Packers Pre-Draft Visits Thread

packfanfb

I suspect they think like the Lions might take Lock, so want to get to know him.  If nothing else, making it look like you're interested in a guy might convince someone else to draft him before you're on the clock.

But, I mean, the Patriots meet with a bunch of the 1st round QBs every year.

27 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Where would we rank Kizer if he was one of the QB's in this draft?

I feel like it would be pretty high.

As a prospect when he came out? It seems like below Lock and maybe around Jones. Now? UDFA.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The guy who only wants QBs on rookie deals would be hyped to draft a QB to sit on the bench during his rookie deal? That makes sense.

Personally, I hope this is a smokescreen and we're not this dumb. You draft a round 1 QB and you start him in this era. Wasting his rookie deal as a backup is straight up dumb.

If Gute just spent $180 million on four FAs in order to win now and then drafts a QB in the 1st round of the draft....I'd fire him the next day because he doesn't know what he's doing. One doesn't go with the other. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Personally, I hope this is a smokescreen and we're not this dumb. You draft a round 1 QB and you start him in this era. Wasting his rookie deal as a backup is straight up dumb.

Honestly, I'm not really seeing any reason for the Packers to even be using one of their 30 visits on him.  We've heard during this process about how it's all hands on deck, and now we're looking at a QB who realistically probably won't start for his first 3 seasons minimum.  We're probably 2 years away from looking for a QBOTF.  If they're using this to drum up interest in our pick, that's really the only logic behind it.

33 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

As a prospect when he came out? It seems like below Lock and maybe around Jones. Now? UDFA.

He's probably in that same tier with Lock, maybe a touch higher than Jones.  Jones is the more traditional QB, but Kizer was that dual threat QB you dream on.

28 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

😂
I think he could have benefited from another year at ND even though Brian Kelly is a clown.

Honestly, it was a lose-lose situation.  You either go back to Notre Dame with Brian Kelly or you end up in the dumpster known as Cleveland.  He was going to lose both ways.

• Like 1