What happened to Ed Oliver?

JaguarCrazy2832

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I’m just really skeptical of drafting a 275 lb DT if I’m in the top 5. I understand what he weighed in at but he’s lucky if he’s 270 after camp. 

Aaron Donald played last season between 270 and 280. Now, Donald is an absolute physical freak in terms of his body composition and natural strength, but people are too skittish about guys who clearly break the mold.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Aaron Donald played last season between 270 and 280. Now, Donald is an absolute physical freak in terms of his body composition and natural strength, but people are too skittish about guys who clearly break the mold.

I don’t think he’s gonna be a bust necessarily and I’ve never said as much. Just making a case why he shouldn’t be a top 5 lock.

10 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Please let this happen somehow (chances are close to 0 percent, but I can dream lol). Wouldn't even be mad if we traded a bunch of future early picks for this.

Just hypothetically, how would you structure a trade up from 62 to the top 10?   IIRC there are caps on "how far into the future you can trade picks" (which are more stringent before and during the draft than afterwards).

17 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Just hypothetically, how would you structure a trade up from 62 to the top 10?   IIRC there are caps on "how far into the future you can trade picks" (which are more stringent before and during the draft than afterwards).

Not sure what exactly it would take, but I would imagine our early picks this year, next year would all be gone at the very least lol

I figure Oliver can line up at Mike or Sam (and whatever you call the extra ILB in a 3-4,  it varies) too.  He's basically a perfect football machine.

Feel free to drop him into coverage, he can run with most running backs and tight ends.  Only front 7 positions I wouldn't ever play him at are Will and Nose.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I figure Oliver can line up at Mike or Sam (and whatever you call the extra ILB in a 3-4,  it varies) too.  He's basically a perfect football machine.

Feel free to drop him into coverage, he can run with most running backs and tight ends.  Only front 7 positions I wouldn't ever play him at are Will and Nose.

Like I was saying yesterday, I really like Ed Oliver, but have we seen him in coverage? I know he's fast enough, but so is Anthony Barr, who got torched routinely last year.

Archived