What happened to Ed Oliver?

JaguarCrazy2832

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like some teams see him as an OLB.

0% chance he plays OLB. He's an interior pass rusher all the way. Could he stand up and play out on the edge? Probably, but you're not using his talents to the best of his ability if you do that. He's an interior disruptor that shoots gaps, gets skinny through double teams, and penetrates upfield. Don't take him out of that role.

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like some teams see him as an OLB.

I guarantee it's an NFC West team. Rams tried that crap with Dominique Easley and the Cardinals tried that crap with Haason Reddick. 

Rams ended up winning without Easley being healthy/effective. 

Cardinals... Meh. They're the Cardinals.

11 hours ago, tyler735 said:

And in less than 24 hours everyone will be back to hyping him up after he puts on a freakish display at his pro day.

Let's all just remember that we were here first, right guys? The USS BleedTheClock-Ed Oliver-hypeship

I don't think I need to tell you guys that I have a bit of a man crush on Geno Atkins.  Ed Oliver is the closest prospect to Geno that I've scouted.  I liked guys like Aaron Donald, Sheldon Richardson, and Grady Jarrett coming out, and besides Donald's film, Oliver's is the best that I've seen.  I'm going to be mad online if he's there at 11, and the Bengals pass on him...

15 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I’m just really skeptical of drafting a 275 lb DT if I’m in the top 5. I understand what he weighed in at but he’s lucky if he’s 270 after camp. 

He was also like 19 to 20 years old when these reports came out about his weight, so I'dbe surprised if he doesn't contine to get bigger as he gets older. We don't know how much validity there is to said reports either. We do know that he weighed 287 Lbs at the combine and was able to pull off an impressive 36 inch vertical at that weight. That tells me he is still very explosive at that weight. More importantly that film though, even if he did weigh in the 270 range, it doesn't change anything for me. The guy is a beast on the field.

29 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

He was also like 19 to 20 years old when these reports came out about his weight, so I'dbe surprised if he doesn't contine to get bigger as he gets older. We don't know how much validity there is to said reports either. We do know that he weighed 287 Lbs at the combine and was able to pull off an impressive 36 inch vertical at that weight. That tells me he is still very explosive at that weight. More importantly that film though, even if he did weigh in the 270 range, it doesn't change anything for me. The guy is a beast on the field.

You say “he was 19-20” which is misleading. It was like 4 months ago. He’s going to have trouble with NFL guards.

28 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

You say “he was 19-20” which is misleading. It was like 4 months ago. He’s going to have trouble with NFL guards.

Considering he was literally 20 years old 4 months ago I'd say that isn't misleading at all. I said 19 to 20 as I was too lazy to look up his actual age, but knew it was 19 or 20. That means he has likely not hit his physical peak yet regardless which was the bigger point at hand.

Archived