happy about.
But plenty of room for improvement, it's not like they have been top of our box scores.
But overall I like the direction and type of players they seem to like.
The players they took will all have to step up next year, because the level of production wasn't all that high.
but they all showed promise beside those 3 busts in the back half.

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

There you go British brethren. Represent and make it the Linc across the pond!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/11/eagles-jaguars-among-london-games-in-2018/

It's weird the Packers never went over...I get that the city is very low on the name recognition scale...but as far as ex-pats and stuff they are one of the more popular teams.

It sucks that the travel will be factored into that game, should be a fun tough game next year

Archived