Trades, explanations, 1 round

Nickpeloso17

1.FkcYH0wHt-izUfF6rlwNTMV0u_ie-sH5r4YG_9OGRyqXmUCvMUSpAPilqpE0Pvmp0Bi_B5-tdGh_Qyjm9uosCJZUhjVx3UhYNxfml6G4cnaGqOrJKuP3VZ60Wphk8uNzu-DXTf0sArizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray, QB Oklahoma

The consensus #1 overall pick, Murray all but locked up his position following his pro day. He seemingly fits the offense Kingsbury wants to run, leading to a Rosen trade.

2. SvYQ9l1gkoCnxZJlRbdD6NXz4nqBALlE31Xk0lNaq05idQyMJUxcpGOsKsRjRuwqMrpIXVGSIYzaByZnfngyCkDaVN82dora7-AD8Ibh_0hZoijPIU4y_tpwstcyGWbyERHfZFIKSan Francisco 49ers: Nick Bosa, DE Ohio State

Bosa is arguably the best player in the draft, so it comes down to him and Quinnen Williams here. Dee Ford was a good start in terms of adding edge rush talent, but Bosa can complete the line here.

3. aVp5BobNEuKzA6o1ZRlopN8WrzJtEHuwFi536oGxX-yk5qWjeII9iPEdPeSnFyiA-a7AyZseNTsRl6A8WI0Cs9sTDaXSdDQjFW2XB4yXPvTa776ioGA86EISqEobGYAFCVkOZHQvNew York Jets: Josh Allen, EDGE Kentucky

After missing out on Anthony Barr, this team arguably needs an edge rusher more than any other team. Allen can be New York’s Von Miller if developed correctly.

4. YxBCbzS_STgMbAfzMccQgd424T25kxD9VBPoFixKFvrbbQzZ1fakacI9wNPRBERZinfuzfDVeFdjluaMdILQRRkj_kICquXGzXeZ1sQMFbdZnMKnk_M-gD30YZ_nBzTH5XIXB8nSOakland Raiders: Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Oakland will likely receive plenty of phone calls about a trade down here, but Williams is too good to pass up. With DT not a major need, they could move PJ Hall for a mid round pick.

TRADE

5. LmZ1OhlONwJ1dYB2Pbp7vFks5ywEHCmUN8KzA4galJdEJYTZ2hZwlOSpDAdMAInB0MWvmvXJY0cyaJyWezlTRx9s6tTZsrtNuIuiLkvtOG3Y5-y9XpmpcfoYOOnf6bDvCJvI7T_i*New York Giants: Dwayne Haskins, QB Ohio State

I’m not buying the rumors going around that New York isn’t interested. It could just be a smokescreen to prevent teams like Washington and Miami from trading up. To secure their player, they trade up a pick much like the Bears did with Trubisky in 2017.

6. dtliwhyVd0_6AZ-LJxlvhKE0HKEfsv95nAMr1O6KWnszJmB1VH1yNYy5Tt0cNk1PqAY_sP2_nbYUa71PqJXnIgYtH57xdQ-jZ2qqcbhzpc0LkRR7MbvzTBSm754k7QTfx_KgDJcNTampa Bay Buccaneers (via NYG): Devin White, LB LSU

Losing Kwon Alexander to San Francisco in free agency leaves a hole at LB. White is an athletic LB that could help negate the impacts of Alvin Kamara and Christian McCaffrey.

7. FcBYXgDtQa7B9myQ6ltY_Dlv8F6gfIJIPih7xKfmq9Vl-2fv5xyh59ulOENRCckalsyoOqhYOhCJSKnc2n_5ZyB0K9m6Nhpbd1DsOAXZb9HGqBP3EKFtUWn5dhkSOqTug5mKOnhOJacksonville Jaguars: Jawaan Taylor, OT Florida

This pick likely comes down to Taylor or Hockenson. Cam Robinson is coming back at the LT spot, but the ability to select their future RT could be too good to pass up.

8. XMTuRGDDFtgUzdWOR_lVCzmatQ2B1gj5gVSkoyYtSpiZE64XEPlammt4iTNvMw2k65RGuYDdFJRLELR29yJ_mD3FkGo5dRhzNPRqLnxzOY5Tcz9h0pdUN9aR1F_lSFVgl_d2VQxhDetroit Lions: Montez Sweat, DE Mississippi State

Signing Trey Flowers was a great start, but there’s still work to be done. If Sweat’s heart condition isn’t an issue as expected, this would be a smart move.

TRADE

9. TXIrwydKEk_fTjpiCqBElf4HrVSn9CGoqwC1fu_8pprXmTUVnHVybdV6qkk0hhuV6s0BTCiCxILogHLzoh0Qjt_-csgkg5aBuP-sTR4GhcaDczfhWz7msnwirrtzHFdyd_130Sig*Washington Redskins: Drew Lock, QB Missouri

Washington was awarded 3rd and 5th round compensatory picks and may have to jump Denver for Lock. Washington’s 6-3 start last year probably tells them they won’t be in range for a future QB in 2020 if they wait.

10. CFsYd2WjMCk4KC6zoLR7PfJRgcK3pauuTqM2zdmjmoX0EqXA-dWnrwLTRZ0i17Zl0N8soPzbNZ42hTBgOWHIrLgnPqlKj_jAJS_8prnNkngmQLygNti-c89YUC-NLS_30Kt-sksDDenver Broncos: Devin Bush, LB Michigan

This pick likely comes down to Lock, White, or Bush. Brandon Marshall won’t be brought back so adding Bush to a defense that already boasts Miller/Chubb/Harris gets a big boost.

11. mJeHp51IrkNq6OwY02IZ25WRIBUgv0hX4T4uOiTuj8CKcsMEQ7lH7dpnHDgiPfGd2T8kxHrwz_YIRspsCP6fHc7LYjsPV8CyCd8kQ3EInWWOX0dXMCfSBRdO_RSkNHxTU6xyzshVCincinnati Bengals: Ed Oliver, DT Houston

The top linebackers are gone, so Cincinnati opts to go with BPA here. Oliver’s size is similar to that of 30 year old Geno Atkins, who he can learn under before he replaces him.

12. Cs3AIpKh2chnE14WWL-kvOYGfy5jGju4v9tKxUGzOnIu9tROpaoM9DoYSnwunriMUkFcqcFBsaZ_8C52BEz5fzLupmT6E3jRYj-ug2_vCJWIeQYZ-46aAh8v9JruIqh1dDS8jFoKGreen Bay Packers: TJ Hockenson, TE Iowa

Preston and Za'darius Smith were brought in to aid the pass rush, so the attention can turn to the offense at #12. Hockenson is a great blocker and even better catcher, something Rodgers hasn’t had from a TE since Jermichael Finley.

TRADE

13. SxldwQLzWd0uMmXtjX0pYMC7bB7kIZBrJS1Ofbo93SkMOo0tQ-r6M0AUFs5FIVO9qeu7sU-8Ou68VsOk9nnzRe7qqhkCbmoVqkD2p0-Iyo95F-z9AlEcpjQ2muyuNAM0ldlApa25*Pittsburgh Steelers: Brian Burns, DE Florida State

Pittsburgh needs a corner badly, but Miami could be looking to move down, and the Steelers are now equipped with 10 total picks. Burns can help put pressure on Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson.

14. JNHW55jdkFRN5ktGjqe2P4Yx40Gp9E1RgZwCLE1PjWI40RqqjI0i1v93fVjreRBtxdrkc1DHEy6PLg3oG6SuIRuveyCBpgNA_Ll6NRPXOnjEFwdNPdhV960bIH6I3-Phov_lBDnIAtlanta Falcons: DeAndre Baker, CB Georgia

A bit of a surprise here, but there is plenty of defensive line talent in this class. Dan Quinn has mentioned that corner is one of the positions they’re focusing on right now, so Baker could be the pick to solidify their secondary with Trufant/Oliver already in place.

15. wFmM1FY39sQ9CgXrTYW_Rtt-4kO7IXv2XDtoNHXgU1v32OwXptHfCM8I80y1Tga58UNmZekl77zO6ihKIZ5QySyACJSE97GclAJrGOrbJNhRGSnkCCbsBrcl-lX6Ijyig-GwaFPUBuffalo Bills (via WAS): DK Metcalf, WR Ole Miss

Cole Beasley, John Brown, and Andre Roberts were good signings to add to a group of Zay Jones and Robert Foster. That still might not be enough, as Buffalo needs to surround Josh Allen with weapons. The Bills may like is value at 15 more than 9.

16. BBYS0sYrm5J4nUi6TyKz_OICQhn8R8Gn6Vkn4ythq8Ve2_OGt-PegpU1D7EC2BtE9D630bDe-d6cAc7d6IQPJrUH38oaQ3gUkSPqW6koDjFS5vv2Z4C_3vNeJLNAYsgOxhLHSvIACarolina Panthers: Jonah Williams, OT Alabama

Cam Newton couldn’t even finish last season due in large part to his offensive line. Williams can either replace Matt Kalil at LT or start out at guard.

17. -FtxEPYfM2VSdCFxdVAWClFUwxa6eTGBEJttoeInqlX1EoeFNFPd0v2sZ_3yMwmpHpJX5kFmGNH9e-1uOmzdwhknX0rHY-1S2-5IvViXLVpOlIhaGdskZalreQcvj4KTLZH_rvLJNew York Giants (via CLE): Clelin Ferrell, DE Clemson

QB is checked off the list, so New York can focus on filling the DE hole they’ve had since the JPP trade. Ferrell is good value and also helps lessen the loss of Olivier Vernon.

18. dva43Tp47P-ogiBlRAcJBgIyACqyKkzjSXTsVpqo3YDQDoFrn5SRVBmOfteedqsxXyqr9xtBmA4_Lwp-qdJCH4kZA60Ow-oSLlGUk6iiKxfwMB9xwVOD6uG8I_X9DUhBiHiFQ1pPMinnesota Vikings: Rashan Gary, DE Michigan

Gary is one player I could see fall come draft night. His college production didn’t match up to the hype coming in, but Minnesota has shown they’re willing to gamble on talent if the value is right.

19. Eu0SPB4ZVCHvRIu6x-5zKWh7SwdP9lyn3p0kW6RpPNL8niQP3VkxJQlgxvvuwYd-9MzStOqfSSgilxzeEVEzTT5VkAC_rJhF8fuOrwdzj5TQy0KTUDtADUjX_EI0Ku7ujdNZRa9HTennessee Titans: Noah Fant, TE iowa

Fant is exactly the kind of weapon Marcus Mariota needs. This pick could lead to a potential Delanie Walker trade where a team like New England comes to mind.

20. 1lKFyG3IkehpvtGg07QjGcLdqTAFxCqYvib2AMPJDVmdAcVshSxnPldbD8qGVs8zmisjtL4yeKQJr9lmSn_xThILVF8Vl6eKR1x7bWxA0rj1xhSCualVnObKSeLn1WDKUbKAEPSFMiami Dolphins (via PIT): Cody Ford, OT Oklahoma

If the Tank for Tua rumors are true, Miami would be smart to start building the pieces needed for him to succeed. They add some picks and add Ford who could replace Ja'wuan James.

TRADE

21. Q9zjNMp569fosp3HiyYK6dI06CBA2Ld0zKFXyD-4d50OGsQNpbHikwFIeiz7Au8xdhieMI_BuPXmqf08KTtIbqE9z_HCXrSc7WthHAbvapthu3QmzxzPzxKFR4Bbr0bXpOCSEEqS*Kansas City Chiefs: Greedy Williams, CB LSU

This defense is to blame for Kansas City not playing in the super bowl, namely the secondary. Mike Mayock and Oakland seem interested in Williams at 24, so they should be aggressive and jump their division rival. Seattle could take a discount to trade down as they only have 4 picks.

22. msHsx1BB0xhLlWsLz-7VaL92ZeRzaPSzGKs8wd5M-cP-x6fivNbB32XPD01nsymIWjFRtvQU5FpyJgnP5_q1g61YwmyUdaZeh8lBC4FclQ41U4n6FGjaZEWmLO9WHEI7nezRb4-7Baltimore Ravens: Mack Wilson, LB Alabama

CJ Mosley leaving for the Jets creates a big hole at linebacker. New GM Eric DeCosta continues the Ozzie theme of taking Alabama players.

23. 1F5Z-swCAMflebpaxvEKt8Cmi60ah9HUer7_ivBfaYQ8yx3OflP7KYZvEpqX8k3LHh03tFcLMAvUa3fM9P6DIQw0pZXLzKQo7kLWsOGYW_AolYsGLBD5CKosqciLQH0R3cdZrptUHouston Texans: Andre Dillard, OT Washington State

Coming into the offseason, CB and OT were the positions of emphasis for Houston. Roby and Boddy-Calhoun solved one of those issues, so Dillard is brought in to protect Watson.

24. sfKRIgpxaTzgrP5xxKHMdt766Tx499VUpEOY9db5VuV4zpnqsV4dOfFedj87t_im3_Y1zUH1_x-DFdng3A2nLl5ZAzB7AgZnjVvUOhruz-hAlLXUzJBlfZCxqNYkd2hVm-XNU81AOakland Raiders (via CHI): Byron Murphy, CB Washington

The need for an edge rusher is still there, but the value isn’t. Oakland has addressed almost every hole they have on defense except corner, where they could look to select Gareon Conley’s running mate at the same pick two years after.

25. ynm3TPO_eTIWKl7ONsllNCrSY4lozodIOms4eUeWvA9cyafe5daXV0JkRRvi3xg_wejR53SewVvOGBq29sumsfgX4uktCjsmpbGLpOgKRdELhi1LtAfn6lflZSK5cMcmZ9nFP5osPhiladelphia Eagles: Josh Jacobs, RB Alabama

Selecting a RB high isn’t necessarily the Howie Roseman way about drafting, but the Eagles have shown interest and the need there is undeniable.

26. -y2QpmVlANJfmI4xunje-VdmLaTQjQFgcUZ4eTZsy-sc8d-DyEwT0NdG6uAuo1yKA_Qk8XjxenVtFzD1KBK6g4PThMgiA5AIxsLkLxbnGMNR2cs12y7uN6HJ88jrwlyGVgn23Wi0Indianapolis Colts: Christian Wilkins, DT Clemson

This is a bit of a no brainer for the Colts. This defense was vastly improved last season and should be glad to see Wilkins here who falls further than expected due to the simple fact that DT’s aren’t drafted high.

TRADE

27. 5BSbdVTMduyq_AtQ6mlHnGIVmhDPy29othiqtLIV9640c22Y7B2UKS4q-lOiq5uF6_btUz2or37mK6ZP0zDKayLsZqXF89M4hc9qrqdBzMjcAW_iXC-XX1TDFMflpwZlDx99ZkT0*New England Patriots: Dexter Lawrence, DT Clemson

New England now has a hole at TE after the Gronk retirement, but they have 12 picks total and are known to move up and down the board. Lawrence fills an even bigger need, but they may need to move ahead of the Chargers to do grab him. It comes down to if they think surrendering a 3rd round pick to upgrade from someone like Tillery  is worth it.

28. nRPqo5K7DkSodLLIQdwhnRXq_kW22KCRbT6IXlMtWCtARg0Fz99RhiVaNZkUqtwpiLaka5aTaBz0nsX3AXwGKF45hbqk9Z3eTreNB0WO9emcw_1yahDf3m5wQmh2yWtBMkEjZhayLos Angeles Chargers: Taylor Rapp, S Washington

Jahleel Addae was let go at the beginning of free agency so someone to put back there with Derwin James could be needed. Rapp fits this defense and is arguably the best safety prospect in this draft.

29. G-51gED3pyi5nhL1xegQE-g4T8YTiZ9Vhd4RlTz-FILHtjTvcaLmD9UbySoKdXi7SzllYe_DEFJ0jEW_uWp07mDGJx0gVXkAPtyx5orrI5eyrrmeO2ykuEAlXIK5jXe__RExM5z_Seattle Seahawks (via KC): Charles Omenihu, DE Texas

Rapp went a pick before, and Seattle has shown interest. Outside of their tendency to pick defensive lineman early, they’ve also shown that they’ll pick players earlier than expected.

30. yNzidHcKEpxZX1YmRQvnd0djPv-OV61MAioT5xa6IG6F4RrqTB143372vvov2QMNEc3FjJuuwpxEZ6YP3jP0zhqC0e9xKWPBtmU47RBqFLKJ3fldb0sV0ESzwGQgb8i7YzJRwSZIGreen Bay Packers (via NO): Nasir Adderley, S Delaware

Adrian Amos was brought in to fill one of the safety spots, but the other options currently on the roster are less than ideal. Adderley could help round out this ‘new look’ defense.

31. RmjAHg4lEbGjt3uw_0_mMDLu6nMjmn6WXlr8nKz-0uRrq_ko1-f4Dkg3dW84Y1TYvkWl_5zrnD8MC3HiOnq_fHL5kB6VFzJfcVNlzNtNo1whSdKh2LlmCaMbjebQVAK4ZBjDySDJLos Angeles Rams: Garrett Bradbury, OG NC State

Rodger Saffold left for Tennessee so a replacement there is needed. Gurley is a bit banged up right now, so protecting him and CJ Anderson is a must.

32. fJsfLyfiqLPQHH39OqK3HhrfT9pdO5FOj9HhbmaS3x_wwieKT0wDww_vq8niu1aW2PF9m-Z-Hz4HIYluH-G04VFjYlzUNmL608_dpG8hn6APXWbNBdcWB8UcFe9mhSFTnclP05bPOakland Raiders (via NE): Irv Smith Jr., TE Alabama

Jon Gruden can’t help but use one of these picks on offense. Oakland lost out on Hockenson and Fant after losing Jared Cook to New Orleans so Derek Carr’s future security blanket is the pick.

14. JNHW55jdkFRN5ktGjqe2P4Yx40Gp9E1RgZwCLE1PjWI40RqqjI0i1v93fVjreRBtxdrkc1DHEy6PLg3oG6SuIRuveyCBpgNA_Ll6NRPXOnjEFwdNPdhV960bIH6I3-Phov_lBDnIAtlanta Falcons: DeAndre Baker, CB Georgia

A bit of a surprise here, but there is plenty of defensive line talent in this class. Dan Quinn has mentioned that corner is one of the positions they’re focusing on right now, so Baker could be the pick to solidify their secondary with Trufant/Oliver already in place.

Thats just a big fat no my friend we already have all 3 of our starting CB's in place and we ar looking for CB but only for depth as a #4 or #5 CB.  We have Trufant, Oliver, and Kazee as our starting 3 with Bilidi Wreh Wilson as our #4 who played quite well last year i might add.    Then you add in the fact that Baker isn't worth a top 15 pick and i might not take him in the top 25 that makes it even worse. If we went CB in round 1 even though it would be pretty dumb overall we atleast gotta get the top 10 value in Greedy Williams the best CB in the draft.

The 1st round pick has to be a trench player be it DT, DE, or OL.  The only position i might be ok with taking just bc of how much i like both players there would be LB to pair with Debo and those 2 guys are White and Bush.  But still those 2 would be last resorts if all the good trench guys are already gone.

11 hours ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

10. CFsYd2WjMCk4KC6zoLR7PfJRgcK3pauuTqM2zdmjmoX0EqXA-dWnrwLTRZ0i17Zl0N8soPzbNZ42hTBgOWHIrLgnPqlKj_jAJS_8prnNkngmQLygNti-c89YUC-NLS_30Kt-sksDDenver Broncos: Devin Bush, LB Michigan

This pick likely comes down to Lock, White, or Bush. Brandon Marshall won’t be brought back so adding Bush to a defense that already boasts Miller/Chubb/Harris gets a big boost.

I like it. In this scenario I'd be torn between Bush, Oliver and Hockenson...probably would give a edge to Hockenson, but Denver couldn't go wrong with any of the 3

13 hours ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

TRADE

13. SxldwQLzWd0uMmXtjX0pYMC7bB7kIZBrJS1Ofbo93SkMOo0tQ-r6M0AUFs5FIVO9qeu7sU-8Ou68VsOk9nnzRe7qqhkCbmoVqkD2p0-Iyo95F-z9AlEcpjQ2muyuNAM0ldlApa25*Pittsburgh Steelers: Brian Burns, DE Florida State

Pittsburgh needs a corner badly, but Miami could be looking to move down, and the Steelers are now equipped with 10 total picks. Burns can help put pressure on Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson.

This trade only happens if by some miracle Devin White is still on the board.  I think the Steelers will stay put in the 1st at 20 and then try trade up in the 2nd round.

8 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

This trade only happens if by some miracle Devin White is still on the board.  I think the Steelers will stay put in the 1st at 20 and then try trade up in the 2nd round.

My thought process here was that Pittsburgh currently has 10 draft picks and the Dolphins (like most rebuilding teams) probably wouldn’t ask too much to trade down. Maybe one of their 3rd’s and a 3rd/5th next year. The Steelers also haven’t shown that they draft for need in the first round so CB and ILB may not necessarily be targets unless, like you said Bush or maybe even White were somehow there. I could see a Marcus Davenport situation where someone falls for an edge rusher (one of the most important positions there is) and jumps ahead of MIA/CAR/NYG/TEN to ensure they get there guy, whoever that may be.

13 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Solid picks but we are not moving PJ Hall for a midround pick, don't kid yourself. 

I like Hall as a player no doubt but that may be what it comes to if Oakland feels an extra draft pick is more beneficial for the team than a 3rd (or 4th depending on how you feel about Hankins) DT. Not saying I expect it by any means just thought the idea could be thrown out there. Maybe flip him for an edge rusher if the value isn’t there in the draft.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Solid pick but the Titans are not trading Delanie.

Just an idea I had if they decide to move on and clear some cap space after drafting Fant. Would’nt say it’s likely by any means but I’ve kept some of your previous comments on my mocks in mind. Glad you like the pick though

Archived