Pete's 2019 GM Mock Drafts: Saved the Best for Last: Mock #3 is up!

EaglesPeteC

I just completed my first mock. Here is what I did with my picks.

TRADE! The Eagles sent pick 25 to the Colts for pick 34 and pick 90

with the 34th pick (2nd Round) the Philadelphia Eagles select

5ae77aecc5647.image.jpg?resize=400,274

JERRY TILLERY DT NOTRE DAME

Analysis: There was a ton of value I liked at 25 but nobody who I was fully in love with. Moving back 9 spots and picking up a 3rd was well worth it. at 34 I passed up on guys like Chauncy Garnder Johnson and Josh Jacobs. The Eagles value DL so much and getting a DT roation of Cox, Malik Jackson and Tillery would really keep the DL a force. Tillery's pass rush is something that the Eagles will value above all and would be a strong pick at the top of round 2.

with the 53rd pick (2nd Round) the Philadelphia Eagles select

68-McGlinchey-battles-90-Charles-Omenihu

CHARLES OMENIHU DE TEXAS

Analysis: Howie called this defensive line class "historic" and I double dip with my top 2 picks. Omenihu is a bit of a DE/DT tweener but that fits what the Eagles like to do with putting a pass rusher inside. Omenihu's body type reminds me of Michael Bennett and he is relentless and just fun to watch. He gives Derek Barnett a long term running mate and allows the Eagles to roll that dline out like hockey lines.

with the 57th pick (2nd Round) the Philadelphia Eagles select

Cajuste-e1546558174110.jpg?fit=696,359&s

YODNY CADJUSTE OT WEST VIRGINIA

Analysis: Cadjuste is the athletic profile that the Eagles like in their OT. Cadjuste will get to sit behind Peters for a year and then hopefully be ready to step in next year and finish off the Eagles starting O-line.

with the 90th pick (3rd Round) the Philadelphia Eagles select 

1477036_38674.jpg

MILES SANDERS RB PENN ST.

Analysis:  Sanders has all the pros that everyone is using to put Jacobs to the Eagles at 25. Low mileage do it all back that is great in the passing game. Check all those boxes for Sanders too but I grab him 65 picks later. 

with the 128th pick (4th Round) the Philadelphia Eagles select

central-michigan-cornerback-sean-bunting

Sean Bunting CB Central Michigan

Analysis: I was hoping for a Safety to drop here. I was actually actively trying to trade up for Darnell Savage but it didn't work out. Instead of reaching for a Safety, I took BPA in Bunting who I think will go early 3rd or possibly late 2nd. Throw Bunting in to this young and talented group of CB's and let everyone compete. Perhaps this move would be coupled with Maddox or maybe even Jalen Mills moving into a Safety role full time. 

with the 139th pick (4th Round) the Philadelphia Eagles select 

Gplbmjh8_400x400.jpg

BLAKE CASHMAN LB MINNESOTA

Analysis: After Cahsman showed out at the combine, I was shocked to find him sitting here in the late 4th and gladly scooped him up. Cashman is a fast coverage LB that fits well what the Eagles like in their LB's. He could develop into a quality long term piece and could even see him earning serious playing time as a rookie.

TRADE! The Eagles send pick 165 (5th Round) and RB Josh Adams to the Bears for RB Jordan Howard and a 7th Round pick

bears_cardinals_football_78885104-e15378

Analysis: I slide back 2 rounds and upgrade at RB. While I don't love Jordan Howard overall, he is better than Adams and would be a nice compliment in short yardage and goal line to Sanders and Clement. For the record, I tried to get Duke Johnson but couldn't make it happen.

with the 197th pick (6th Round) the Philadelphia Eagles select

20181106__07BZFBUw~1.jpg

Evan Worthington S Colorado

Analysis: Much later than I would have liked to grab a safety but i like Worthington here. He has all the physical tools to be a starting safety. But some red flags and lapse mentally land him in the 6th Round. Eagles pick him up here and see if he an develop

With their 7th Round pick the Philadelphia Eagles select 

5609aaf779d10.image.jpg?resize=500,653

Penny Hart WR Georgia State

Analysis: Hart is tiny but runs really great routes. Here in the 7th, the gamble on this tiny WR is worth it.

Edited by EaglesPeteC

I have concerns with Cajuste not doing senior bowl or combine or pro day. Not saying it's a bad pick, but right now I picture him as more of a pure RT in NFL.

Omenihu is much more DT than DE unless he lost 15 lbs, but his weight was trending up and not down.

Other than that, you knocked it out of the park.

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

Really like the Cajuste pick.

I've watched quite a bit of Sanders. I believe he'll be able to play in the league, but I think he'll never be THE GUY on any team really.

I feel like he suffers from being compated to Saquan. Looking at him in the same uniform after you've watched Saquon, he can come off as underwhelming. I wonder if you didn't have that strong connection would you feel the same way. I'm not a Penn St fan or anything and didn't really watch a ton of Saquon because I knew he wouldn't be an Eagle. When I watch Sanders, I see a guy that has all the tools to be a #1 back. 

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like he suffers from being compated to Saquan. Looking at him in the same uniform after you've watched Saquon, he can come off as underwhelming. I wonder if you didn't have that strong connection would you feel the same way. I'm not a Penn St fan or anything and didn't really watch a ton of Saquon because I knew he wouldn't be an Eagle. When I watch Sanders, I see a guy that has all the tools to be a #1 back. 

Miles disappears in big games unfortunately.

I didn't like the first pick until I read that you had traded down.
Coupled with the second round picks I thought it was a decent, but not exceptional draft.
It also borders on realism.

I like the Howard trade which actually just occurred in a different form.

I am not a fan of Sanders.  He is a trendy pick to the Eagles by those who believe they should also take Ya-Sin and other Philly products.
I just doesn't work that way.
One caveat:  I do like Shareef Miller if falls to the 6th.

I like the next two picks.
The rest is "meh."

• 2 weeks later...

MOCK #2

Once again, we start this mock with a TRADE!!!!

Eagles trade Pick 25, 57 and 139

to the Vikings for

18 and 81

with the 18th pick the Philadelphia Eagles select

USATSI_10375558-718x490.jpg

CHRISTIAN WILKINS DT CLEMSON

Analysis: I leave nothing to chance and I jump up to grab my guy. Wilkins is the perfect compliment to Malik Jackson and a longterm running mate for Fletcher Cox. Wilkins can rush the passer, is good against the run and would be a great fit in this locker room and team.

TRADE!

What????? I did it again???? I saw an opportunity and I just jumped at it

Eagles trade 53, 81 and CB Jalen Mills 

Lions trade 43 and 88

with the 43rd pick the Philadelphia Eagles select

cJfbu67f_400x400.jpg

JOSH JACOBS RB ALABAMA

Analysis: I saw Jacobs slip past the Bucs at 39 and I started making calls. Getting 2 realistic options at 25 here is an ideal scenario. I move back 7 spots in the 3rd and give up everybody's least favorite CB. Win. Win. Win.

with the 88th pick the Philadelphia Eagles select

64XZNEWZIJAC7ABPYCR7AXSSFY.jpg

MICHAEL DEITER OL WISCONSIN

Deiter is a versatile O-lineman who has experience at every position on the line. He can step in immediately at RG if Brandon Brooks starts on PUP. He played LT for the Badgers, so maybe he is the future there. Worst case, he become the longterm LG of the future. In the meantime, you get a lineman that is an ideal backup that can step in anywhere.

with the 127th pick the Philadelphia Eagles select

96_Wise_crop_t650.jpg?eec9ecda5f66de59a3

DANIEL WISE DT KANSAS

Another DT? Buy why????? Because he was far and away the best player on my board, that is why. I wanted EDGE or S or LB but nothing jumped out at me. So instead of reaching, I pick up Wise and make for a deadly 4 man DT rotation. I love Wise as a pass rushing DT in the rotation. 

with the 164th pick the Philadelphia Eagles select

5pvNouKX_400x400.jpg

EVAN WORTHINGTON S COLORADO

Another mock where value for Safety didn't line up until I scoop up Worthington late. If it wasn't for a suspension this year, he would be a round or 2 earlier...easily. Worthington has great ball skills and has the physical talent to develop into a starter. He'll get a chance to beat out Sendejo for the #3 Safety spot and bring some upside to the field. At the very worst, he keeps the Eagles from having to trot out Tre Sullivan again....

with the 197th pick the Philadelphia Eagles select

AP17245728183781.jpg

ANTHONY RATLIFF WILLIAMS WR/RS UNC

I like ARW as a sleeper WR in this draft. He steps in right away as a RS which the Eagles desperately need. He also has a chance to develop in the slot and possibly take over for Nelly next season. Williams is a guy who can contribute highly on special teams and has the ability to be a gadget player on offense who can make a handful of big plays throughout the year as we try and develop him into more than that. 

Edited by EaglesPeteC

Would hate not to get one of these early safeties but get it if that’s how the board falls.

Some of these trade ups I’d probably feel fine waiting. I like Wilkins and Jacobs they are both safe...but lack an ELITE ceiling. I’d put some of the edges or Ed Oliver in the trade up targets personally. But I can see it happening, and that DT depth will dry up quick. So I’m not gonna be that mad about it. Also we didn’t lose too much in them.

solid additions

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Would hate not to get one of these early safeties but get it if that’s how the board falls.

Some of these trade ups I’d probably feel fine waiting. I like Wilkins and Jacobs they are both safe...but lack an ELITE ceiling. I’d put some of the edges or Ed Oliver in the trade up targets personally. But I can see it happening, and that DT depth will dry up quick. So I’m not gonna be that mad about it. Also we didn’t lose too much in them.

solid additions

Not landing a top safety is the biggest regret of the draft but it just didn't fall my way

I had a deal in place to vault up to 10 for Oliver if he made it there but he did not. I wanted to experiment with a trade up since I did a trade back last mock.

The Jacobs trade up was just a product of opportunity.

Looking on how things actually fell, I think I would have rather not done that trade and went with Savage at 53, Sanders or Henderson at 81 and then taken an OL in the 4th. But it seems like Jacobs is the perfect fit in this offense, so grabbing him without using my first is pretty clutch.