NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

McDaniels is garbage. Scum move to do that to other people. If his agent dropped him because of this, it tells you just how far along they were in sealing the deal with the Colts.

Not sure how I feel about it after hearing...McDaniels (former) agent LaMonte is also the agent for Colts GM Chris Ballard. 

Could be a case of the agent pushing McDaniels to agree before he was really ready. 

Just now, nlesthought said:

Not sure how I feel about it after hearing...McDaniels (former) agent LaMonte is also the agent for Colts GM Chris Ballard. 

I didn't know that. 

But I don't think that changes how I feel about McDaniels. Just such a thoughtless thing to do. And also could have been avoided numerous times.

In the worst case scenario, we could lose Reich to Indy and Flip to Minny.

Reich may or may not take Duce with him for their OC, but if he doesn’t, I wouldn’t mind promoting Duce to OC. 

Not sure where we would look for OC if we lose all three. 

39 minutes ago, 808 said:

Reich may or may not take Duce with him for their OC, but if he doesn’t, I wouldn’t mind promoting Duce to OC. 

No way we lose all 3. One of Flip or Duce will just stay here to be the OC. Why move your family when you can just stay put and get promoted?

31 minutes ago, 808 said:

We wouldn’t lose all 3, I think Duce is really loyal so he’s most likely to stay but also the least likely out the 3 to be our OC next year...so who knows.

they likely block Minnesota’s request for Flip to give them time to see what’s up with Reich. 

I think Duce is gonna keep rising the ranks.  The trend is young offensive minds. He’s one of the few well regarded younger black coaches on that side of the ball. So he’s gonna get interviews, and he deserves it. Goodell was talking about that last week.

I think he’s ready to be an OC, but if just Reich leaves he could probably wait a year or two until Flip finally gets a head coaching gig. You just hope that he’d stick through it.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

No way we lose all 3. One of Flip or Duce will just stay here to be the OC. Why move your family when you can just stay put and get promoted?

Only hangup is if the Colts take their sweet time, hopefully how far behind they are forces a quick decision. I think Flip is free from contract like the 14th or 17th, so if we block him we hope Reich’s fate is decided before then.

15 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Could be a case of the agent pushing McDaniels to agree before he was really ready. 

LaMonte is the agent for lots of coaches/execs (He's Howie's agent too) so I doubt he was forcing anyone to do anything. 

edit: Looking at it, he's also Reich's agent. So no surprise Reich is getting first crack.

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Only hangup is if the Colts take their sweet time, hopefully how far behind they are forces a quick decision. I think Flip is free from contract like the 14th or 17th, so if we block him we hope Reich’s fate is decided before then.

I like the idea of OC Duce Staley if this happens 

If we do lose both, I would love to see Mike Shula brought aboard in some capacity

He had Cam Newton play at a high level. He knows how to orchestrate a run game, he just had issues with Cam's inability to be consistent don't forget the injuries that have plagued that team. Olson, Benjamin, Stewart, & Cam have been injured at points. 

Another name I'd consider Darrell Bevell...

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

49ers just gave Jimmy Garoppolo a  five-year, $137.5 million contract... my god.

We need to build this team to win now before we give Wentz a new deal, because that contract is going to cripple this team as much as I hate to say it. 

Yea Carson is gonna get 30+/year easy.

Just now, Jlash said:

Yea Carson is gonna get 30+/year easy.

Well Cousins is going to get $30m a year. Rodgers is going to get $33-35m a year. 

If Wentz plays like he did this past year and is an MVP contender, he is going to beat all of that. He is younger and better. 

Archived