Owners vote to challenge all pass interference calls

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Too much overreaction in this thread. Coaches arent wasting challenges or their time on something ticky tacky. They'll only throw the flag for something they know theyll have a high probability of winning

They will when its a big third down/fourth down at a crucial part of the game. 

Coaches can say they wont try to use this on hail Mary's all they want, but those are 32 of the most competitive human beings on the planet, and I find it hard to believe that all of them wont try to use any and all advantages they have to win games. 

12 hours ago, N4L said:

Now, despite the fact that it happened outside of 2 minutes, all scoring plays are automatically reviewed. Because defensive holding is not reviewable but offensive pass interference is, the play could be overturned and a penalty called on the offense, even though there were fouls on both teams. 

To be honest, a guy who is getting held should have the ability to push off a little bit to disengage. That should just be a no call. 

You can use the term 'indisputable evidence' all you want, but this just creates more judgement calls and increases the refs ability to effect the outcome of the game. 

I also expect more flopping from guys now 

They need to just have full time officials 

I don't know what your opinion about OPI enforcement has to do with this. A review is only initiated if there is something obvious. Theoretically your scenario is possible, but with fouls on both teams, I highly doubt they would overturn over a nitpicky OPI. I agree there could be some funky situations, so that's why it's not permanent. I suspect it wont be a problem. We'll see who's right. 

I don't buy that it will cause more flopping. Players flop to fool refs in real time, not in the replay booth, where catching floppers is easier.

As for the last part, I agree!

Archived