Packers Pre-Draft Visits Thread

packfanfb

On 4/16/2019 at 3:57 PM, CWood21 said:

If you think Drew Lock (or Daniel Jones) is the second coming of Aaron Rodgers, you'd be stupid to not even consider that option.  The value of a franchise QB can't be understated, and Rodgers' recent injury history leaves concern.  I'm not saying I'd advocate for taking a QB, because I'm not a fan of Lock.  But if you believed he was a franchise QB and you passed on him, I'd question your decision making.  Depends on how the rest of the board shook out obviously.  And I could give a damn about alienating Rodgers.  We took Aaron Rodgers, and that clearly alienated Brett Favre.  I'm doing what's best for the Green Bay Packers, not Aaron Rodgers.

I don't agree that a franchise QB should be the first option for every team in every situation.  Management would look inept if we decided that drafting Aaron Rodgers replacement was our #1 priority this offseason given the contract they just forked over 8 months prior.  Drafting his replacement when the ink on that contract isn't even dry would make management look terrible.

Who said anything about Rodger's feelings?  I care more about the fact that this team will continue it's streak of not making the playoffs if we've got a QB who feels he's got no future in Green Bay.  He'd likely have to question if Mark Murphy was indead talking trash about him behind his back as suggested in the bleacher report article.  

I don't see the simularity in the situations.  Rodgers talks about wanting to play into his 40's.  Favre on the other hand had one foot out the door prior to the drafting of AR12.  Heck, he needed until march that year before he'd commit to playing.  Rodgers isn't drafted if they knew Favre's future and if they'd just backed the brinks truck up to Favre's door 8 months prior.  

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

The new Mizzou pipeline? Why did his production go down after freshman year?

Larry Roundtree was better? 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/damarea-crockett

Read the cons.  He does fumble too much, and for a guy his size, you would hope he was more of a tackle breaker.  I disagree with the report that athleticism is going to hold him back.  He is not a superstar, but I don't think he is inadequate.  There are a couple of games of his on youtube (I didn't watch them yet, I'm at work), and the highlights don't seem to have him "out athleted" against SEC guys.

Not something that we would really worry about until the 6th or later anyway.  Is there a talent difference between him and Kapri Bibbs? I honestly don't know.

[edit] Watch this Georgia game.  This is a game where Mizzou gets beat pretty bad.  Crockett seems to get what is blocked for him and does well with blitz pick-up.  

Edited by ThatJerkDave

6 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

I remember the same comments made about Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre. Remember Lock is the one that made us draft Moore because he looked like a world beater.

Lock does not equal Rodgers.  Lock isn't nearly as precise with the ball. Lock did not elevate Moores game any more than Moore elevated Locks. 

I think the 2020 QB class is much stronger than that of this year's. JMO.

I don't think that Crockett gives us any better of an option than Tra Carson, Kapri Bibbs, Malcolm Johnson, or LaVon Coleman. Crockett will probably be a camp body that sneaks onto the PS.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Just quoting what they reported there.

Unbelievable. 

If you seriously think the Packers didn't use all 30 visits because reporters couldn't track down every player... I don't know what to tell you.