New uniforms in 2020

candyman93

Dee Haslam made the expected official on Tuesday: The Browns expect to have new uniforms in 2020. "I think we got it right this time," Haslam said. The Browns last unveiled new uniforms in 2015, to mixed reviews. Haslam said she has seen drawings, and a prototype should be released in the spring of 2020. Haslam would not say if the team is going back to its traditional look, saying; "You need to be surprised."

Some stadium renovations as well.

The Browns continue to examine a significant renovation or rebuild to their stadium as part of an overall development project, and Dee and Jimmy Haslam said discussions with the city have led them to commit to keeping the facility where it is. The stadium and development near it are a long-term, multiple-year project. The shorter-term emphasis is on better connecting the stadium with downtown Cleveland. Dee Haslam: "We have this huge asset so I think it's really important that we connect to the waterfront. And that people … the city people are moving back into town. And you want to be able to run along the water and access the water. I think those are the first two priorities that we have to think about before we think about what else we can do to our stadium."

Per Pat McManamom

New jerseys are a smart buisness idea with a new franchise QB.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Good. Everything but the all Browns look lame right now. 

Ehh, the white jerseys/brown pants they wore in the Ravens finale look good. The all brown color rush jerseys look good. Everything outside of that is trash.

Why dont they let fans decide with a poll? If memory serves me right, the Cavs did that back in 2003 when they introduced new jerseys. They put a poll of different color options up on their website and let the fans vote and thats how they went from black/baby blue back to the wine/gold. That seems like the only surefire way to make sure fans get something they like

Nothing to see here.  I was excited the last time new uniforms were coming out but was majorly dissapointed. I have a feeling this will produce the same dissapointed feeling.

The bottom line is as long as the Browns win, that's all that matters in the end.

Peace!!!

18 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Nothing to see here.  I was excited the last time new uniforms were coming out but was majorly dissapointed. I have a feeling this will produce the same dissapointed feeling.

The bottom line is as long as the Browns win, that's all that matters in the end.

Peace!!!

Idk man I feel it’s different this time 

I think the color rush has helped them see what looks good and what the fans like 

Im interested to see what they do with the development in making it more pedestrian friendly and lakeside development. Can somebody in this city, for the love of God, please actually do something with the lakefront property. Why not build a bunch of restaurants/bars on the lake by the stadium similar to what the Flats have been transformed into. That gives people places to go before games if they are opposed to the muni-lot and could also drive more traffic down there for the Rock Hall + GLSC in the summertime.

As far as transportation 'connecting to the city' why not build a rail car/trolly system like Cinci has that takes you from downtown to down by the stadium area.

EDIT: Apparently this is already happening planned for 2022....but for businesses. Not shopping, restaurants and nightlife. Lame

https://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20180530/news/163371/developers-update-cleveland-city-council-lakefront-plans

lakefront_i.jpg

Edited by AkronsWitness

I'm anticipating them pulling things back a bit closer to where they were before their newest uniforms a few years back.  They need to.  They went too drastic with their alterations.  You're a brown and orange team.  Those are rugged and traditional colors.  There's only so much you can do to make them "attractive."  Keeping things a bit simpler is probably the way to go.