Lurie: Kelly Green Alternates a “Priority”

Kiltman

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Feel like this is a big missed opportunity to not put into place for the 100th NFL season, could’ve had throwback games all year.

Yep. It's  a dumb *** rule as is. Makes no sense what so ever to begin with.

If you as the NFL endorse Teams wearing Throwback Jerseys and the 100's of Millions in sales that occur because of it. Why on Earth limit those with newer/updated logos?

Always been Stupid!!!

The two helmet rule was supposed to be about safety right? You would think that the helmet manufactures could replicate the midnight as far as style, safety, etc. 

How long ago did Pittsburgh wear those yellow helmets? Atlanta with their alternates. If feels like not too long ago. 

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yep. It's  a dumb *** rule as is. Makes no sense what so ever to begin with.

If you as the NFL endorse Teams wearing Throwback Jerseys and the 100's of Millions in sales that occur because of it. Why on Earth limit those with newer/updated logos?

Always been Stupid!!!

42 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

The two helmet rule was supposed to be about safety right? You would think that the helmet manufactures could replicate the midnight as far as style, safety, etc. 

How long ago did Pittsburgh wear those yellow helmets? Atlanta with their alternates. If feels like not too long ago. 

I'm not a scientist so it would be arrogant for me to weigh in on the matter, but the reasoning given is that helmets which are broken in are safer than fresh, new, mint helmets. So they have them continue using the same helmet which has been broken in. 

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm not a scientist so it would be arrogant for me to weigh in on the matter, but the reasoning given is that helmets which are broken in are safer than fresh, new, mint helmets. So they have them continue using the same helmet which has been broken in. 

Yeah that was the science used to make the rule, it was disproven I believe not long after.

but they have to appear like they care

11 hours ago, Danger said:

So players that are new to a Team with a fresh new Eagles helmet, what are at a disadvantage? Makes no sense. Convenient  excuse really

Archived