Packers Pre-Draft Visits Thread

packfanfb

28 minutes ago, Joe said:

Not too hot on Savage from a measurables standpoint. He ran a 4.36 at the combine, but also ran a terrible 3-cone at 7.03, only 11 bench reps.

Bench press is a meaningless Combine number.  The 3-cone isn't great, but it's not awful by any means.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Bench press is a meaningless Combine number.

I mean, if I was an agent for a DB, I would tell them "do one, show them it was easy for you do that one, then rack the bar".  Since "defensive back bench press stats" have no relation to any kind of NFL production and you don't want your guy hurting himself trying to impress anyone.  100% of what you're there for is "show teams you knew where the weight room was".

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, if I was an agent for a DB, I would tell them "do one, show them it was easy for you do that one, then rack the bar".  Since "defensive back bench press stats" have no relation to any kind of NFL production and you don't want your guy hurting himself trying to impress anyone.  100% of what you're there for is "show teams you knew where the weight room was".

Honestly, the only part of the bench press that I'd find relevant if I were an NFL team is about their form.

52 minutes ago, Joe said:

Not too hot on Savage from a measurables standpoint. He ran a 4.36 at the combine, but also ran a terrible 3-cone at 7.03, only 11 bench reps.

The BP is 100% meaningless for DBs. The 7.03 3C ranks 57th percentile for safeties. Also important to note he ran a great 4.14 shuttle (81st percentile). He's a great athlete.

16 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

The BP is 100% meaningless for DBs. The 7.03 3C ranks 57th percentile for safeties. Also important to note he ran a great 4.14 shuttle (81st percentile). He's a great athlete.

Additionally it's been since 2016 that he's given up a touchdown, 7 interceptions to 0 touchdowns given up the past two seasons.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, or just don't do it. No one would care

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Penn St. WR DeAndre Thompkins and Maryland EDGE Jesse Aniebonam added to the list.

Thompkins - 49 targets, 25 receptions, 322 yards, 1.27 yards per route run (top prospects are around 2.5+ yards per route run).

Aniebonam - 4 sacks, 1 hit, 20 hurries, 14 defensive run stops on 258 run defense snaps (Montez Sweat leads at 21 on 165 snaps).

If there is one position that GB likely needs to double up on...or add one and a FA is Safety...wow that roster is thin right now. I wonder if they will try Jamerson there...regardless...big need

Edited by Pilprin

32 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Thompkins - 49 targets, 25 receptions, 322 yards, 1.27 yards per route run (top prospects are around 2.5+ yards per route run).

Aniebonam - 4 sacks, 1 hit, 20 hurries, 14 defensive run stops on 258 run defense snaps (Montez Sweat leads at 21 on 165 snaps).

Thompkins appears to be a gadget type player and a good punt returner.

Aniebonam was primed to break out after a very good sophomore year, then broke his leg and wasnt the same last year. Potential there if he ever gets all the way back medically.