Packers Pre-Draft Visits Thread

packfanfb

17 hours ago, Isherwood said:

I don’t mind Harry the player, but I hate Harry the fit for Aaron Rodgers. It’s one thing to ask Aaron to play within an offense - something I think can be accomplished - but Harry isn’t going to separate like Davante or Jordy at an NFL level. #12 would have to be willing to throw more low percentage shots than he’s used to.  

Also Adams had much better hands. He had switched from basketball. Biggest thing I saw in Adams the prospect was his hands. I didn't see his super quickness in college. K'Neal is probably not before 44. He's a lot bigger than Adams was too.

29 minutes ago, deathstar said:

When Adams was coming out he won with his non-speed/quickness athletic attributes and he did very well with contested catches. When I watch Harry I see a guy who needs to learn better releases and better routes (both things Adams worked super hard on when he got to the NFL). 

Agreed. The single fact that Aaron LOVES throwing that back-shoulder throw should make Harry a viable candidate.

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

You're not going to convince me that either Sweat or Burns would be a reach at 12. Neither will be there at 30.

I mean pass rushers are like quarterbacks (except you need two of them).  Have to take them high because they won't be there late.  Single most valuable skill on draft day is "can rush the passer" after all.

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean pass rushers are like quarterbacks (except you need two of them).  Have to take them high because they won't be there late.  Single most valuable skill on draft day is "can rush the passer" after all.

The true difference makers wont be there late, so an evaluation of need, positional depth and future contract rotations comes into play.

47 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

While this is a great point, Harry's biggest concern is his lack of separation at the college level

Part of it is his route tree was pretty limited. Not necessarily because he can't, but just because of what ASU does. Athletically, he has tested like a guy that can separate if he's allowed to run a more diverse route tree.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

So we should avoid WRs who are good enough to do it on their own then? 

I’m not arguing that. The poster was knocking Harry as not being able to separate (which I think he can) and I was implying that MLF’s offense may not rely on a WR to get open on his own and may actually help with us scheme ala the Patriots. 

7 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Part of it is his route tree was pretty limited. Not necessarily because he can't, but just because of what ASU does. Athletically, he has tested like a guy that can separate if he's allowed to run a more diverse route tree.

J'Mon Moore is  similar without as good of hands and  catch but his 3 come was an insane 6.56 and it shows. Harry is likely to go pretty early, more appeal to other teams.

I think we develop the three promising rooks and  draft a Slot WR. They met with two smaller slots which might make some nice match up weapons. 

Also met with DL, TEs. Strong looks at those positions and the strengths of the draft.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Leader said:

I wonder if they text to them using WhatsApp :)

Nope

Jaire said he never talked to the Packers....like every first round pick in 9-10 years. So, basically if the Packers talk to a first round prospect I take them off GB's board. :)

Pittsburg, to contrast, basically tells everyone who their guy is.

25 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Nope

Jaire said he never talked to the Packers....like every first round pick in 9-10 years. So, basically if the Packers talk to a first round prospect I take them off GB's board. :)

Pittsburg, to contrast, basically tells everyone who their guy is.

I was kidding.

• Like 1