RUMOR: 49ers Rams to Open 2020 Season in China

N4L

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/3/25/18281016/49ers-china-host-2020-game 

Kind of a big deal actually. 

I hope its the opening game on the Thursday that is normally reserved for the Superbowl champions, so that we have ample time to get there and adjust to the time change, and also a few extra days to recover on the back end but that we don't burn our bye week.

Never a fan of giving up a home game, but what can I do about it? lol

1 hour ago, N4L said:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/3/25/18281016/49ers-china-host-2020-game 

Kind of a big deal actually. 

I hope its the opening game on the Thursday that is normally reserved for the Superbowl champions, so that we have ample time to get there and adjust to the time change, and also a few extra days to recover on the back end but that we don't burn our bye week.

Never a fan of giving up a home game, but what can I do about it? lol

To me that would be the only way you could make it even conceivably fair... You are going to have so much body adjustment when you leave it is ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Ugh. Having to endure the NFL's attempts to become an international brand....

Why is it a bad thing? Making the game more global will lead it to generating more revenue and ultimately continuing to increase the cap space. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why is it a bad thing? Making the game more global will lead it to generating more revenue and ultimately continuing to increase the cap space. 

Unlike other sports, every game counts and travel impacts performance on the field. I am expecting us to be very competitive by 2020. It could cost us...

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

Unlike other sports, every game counts and travel impacts performance on the field. I am expecting us to be very competitive by 2020. It could cost us...

I mean if it is going to week one, it shouldn't hurt us that much. We would have I'm assuming been accumulated to the time/country change and then wouldn't be playing week 2 until at the very least 10 days. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean if it is going to week one, it shouldn't hurt us that much. We would have I'm assuming been accumulated to the time/country change and then wouldn't be playing week 2 until at the very least 10 days. 

My sister just returned from China this last week. I'll ask her how long it took her and her sons to recuperate.

I think the word you are looking for is "acclimated"? 

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

My sister just returned from China this last week. I'll ask her how long it took her and her sons to recuperate.

Si', meant acclimated to the change of scenery.

Nice, we will have a point of reference in seeing how long it takes one to recuperate from China to USA. 

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I just got back from 2 weeks in Australia. Similar flight to Beijing if that's where they played. Took me half a day to recover really, and that's just because I didn't sleep on the plane. 

17 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I'm more upset that game 1 is against the Rams. I can't think of a worse game to begin the season for our rehab squad. Was hoping it would be one of the Cardinals games. 

This would be the 2020 season, not this year

Its also supposed to be the Thursday night opener, which is currently slated for bears packers this year

1 hour ago, N4L said:

This would be the 2020 season, not this year

Its also supposed to be the Thursday night opener, which is currently slated for bears packers this year

I gave up reading comprehension for Lent.

Thank you for this. This is a significant improvement. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I just got back from 2 weeks in Australia. Similar flight to Beijing if that's where they played. Took me half a day to recover really, and that's just because I didn't sleep on the plane. 

I guess that's just on an individual basis. Personally, I pretty much never get jetlagged. But I'm not a finely tuned athletic machine, making a living out of my finely tuned athleticisms. I have a finely tuned stomach, that's pretty much it. I'm sure a team concerned by the long trip will try to think of every possible way to lessen the impact of the transportations and time difference. So if it's a day and a half of adjustment for the common man, I'm sure they can cut it down to half a day, or something like that. Maybe try doing whatever it is James Bond is doing. He goes from south america to austria to Hong Kong to London and never misses a beat, always alert and ready to fight. He must know what's up.

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

I guess that's just on an individual basis. Personally, I pretty much never get jetlagged. But I'm not a finely tuned athletic machine, making a living out of my finely tuned athleticisms. I have a finely tuned stomach, that's pretty much it. I'm sure a team concerned by the long trip will try to think of every possible way to lessen the impact of the transportations and time difference. So if it's a day and a half of adjustment for the common man, I'm sure they can cut it down to half a day, or something like that. Maybe try doing whatever it is James Bond is doing. He goes from south america to austria to Hong Kong to London and never misses a beat, always alert and ready to fight. He must know what's up.

Generally speaking, I don't get jet lagged at all. LIS, this was largely due to me not sleeping on the plane. By the time we had landed, I had been up about 18 hours, so my body clock was "bedtime", but it was like noon or 1pm or something when we landed, so I had to stay up, dead to the world, until it was a more reasonable hour where I knew I was going to sleep through the night and be back on a normal schedule the following day. 

Archived