Player Rankings + RAS

deathstar

So I'm just evaluating my data here. Again: I took everyone with an RAS rating and averaged that with their average position on big boards. I then used that to rank players. Using this I just looked at the biggest differences in big board rankings and the rankings I've generated that favor players w/ high RAS. Here are some names that I'm going to be looking into as potential value picks later in the draft:

Kano Dillon - TE

Chris Westry - CB

Jamal Custis - WR

Andrew Van Ginckel - DE

Porter Gustin - LB

Again these are players who, based on their RAS, the Packers could value more than other organizations.

1 minute ago, deathstar said:

So I'm just evaluating my data here. Again: I took everyone with an RAS rating and averaged that with their average position on big boards. I then used that to rank players. Using this I just looked at the biggest differences in big board rankings and the rankings I've generated that favor players w/ high RAS. Here are some names that I'm going to be looking into as potential value picks later in the draft:

Kano Dillon - TE

Chris Westry - DT

Jamal Custis - WR

Andrew Van Ginckel - DE

Porter Gustin - LB

Again these are players who, based on their RAS, the Packers could value more than other organizations.

Andrew Van Ginkel

He's a good one. Was very good at UW his JR year and his SR year had a nagging ankle injury and UW's defense was much worse when he wasn't there.

Waldo #s (percentile):
Mass: 9th
Power: 62nd
Speed 40: 74th
Agility: 76th
Speed 10: 80th
Twitch: 90th

Big problem for them is that he is slight (6034, 241), but even factoring that in, he's quite athletic. Would certainly give us a different type of EDGE than those that we currently have.

3 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Andrew Van Ginkel

He's a good one. Was very good at UW his JR year and his SR year had a nagging ankle injury and UW's defense was much worse when he wasn't there.

Waldo #s (percentile):

Big problem for them is that he is slight (6034, 241), but even factoring that in, he's quite athletic. Would certainly give us a different type of EDGE than those that we currently have.

As a LB he's got some great traits as well. Given his size we could look at him as a player in the Oren Burks mold.

1 minute ago, deathstar said:

As a LB he's got some great traits as well. Given his size we could look at him as a player in the Oren Burks mold.

It would certainly be a change from his role at UW, which was exclusively as an EDGE, but he did drop some and looked pretty good in coverage. Had 2 INTs his JR year, even.

13 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Andrew Van Ginkel

Waldo #s (percentile):

Synopsis from TDN:

BEST TRAIT – Lateral Mobility

WORST TRAIT – Competitive Toughness

BEST FILM – Ohio State (2017)

WORST FILM – Western Kentucky (2018)

RED FLAGS – None

Andrew Van Ginkel is an uninspiring EDGE prospect, given his lack of pass rush skills and his lack of ability to set and anchor the edge against the run. A former JUCO prospect, he shows enough movement skills and ability in space to warrant consideration as a possible convert to the second level as an off ball linebacker. Van Ginkel projects as a practice squad candidate if teams wish to invest in his underneath zone coverage skills.

Just now, Leader said:

Synopsis from TDN:

BEST TRAIT – Lateral Mobility

WORST TRAIT – Competitive Toughness

BEST FILM – Ohio State (2017)

WORST FILM – Western Kentucky (2018)

RED FLAGS – None

Andrew Van Ginkel is an uninspiring EDGE prospect, given his lack of pass rush skills and his lack of ability to set and anchor the edge against the run. A former JUCO prospect, he shows enough movement skills and ability in space to warrant consideration as a possible convert to the second level as an off ball linebacker. Van Ginkel projects as a practice squad candidate if teams wish to invest in his underneath zone coverage skills.

"Lack of pass rush skills" is something that gets attributed to every UW EDGE product because their OLB coach teaches almost exclusively the push/pull move. But yeah, he's definitely someone you're getting later day 3 and seeing what you can do with his movement skills.

4 hours ago, rcon14 said:

It would certainly be a change from his role at UW, which was exclusively as an EDGE, but he did drop some and looked pretty good in coverage. Had 2 INTs his JR year, even.

AVG- get it? Ha,  VanGinkel also is a playmaker. He might have been the best playmaker the Badgers have had the last two years.

Would love to see him in the 6th or 7th round, Special teamer with room to develop.

Archived