Thursday Night Opener

Golfman

39 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I smell fresh Bear meat and expect a complete *** kicking put on the Bears by the Green Bay Packers. Tru(pick)sky is going to be running for his life. 

The potential is there to trott out there a new defense and players that's for sure. Pettine should be stoked for this and what's he's got at his disposal. Would like to see a bit less blitzing to be honest and try to get home with our ponies up front this year. Not that i don't like the blitz but it puts the young ones at risk on the back end. JA and KK both healthy for week would will be nice if KK can make 16 games this defense will be fun to watch.

Rodgers, if healthy is going to destroy the Bears defense in week 1 too. You can count on that. He's is absolutely going to light them up. His receivers are in year two. His offensive line is going to be better and his running game is going to be better as a result. 

I feel like this benefits us more than the Bears.  Nagy almost beat us with the benefit of no tape on his offense.  Does this count as our mandatory Thursday night game?  Beating the Bears would be the best possible way to start the season.  

2 minutes ago, green machine said:

No.

Teams are given the proper rest period beforehand, as it follows a week 4 preseason game on a Thursday and the starters are mostly on the bench for the pre-season game.

It also creates another mini-bye to start the season. Gives a new coaching staff a few extra days to make adjustments based on Week 1, and gives anyone banged up in the Bears game a few extra days to recover before Week 2. 

Mike McCarthy got waxed against the Bears in his first game as Packers head coach. Hope that doesn’t happen to LaFleur, but I won’t make any judgements about his career if it does.

That said, da bears still suck: Packers 100, Bears 2, Patriots Nothing 

31 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The Bears are going to suck this year. Six and ten is their apex. Tru(pick)sky is terrible. The Bears will be considering another move at QB after this year. 

Why are you so obsessed with terrible infantile lazy nicknames lol

How many times will we burn Clinton-(gets no) Pix, hehaaa hehaaaa. I'm so clever. 9_9

Archived