Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Giants4eva

Giants4eva Mock Draft.. Subject to change V2.0 MAJOR CHANGES

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Its April 1st 2019 as i begin this. Really wondering even now whom we take in Rd1. After the massive trades we did and the FA signings of Markus Golden, Olsen Pierre, Golden Tate and Antoine Bethea, i think i feel good enough for now to take a stab at what were lining up to do in the draft. So lets get to it. 

RD1 (6th overall) - Ed Oliver  DT / Houston

 BIGGEST CHANGE! If anyone saw his pro day, he's flat out scary. I think this kid has All - Pro written all over him. With how little defensive talent we have left at all, we need a building block and Oliver is as nasty as they come. The Giants crowd is going to go absolutely insane w/anger when they see us take a pass rusher / lineman with the 6th pick instead of a QB...there is NO DOUBT this is going to happen when they see us pass on a QB prospect but this is coming. After the most recent talks Ralph Vacciano has had with Pat Shurmur and rumblings the organization has had about how we are starting over, they all are leading to this drafts strength which is on the defensive side of the ball. 

 

RD1 (17th overall) - Daniel Jones QB / Duke

 Guys... hate on me all u want with Jones but im sticking to it this time. I think this is the guy the Giants are targetting all along. My initial thought process was i saw the Gmen falling in love with Haskins,  but at this point with all the talks, the pro days, the game film,  physical attributes and even QB demeanor.. Jones really would fit the bill for what this team is looking for. The more i read into interviews with Eli and even the talks between Gettleman, Dave Cutcliffe and even Shurmur being on board with Jones as a QB.. i see this happening. 

 

Rd2 (37th overall) - Jaylon Ferguson EDGE / Louisiana Tech

  He's the type of guy i think Gettleman likes. Just a nasty SOB to play against. Need pass rushers in the worst of ways. Oliver and Ferguson i think would fit the bill as stable building blocks to get at the passer. Hes really been a guy the Gmen have mentioned and spoken with in the last couple monthes. Alot of back and forth apparently with Ferguson and Gettleman has happened from what ive read. I was thinking possibly a CB here but i feel Ferguson has the best value when it comes to this 37th selection. Oliver and Ferguson coming off that edge would be a thing of beauty 

 

Rd3 (95th overall) - OT David Edwards / Wisconsin

  Right Tackle prospect that comes from a school whom produces lineman. I watched him in a few games this year. Good solid prospect for us to shore up the RT position on our line. 

 

Rd4 - (108th overall) - CB Julian Love / Notre Dame 

  I feel every yr there is a talent that slips just slightly out of where they belong. Love was an elite talent earlier in the college season but his play tailed off. With the rise of Greedy Williams, Deandre Baker and even Rock Ya-Sin, i feel Love is the one whom slips thru the cracks and ends up at the top of the 4th. We could use another cover CB opposite JJ. I think this where we could possibly get Julian. 

Basically after rd4.. its gonna be BPA. Hopefully that BPA is for a position of need on defence. Well see. 

 

 

Edited by Giants4eva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it. Devin Bush is the one guy in this draft who could instantly play the money backer role and be great at it. I like that pick a lot. I like the Ferguson pick as well. You're right in that he is definitely a Gettleman guy. I havent watched the other 2 guys, but I'd be very happy with this draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya i been thinking alot about that 17th pick. The guy i see falling to us at that point is either Bush or Ferrell out of Clemson. As far as the first pick we have, we have to be very wary of Miami and Washington. I really am wondering if the Jets are gonna trade down with one of them and take on a dearth of picks. Them or Tampa. Possibly both considering they are looking at defensive players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Ya i been thinking alot about that 17th pick. The guy i see falling to us at that point is either Bush or Ferrell out of Clemson. As far as the first pick we have, we have to be very wary of Miami and Washington. I really am wondering if the Jets are gonna trade down with one of them and take on a dearth of picks. Them or Tampa. Possibly both considering they are looking at defensive players. 

I'm almost positive we will not have a chance to get Haskins or Murray if we stay at 6, which we probably are. The pick will most likely be a defensive player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, minutemancl said:

I'm almost positive we will not have a chance to get Haskins or Murray if we stay at 6, which we probably are. The pick will most likely be a defensive player.

Ya very true. Well see what happens. Lock or Jones are not out of the realm of possibility for us. Have to be honest i like what i've seen in Lock's game and even Jones. I really do like the fact they are both a lot more mobile then Haskins. Murray's just a freak athlete but Lock and Jones are not bad whatsoever with their legs. One thing with Lock is how the ball just explodes out of his hand. When watching Mayfield last season with Cleveland, i really saw some similarity between him and Lock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Ya very true. Well see what happens. Lock or Jones are not out of the realm of possibility for us. Have to be honest i like what i've seen in Lock's game and even Jones. I really do like the fact they are both a lot more mobile then Haskins. Murray's just a freak athlete but Lock and Jones are not bad whatsoever with their legs. One thing with Lock is how the ball just explodes out of his hand. When watching Mayfield last season with Cleveland, i really saw some similarity between him and Lock. 

I really don't like Lock. If we don't get Haskins or Murray, I'd rather get Will Grier at 37 than anyone else. Then we can also grab a late round guy like Jordan Ta'amu, Clayton Thorson, Trace McSorley, or Kyle Shurmur. The only 2 ways that have been exhibited in how to get a franchise QB is either get your guy in the top-5, 10 or get lucky later in the draft. If we aren't moving up to get 'the' guy, draft in volume and hope you get lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah really like it. I really like that David Edwards pick in the 3rd that's a steal. I wonder if Julian Love will drop to the 4th round? I've seen him in the 2nd/early 3rd range in most mocks but  it could happen. Also don't we have two 4th rounders? (not trying to nitpick :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I really don't like Lock. If we don't get Haskins or Murray, I'd rather get Will Grier at 37 than anyone else. Then we can also grab a late round guy like Jordan Ta'amu, Clayton Thorson, Trace McSorley, or Kyle Shurmur. The only 2 ways that have been exhibited in how to get a franchise QB is either get your guy in the top-5, 10 or get lucky later in the draft. If we aren't moving up to get 'the' guy, draft in volume and hope you get lucky.

 

Not a Daniel Jones fan at all MM? I wouldn't mind him at 37 a bit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

 

Not a Daniel Jones fan at all MM? I wouldn't mind him at 37 a bit 

(know the statement is for someone else but....) I actually am a fan of Dan Jones. The more u see his game, to a degree he reminds me of a Carson Wentz. Size, arm strength and ability to extend plays. Well see where Gettleman goes with these picks. Jones is not going to make it out of the first round. When u look up and down the board besides us.. Washington , Miami and do NOT discount Denver (ya i know about Flacco)and even New England looking at a QB. Washington and Miami are the 2 teams not named Arizona whom are almost guranteed to take a QB.

Edited by Giants4eva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

Yeah really like it. I really like that David Edwards pick in the 3rd that's a steal. I wonder if Julian Love will drop to the 4th round? I've seen him in the 2nd/early 3rd range in most mocks but  it could happen. Also don't we have two 4th rounders? (not trying to nitpick :D

 

Ya in the 4th round i just can see Julian slipping. Im more than likely wrong but who knows. I think Gettleman is going to do a couple of trades in this draft to trade up to get some more talent in rd3 and rd4. We have 12 picks and i cant see us using every single one. If Love is there at our pick id be very happy. I also think in rd4 we are gonna go with a WR prospect. Just trying to see whom will be available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

 

Not a Daniel Jones fan at all MM? I wouldn't mind him at 37 a bit 

I don't mind him. Kyler Murray is the only special QB in this class. Daniel Jones is a bit below Haskins for me. He's probably my 3rd favorite in the class. If you've seen him talk, he's like an Eli clone. It's a little strange. The thing is I highly doubt Jones makes it to 37; we'd have to take him at 17. I think there are better ways to spend the 17th pick. 

Important thing to note is Shurmur is excellent at working with QBs. As long as he has a say, I trust in the product he can put out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 11:47 PM, NYGiantsman10 said:

Yeah really like it. I really like that David Edwards pick in the 3rd that's a steal. I wonder if Julian Love will drop to the 4th round? I've seen him in the 2nd/early 3rd range in most mocks but  it could happen. Also don't we have two 4th rounders? (not trying to nitpick :D

 

I need to stick to my board more often LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

I need to stick to my board more often LOL

 

Bro I was just thinking about this good call! xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×