Packers Pre-Draft Visits Thread

packfanfb

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Simmons and Butler would be an incredible 1st round ;)

IF we took them, I'd be very happy. Just don't think Butler is a target. My crush is definitely moved now to Parris Campbell. I think he checks every box for GB. And he is the perfect fit for our hole at slot. I do think he is a weapon AR has never had. The same goes for Isabella too (while that size does bother me). Those two offer more than any receiver in the draft for GB. AR has a safety valve and a second deep weapon in either guy.

We've never had that speed at receiver. 

Edited by JaireAlex

7 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

IF we took them, I'd be very happy. Just don't think Butler is a target. My crush is definitely moved now to Parris Campbell. I think he checks every box for GB. And he is the perfect fit for our hole at slot. I do think he is a weapon AR has never had. The same goes for Isabella too (while that size does bother me). Those two offer more than any receiver in the draft for GB. AR has a safety valve and a second deep weapon in either guy.

We've never had that speed at receiver. 

I watched quite a bit of Campbell last night. I didn't like him as much as I wanted to. But I like him in sort of a Kamara role. I feel like he might have been under-utilized at tOSU as a ball-carrier. I do want to come away from this draft with a front four and a offensive weapon with elite potential. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I watched quite a bit of Campbell last night. I didn't like him as much as I wanted to. But I like him in sort of a Kamara role. I feel like he might have been under-utilized at tOSU as a ball-carrier. I do want to come away from this draft with a front four and a offensive weapon with elite potential. 

Yes. Me too. All I'm looking for to be honest. Just don't see that after day two on offense and trying to figure out candidates for "elite". He was underutilized. But he's the most productive receiver from, OSU in ten years. That's a tricky program to evaluate. I think he checks all the boxes, just don't know where to slot him: anywhere from late one to 44. Like Isabella he's a deep threat, just depends how good his tracking of the ball is. His hands seem fine to me.

5 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Yes. Me too. All I'm looking for to be honest. Just don't see that after day two on offense and trying to figure out candidates for "elite". He was underutilized. But he's the most productive receiver from, OSU in ten years. That's a tricky program to evaluate. I think he checks all the boxes, just don't know where to slot him: anywhere from late one to 44. Like Isabella he's a deep threat, just depends how good his tracking of the ball is. His hands seem fine to me.

Go check out some stats on Campbell.  I don't think he was used at all as a deep threat.  And when I say "deep threat" I mean used like Desean Jackson, running go-routes and catching the ball 35-50 yards downfield.  I can't remember it exactly, but I think Campbell caught one ball last year deeper than 25 yards, or something like that.

I think his value is catching a 7 yard pass and turning it into an electric 25 yard play due to his speed, quickness and agility.

But again, I'm going from memory here.....

EDIT: and there Cadmus goes....guess my memory wasn't too far off.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1