Packers Pre-Draft Visits Thread

packfanfb

I knew Aniebonam sounded familiar. 

I watched a bunch of him last summer and then kind of forgot about him. 

The one thing I couldn't forget was one of the most epic/unusual intros to any highlight video I've ever seen. 

• Like 7

20 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Had 9 sacks his junior year before the ankle injury. Ran an unofficial low 4.6 at his pro day from what I could find, which is pretty impressive for his size. 

He actually fits what Pettine does with OLBs. A couple of years behind the Smiths and boom...

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I prefer Daniel Jones for his age, but I'd be so hyped if we draft Lock or Jones at 30. 

The guy who only wants QBs on rookie deals would be hyped to draft a QB to sit on the bench during his rookie deal? That makes sense.

Personally, I hope this is a smokescreen and we're not this dumb. You draft a round 1 QB and you start him in this era. Wasting his rookie deal as a backup is straight up dumb.

There are so many differences between the old CBA and the new CBA, between Aaron Rodgers situation and the Favre situation, and with the quality of prospect Rodgers was vs this class that making a comparison to Rodgers being drafted and any of these QBs being drafted is wildly out of the proper context.

And also, Drew Lock is maybe a decent QB prospect and Daniel Jones is bad.

Edited by rcon14
  • Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

The guy who only wants QBs on rookie deals would be hyped to draft a QB to sit on the bench during his rookie deal? That makes sense.

Personally, I hope this is a smokescreen and we're not this dumb. You draft a round 1 QB and you start him in this era. Wasting his rookie deal as a backup is straight up dumb.

Aaron Rodgers has broken two collarbones and has had at least three concussions in his career.  Our backup is Kizer.  If Rodgers gets hurt for 5 games, our postseason hope is probably gone with our current backup. 

The Patriots used the 62nd overall pick on Garroppolo.  They traded him for the 43rd overall pick. 

Drafting a QB at 30th overall is an investment in draft capital.  If he plays well in any action, his value goes up to 20th or higher overall. 

You look back on most Super Bowl winning teams and they win Super Bowls by having that extra draft capital.  The Patriots don't win the Super Bowl last year if they hadn't gotten that extra first round pick from the Cooks trade (Michel). 

Trading 20th overall for a future first provides zero current value.  Using 30th on a QB provides current value as well as future value.  It is a backup as well as trade bait.