Bears and Packers to open on Thursday Night Football

RaidersAreOne

People who hate this opening lineup this year are going to hate the opening game next year 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2019/3/25/18281016/49ers-china-host-2020-game 

Only way it makes sense is if it's played on the opening Thursday. 

Don't worry, the niners are obviously going to win the Superbowl this year on the heels of giving Kwon Alexander 14 million dollars per year so we won't break tradition two years in a row 

14 hours ago, Tex said:

Because the team that won it all the previous year should have the first game. It's utterly stupid to change that now. They should have the distinct honor to opening the season up. If my team won it all, I'd want my team to be the first team to open it up and to raise the banner, etc. Two teams that haven't won jack **** get to open up a season? **** that.

You do realize that the SB champs haven’t always opened the season right? This distinct honor you are so worked up about didn’t start until 2004. 

16 hours ago, Tex said:

Because the team that won it all the previous year should have the first game. It's utterly stupid to change that now. They should have the distinct honor to opening the season up. If my team won it all, I'd want my team to be the first team to open it up and to raise the banner, etc. Two teams that haven't won jack **** get to open up a season? **** that.

Winningest team of all-time and the team with the most titles of all-time. Lol. Relax, we’re not talking about the Texans (or Oilers or Titans or whichever team you like).

23 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Actually it just makes more sense to have the 2 oldest franchises kicking off year 100 for the NFL.

Not at the expense of the Patriots who earned the right (just by winning the Superbowl...) to play on Opening Night.

21 hours ago, N4L said:

People who hate this opening lineup this year are going to hate the opening game next year 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2019/3/25/18281016/49ers-china-host-2020-game 

Only way it makes sense is if it's played on the opening Thursday. 

Don't worry, the niners are obviously going to win the Superbowl this year on the heels of giving Kwon Alexander 14 million dollars per year so we won't break tradition two years in a row 

How would this work with the 15 hour time difference? Game is on in China at 11am and 8pm in SF?

17 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I didn't know people were so passionate about opening night. Who gives a crap? 

Pats fans. Why? Because they realize their franchise was completely irrelevant to the NFL until Bill & Tom arrived...and they realize when these 2 retire (which is sooner rather than later), the Pats will become irrelevant once more. 

Archived