Packers Pre-Draft Visits Thread

packfanfb

12 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Ok. I disagree.

He's an athletic mountain of a man, yes. Good heavy hands. Good drive skills.

Cons. Stops his feet. Crosses feet. Gets out over his toes as a result. Waist bender. Succumbs to counters because his feet and hips aren't in a position to mirror. I don't know how you can watch him play and say he has good feet??

This isn't even just my opinion, if you don't have any faith in my eyes, Look up other "scouting reports" on him, it's really not hard to see that.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kaleb-mcgary?id=32194d43-4703-7471-27c0-bc59a6bb256c
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kaleb-mcgary

Does he ever look like he isn't 6'6 out there?

Edited by HighCalebR

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/02/20/kaleb-mcgary-nfl-draft-profile/

In pass protection, he’s got a quick kick and moves his feet fluidly.

I understand that you feel the need to prove a point but it’s ok if we disagree on things. As I said when I watch him I see a guy who can move his feet well but for some reason can’t kick slide well when edge rushers threaten him. This is why I believe he’s a guard. It’s good to have discussions though. Again - two people can see different things.

15 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

He's an athletic mountain of a man, yes. Good heavy hands. Good drive skills.

Cons. Stops his feet. Crosses feet. Gets out over his toes as a result. Waist bender. Succumbs to counters because his feet and hips aren't in a position to mirror. I don't know how you can watch him play and say he has good feet??

This isn't even just my opinion, if you don't have any faith in my eyes, Look up other "scouting reports" on him, it's really not hard to see that.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kaleb-mcgary?id=32194d43-4703-7471-27c0-bc59a6bb256c
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kaleb-mcgary

6 minutes ago, deathstar said:

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/02/20/kaleb-mcgary-nfl-draft-profile/

In pass protection, he’s got a quick kick and moves his feet fluidly.

I understand that you feel the need to prove a point but it’s ok if we disagree on things. As I said when I watch him I see a guy who can move his feet well but for some reason can’t kick slide well when edge rushers threaten him. This is why I believe he’s a guard. It’s good to have discussions though. Again - two people can see different things.

McGary is far from a perfect prospect. His pad level, footwork, and technique are all areas that need to be refined.

Bruh, this is from that article YOU just quoted. I'm fine with disagreeing when there's things to genuinely disagree about. McGary having GREAT feet is not one of those things. 

Now if you said something like, "I think that's a coachable situation." and I said "Nah, I think he's too far away" That's a point we can agree to disagree on. Monsters with great feet aren't falling out of day 1, absolutely not day 2.

Edited by HighCalebR

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

McGary is far from a perfect prospect. His pad level, footwork, and technique are all areas that need to be refined.

Bruh, this is from that article YOU just quoted. I'm fine with disagreeing when there's things to genuinely disagree about. McGary having GREAT feet is not one of those things. 

Bruh, I’m thinking your problem is with the term ‘feet’. He has great feet - an innate trait that is evidenced by his 3 cone and his, at times, extremely fluid movement on film. His footwork - a technical skill - needs work and is bad at times, which you pointed out correctly by saying his kick slide is choppy.

I don’t understand why you’re being so disagreeable? Instead of trying to prove a point just try to see where someone’s coming from.

1 minute ago, deathstar said:

Bruh, I’m thinking your problem is with the term ‘feet’. He has great feet - an innate trait that is evidenced by his 3 cone and his, at times, extremely fluid movement on film. His footwork - a technical skill - needs work and is bad at times, which you pointed out correctly by saying his kick slide is choppy.

I don’t understand why you’re being so disagreeable? Instead of trying to prove a point just try to see where someone’s coming from.

Ooook. Colloquially, just so you know, when people say feet in regards to a prospect they mean his footwork. When they say athleticism and movement they mean things like their athleticism and movement. 

If that's what you want to agree to disagree on. Ok, I guess?

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Ooook. Colloquially, just so you know, when people say feet in regards to a prospect they mean his footwork. When they say athleticism and movement they mean things like their athleticism and movement. 

If that's what you want to agree to disagree on. Ok, I guess?

Ok buddy. 

McGary is a guard who could probably get you out of a game at tackle if absolutely needed. Footwork's a little busted and the on field athleticism (particularly the balance, flexibility, and hand coordination) really doesn't look to be there. Might be a situation that B is a result of A, but call a spade a spade. He's a guard prospect that needs to work on his pad level. He plays high even for a tackle. Alternatively, he uses his length well. It might be a situation that not having to cover as much ground as quickly helps him stay down. 

We'll see if he has the anchor to play inside, but he's a guy who could really show out as a top tier guard or mid tier tackle if everything works out on the feet. Or he could just crash and burn due to a lack of leverage and footspeed.

IMO: Slightly better than league average guard in his prime. 4th round prospect.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Who?

Sounds like a star wars character tbh.

A few cuts against Fresno:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

- No real coverage highlights. He looks s l o w.
-Reminds me of the bad Clay Matthews just flying around and looking disinterested.

He must have tested incredibly.

Edited by Fl0nkerton