What happened to Ed Oliver?

JaguarCrazy2832

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, Donald wasn't considered a first round pick when he tore up the Senior Bowl (at least in media circles). It wasn't until the Combine that the media actually considered him a legitimate top 15 lock. Also, going to toot my own horn because I projected Donald to be who he is right now. :P :D

I seem to remember a lot of people on here liking him as a top 5 pick. Including myself, shocked Donald fell that far.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

I seem to remember a lot of people on here liking him as a top 5 pick. Including myself, shocked Donald fell that far.

I just remember him being a fringe 1st round prospect at the start of the process who a few liked (I massively drove his train that year) and he just really ascended from the combine onwards. His stock was definitely at an all time high come draft day, don't remember thinking it was a slide when the Rams picked him. 

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I just remember him being a fringe 1st round prospect at the start of the process who a few liked (I massively drove his train that year) and he just really ascended from the combine onwards. His stock was definitely at an all time high come draft day, don't remember thinking it was a slide when the Rams picked him. 

I remember i watched a couple films and the guy was an easy top 10 pick for me. Then the combine reinforced that.

Another case of teams overthinking it on height/weight.

I have Oliver as my #1a, Williams 1b talent-wise, so I'm on the USS BtC as well. I project Williams to be picked higher because he's been picking up steam, whereas Oliver is old news. 

Allen is my favorite player in the draft due to versatility, though. Only four blue-chips, and Oliver is one of them.

9 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Still an elite defensive prospect

By far. He gets penetration so easily and he CONSTANTLY faced double and triple teams. He could definitely handle most one-on-ones and some double teams at the next level. He's not as strong as Donald, Quinnen Williams is more along those lines as far as a speed-strength-natural leverage body type goes. Oliver is honestly unique.

• Like 1