NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I still remember the Kolb trade in 2007 draft where we got an extra pick in 2008.

Ninja: "Cool now I can tell people two picks suck."

Like you dont know how sad I was when we traded for jason peters because I had one less pick to complain about in the mock draft forums lol

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

Dunno where to put this but Marcus Peters got dealt to LA. 

That's a good get. There's gotta be something up with Peters. Or Andy is out soon. He'd never deal a really good, young CB. I'm waiting for the other shoe. Unless the haul was massive. 

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

That's a good get. There's gotta be something up with Peters. Or Andy is out soon. He'd never deal a really good, young CB. I'm waiting for the other shoe. Unless the haul was massive. 

I suspect combo platter, Peters is probably too much for old Andy to handle and they probably are receiving multiple picks. 

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I suspect combo platter, Peters is probably too much for old Andy to handle and they probably are receiving multiple picks. 

Schefter reported no 1st and the Rams have no 2nd. So at most a 3rd in 2018 and probably a conditional 2019. Maybe another late pick in there.

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

His act was running thin in KC. No way you deal a young player of his caliber (most INTs in NFL since he joined in ‘15) so quick with such a manageable contract. 

1 hour ago, 808 said:

His act was running thin in KC. No way you deal a young player of his caliber (most INTs in NFL since he joined in ‘15) so quick with such a manageable contract. 

yeah marcus the player is the kind of person you build around so he has to be a bad person. 

Pretty bummed that a likely major conference rival just got arguably the best corner in the game. 

If you look at Peters game tape only and take nothing else into consideration, there's no plausible explanation for KC to trade him unless they received some godfather offer for him like I'm talking multiple 1sts or a 1st and a good player.

But considering everything,I guess I can see a version of this where KC ends up looking not so bad in a couple years in this. 

I mean, like @ninjapirate said, the guy HAS to be some sort of just ridiculous head case. 

Why else would a team ACTIVELY shop Peters, and then only two teams make any sort of offer? Peters is elite, plays one of the most important positions on defense, is only 25, and has 2 more years of rookie salary left. That's ridiculous. 

Plus it's not like Andy is Chip Kelly where he will trade any player for doing something as trivial as looking at him wrong in practice. He's the antithesis of that. He's always been the type of HC who has been willing and able to coach players with off the field issues and controversy surrounding them. And from what I know from my college roommate (he was good friends with Spencer Reid, Andy's youngest son, at St Joe's Prep), Andy is the same way as a father. His son who passed away for instance. Even years before that happened, the kid was constantly effing up his life and was basically a typical drug addict who just runs amok. And Andy never gave up on him or gave him the boot like some parents would. 

I dunno. It just makes me think that maybe there's something more to this than people are talking about. Peters might be the kind of guy who can just wreck a locker room. Which is a bigger deal than most think. Just look at our team. No way we win the SB if we don't have the insanely tight locker room that we do. 

But if Peters can manage to just be somewhat of an annoyance for them, he's absolutely worth having because of his skill on the field. So I'm not happy as a fan of a team that is going to be likely competing with LA in the playoffs for the next few years

4 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Pretty bummed that a likely major conference rival just got arguably the best corner in the game. 

If you look at Peters game tape only and take nothing else into consideration, there's no plausible explanation for KC to trade him unless they received some godfather offer for him like I'm talking multiple 1sts or a 1st and a good player.

But considering everything,I guess I can see a version of this where KC ends up looking not so bad in a couple years in this. 

I mean, like @ninjapirate said, the guy HAS to be some sort of just ridiculous head case. 

Why else would a team ACTIVELY shop Peters, and then only two teams make any sort of offer? Peters is elite, plays one of the most important positions on defense, is only 25, and has 2 more years of rookie salary left. That's ridiculous. 

Plus it's not like Andy is Chip Kelly where he will trade any player for doing something as trivial as looking at him wrong in practice. He's the antithesis of that. He's always been the type of HC who has been willing and able to coach players with off the field issues and controversy surrounding them. And from what I know from my college roommate (he was good friends with Spencer Reid, Andy's youngest son, at St Joe's Prep), Andy is the same way as a father. His son who passed away for instance. Even years before that happened, the kid was constantly effing up his life and was basically a typical drug addict who just runs amok. And Andy never gave up on him or gave him the boot like some parents would. 

I dunno. It just makes me think that maybe there's something more to this than people are talking about. Peters might be the kind of guy who can just wreck a locker room. Which is a bigger deal than most think. Just look at our team. No way we win the SB if we don't have the insanely tight locker room that we do. 

But if Peters can manage to just be somewhat of an annoyance for them, he's absolutely worth having because of his skill on the field. So I'm not happy as a fan of a team that is going to be likely competing with LA in the playoffs for the next few years

Can i get the Cliff's Notes of this post?

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

lol at Jags fans trying to talk themselves into that Bortles extension.

I don't get that one at all

They were already going to be on the hook in 2 weeks for 19M. I doubt he passes his post surgery physical. So basically they're getting next year for 7M since it was 26M Guaranteed.

Yes Cousins is light years better but a extra 80-100M? After they just saw a Back up QB win the SB? They're just praying Bortles can have a Foles type run with that Defense.

TBH, they didn't lose in the playoffs because of His Play!

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

They were already going to be on the hook in 2 weeks for 19M. I doubt he passes his post surgery physical. So basically they're getting next year for 7M since it was 26M Guaranteed.

Yes Cousins is light years better but a extra 80-100M? After they just saw a Back up QB win the SB? They're just praying Bortles can have a Foles type run with that Defense.

TBH, they didn't lose in the playoffs because of His Play!

They did because they were terrified to actually try and let him win the game. They went ultra conservative because they have no faith in him to win when it counts.

Archived