NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

On 3/10/2018 at 1:35 PM, ninjapirate said:

just stop being a penn st fan and who cares who drafts those guys?

My Penn State fandom, truely, is deeper than my Eagles fandom. I was depressed for the entire week after they lost to Ohio State this past season, (then when they blew their chance to get back on top with OSU losing, they lose the following week and I was just angry)

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wonder if Andy Reid is in control of the Chiefs FO because they're overpaying multiple free agents right now. Not bad players, but they're paying them considerably more than they're worth.

As expected Alshon’s deal looking like nothing already.

25 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

As expected Alshon’s deal looking like nothing already.

This.

Go and check out the thread from when we resigned Alshon.

Basically a bunch of people trying to say that theres no way Watkins or Robinson would get even close to Alshons annual salary.

Except they both got more lol. 

Celek is still useable as a blocking TE. Just not at that money. He'd have to take a cut to stay. We could use him though. Just bring up Billy Brown and I think TE is ok. 

Malcom can certainly restructure still. He's actually very cuttable right now. So, hopefully they're  talking. And he's only 30. I always viewed him older for some reason.

Not sure if we can lower Peters hit without guaranteeing him 2019. His 2019 is an option that has to be exercised before 2018 ends. Which is something they may not want to do. His money isn't prohibitive though. 7M isn't all that much for a starting LT  

Cox could restructure. But we may want to wait until next year. His cap numbers are insane the next few years. (18,22,20) 

Releasing/trading Curry and trading Foles should be plenty. 

Just now, 808 said:

If this guy Benjamin Albright on Twitter is accurate, he’s got Cousins signing with the Vikes. Lmao we’ll still smoke them 

No reason for him to go to the Jets. I think that was an easy decision for him lol.

Just now, Phire said:

No reason for him to go to the Jets. I think that was an easy decision for him lol.

Yeah the QB vacancies are filling up.

buffalo, nyj and Arizona seem to be the main openings remaining, if that news is true. 

Which one will pony up that 1st for Foles?

Just now, 808 said:

Yeah the QB vacancies are filling up.

buffalo, nyj and Arizona seem to be the main openings remaining, if that news is true. 

Which one will pony up that 1st for Foles?

Arizona is our only shot now. Buffalo is about the move up and grab their guy so I doubt they'll have the picks or want to trade their remaining picks. 

...and I don't think Foles is worth the 6th pick in the draft so that eliminates the Jets (unless we do end up taking a 2nd round pick, then NYJ is a strong favorite). 

1 minute ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Arizona is our only shot now. Buffalo is about the move up and grab their guy so I doubt they'll have the picks or want to trade their remaining picks. 

...and I don't think Foles is worth the 6th pick in the draft so that eliminates the Jets (unless we do end up taking a 2nd round pick, then NYJ is a strong favorite). 

We can always take 2019 picks which I'll be fine with. 

Buffalo does seem hellbent on going rookie with their QB this year. Even bridging with Foles seems unlikely for them. I don't see why the Jets would pay for Foles. They are in full rebuild mode. 

AZ looks like the only real spot. Unless McCaron ends up there or we sit and wait for a veteran to get hurt ala Sleeves. 

Archived