Contracts: who are the best and worst player deals on your team?

Kiwibrown

There is nothing like having a productive player below market value. 

The inverse is true, it sucks having a productive player earning top 5 money way above what should be their market value. 

The Browns recently off loaded Jamie Collins, who would of been our worst contract 4 years 52 million.  The next would be Jarvis Landry who is getting top 5 money, for solid production. 

Our best contract is Baker Mayefield, but it isnt much of an exercise picking rookies. 

Our best vet  contract is probably JC TRETTER, C, who is getting a bit more than 5 million per year, if he hits free agency after this season I see him getting 3years/24-30 million. He was good in pass pro and solid in the run. 

Who do you all have on your team?

• Like 1

Yannick Ngakoue is probably the best considering he is still on his 3rd round pick salary 

Worst might be Andrew Norwell, Telvin Smith or DJ Hayden. Hayden wasnt bad but makes too much. Norwell had way too many lapses and penalties and Telvin inexplicably struggled alot in tackling and coverage last year

Worst - Got rid of Kline so to me it’s Butler

HM Worst - DaQuan Jones - Very average to below average player

Best - Kevin Byard - Best safety in football getting paid a 3rd round salary. Sadly that changes big time probably around TC.

HM Best - Jayon Brown - 5th round pick who was a stud last year and constantly made plays.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Worst - Got rid of Kline so to me it’s Butler

HM Worst - DaQuan Jones - Very average to below average player

Best - Kevin Byard - Best safety in football getting paid a 3rd round salary. Sadly that changes big time probably around TC.

HM Best - Jayon Brown - 5th round pick who was a stud last year and constantly made plays.

Definitely the most underrated safety in football but no way I’m taking a Byard over Eddie Jackson/Jamal Adams/Derwin James

• Like 1

Worst: Not a massive amount, but WR Seth Roberts is making around $4.5 M. He's worth maybe a quarter of that and is likely our #4/5 WR at this point. He sucks and I want him gone yesterday.

Best: Probably Rodney Hudson. Arguably the best Center in the game and is making less than $9M.

Eagles do have some large contracts, but there is none that come across as egregiously bad. Howie is usually pretty good about structuring contracts so that he can get out of them when he wants to without much loss.

IMHO the worst one right now is the guy we just signed, Malik Jackson. Overpaid and even in the last year of his 3 year deal, he'd still have I think 7 Million in dead cap.

worst: Reshad Jones for a  great run support safety with average to below average coverage skills to be that highly paid is just dumb. He'd be perfect if this was the 90's.

best: Kenny Stills, since he joined the team in 2015 he has the 15th most TDs in the NFL, not bad for the 3rd most targeted player on the team.

Edited by john305

For the Colts: 

Best - Easily Andrew Luck. 5 year  $122 mill contract  (6 year $139 mill announced at signing due to 5th year option for 2016). His cap numbers for the remainder of his contract are; 2019/$27.525 mill , 2020/$28.4 mill and 2021/$21 mill. He was the highest paid QB in the league for a month (he’s now 8th) 

Worse - I’d probably go with Funchess’ 1 year $10 mill deal just because the money is a little higher then I’d like. If he plays well enough he could earn another $3 mill in incentives so we’ll see how this holds up.