NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

Looks to the Jets are going to turn their attention to Bridgewater so that eliminates them from Foles. If AJ McCarron does sign with Arizona and we're all assuming Buffalo moves up are their any other options for Foles aside from keeping him?

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

Looks to the Jets are going to turn their attention to Bridgewater so that eliminates them from Foles. If AJ McCarron does sign with Arizona and we're all assuming Buffalo moves up are their any other options for Foles aside from keeping him?

Wouldn't be opposed to holding onto him like we did Bradford until early in the season seeing if a team panics and needs him. Let him start a few games while Carson gets his rest. Get a haul for him before the trade deadline. 

Either way I'm fine with it. I'd rather not see him finish 2019 with us, but if that's what is in play then so be it.

16 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

keep him, wait to see if some team needs him like Bradford.
Gives you more insight into Carson's recovery too before trading him away.

We are one of the super bowl favorites, keeping Nick to ensure the QB position isn't without value.
And when he leaves and gets a deal next year he'll help us with a comp pick, or We'll do something else to get value

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wouldn't be opposed to holding onto him like we did Bradford until early in the season seeing if a team panics and needs him. Let him start a few games while Carson gets his rest. Get a haul for him before the trade deadline. 

Either way I'm fine with it. I'd rather not see him finish 2019 with us, but if that's what is in play then so be it.

Thats the exact scenario i want to happen.

Start him for a month if Carson needs the time, wait for a teams QB to go down or someone to try to keep their job by panicking and trading for Foles before the deadline.

Win win.

Theres no rush at all to trade him IMO

I highly doubt a QB gets traded at the deadline to start. It's like resetting your whole offense. Might as well just start the guy behind him who knows the offense in and out. 

Im ok with holding onto Nick if there's no takers or the return is low. Really hinders our draft though. 

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I highly doubt a QB gets traded at the deadline to start. It's like resetting your whole offense. Might as well just start the guy behind him who knows the offense in and out. 

Im ok with holding onto Nick if there's no takers or the return is low. Really hinders our draft though. 

It'll be a Bradford type, late in the pre season if it happens. I agree It's not going to happen once the season starts. 

I really didn't believe a team was giving up draft picks (yes plural) with as many QBs that were available by less expensive means (FA/draft) 

We can hope Buffalo doesn't move up or land one at 12 but they have multiple picks 

McCarron will likely go AZ/Jets if Jets can't guarantee one they like. Todd Bowles resigned through 2020 he has time to spend on a rookie. 

What we needed is for Brees/Brady to retire to open up more possibilities 

36M for Keenum doesn't seem less expensive to me. I'd take Foles even if I have to give up a pick(s) for him. 

Keenum proved he couldn't compete in the playoffs. Which is what we're all here for. Meanwhile, Nick slapped everything in front of him including the league's best defense and Belichik. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

36M for Keenum doesn't seem less expensive to me. I'd take Foles even if I have to give up a pick(s) for him. 

Keenum proved he couldn't compete in the playoffs. Which is what we're all here for. Meanwhile, Nick slapped everything in front of him including the league's best defense and Belichik. 

Considering that if you trade for him, you most likely are giving him an extension as well, it gets pretty expensive.

9 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Considering that if you trade for him, you most likely are giving him an extension as well, it gets pretty expensive.

I mean, unless Nick really holds out, he's not guaranteed a contract. I'd figure if the receiving team gives up picks, then you're right, they'd want to lock him up for a few years at least. But a team could play this year as a prove it year and control Nick for a couple years after even if they can't reach an agreement. Much like Cousins. And I'd have to think an extension would be cheaper than a FA contract but that's arguable. Nick at 15M seems about right to me. 

Archived