The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So I think the criticism this week spiraled a bit too much out of control. Carr has been a fringe Top 10 QB this season.

Definitely and it's weird to see how some fans react (not talking about this forum though). I've been wondering for sometime now but i guess it can turn into a touchy subject, are the opinions on Carr based solely on football? Yes or no is a good enough answer. 

11 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

it can turn into a touchy subject, are the opinions on Carr based solely on football? Yes or no is a good enough answer. 

No.

Never has been and never will be. He's not at Tebow's level but without a doubt his praise for GOD irks some fans. I'm spiritual, not religious so no dogma to get over for me but I actually like people of faith. Would have been nice to have faith when I was a kid thinking about death on a regular basis. I don't have kids but if I did I'd want them to be raised with some form of 'belief/faith' for those difficult times. As a young adult they can question things and find their own way with my blessings. This isn't the way for many, and some have had horrible experiences attached to faith, so I understand their dislike for those who they feel follow blindly. 

• Like 2

The Carr hate has nothing to do with his religious takes. Ya’ll sound like ESPN right now, gtfo here with that BS. Have you seen this man play the past two weeks and the 2017-2018 seasons? Against KC he is now 0-10 on Sundays with 10 TDs 12 INTs and 60 QB Rating. 

He still has the rest of the year to prove he’s the guy but it’s looking like a stretch at this point. He’ll probably get 2020 but on a very short leash. 

After Fromm disaster play on Saturday, I could see us drafting him in the 3rd Round. Fromm and Peterman will push Carr for the job. Yes, Peterman. He’s not the same dude from the Bills. 

Hell, I’m not even sure Carr makes it through the season. Peterman could start Weeks 16 and 17 if we wanna see what we have. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Carr hate has nothing to do with his religious takes. Ya’ll sound like ESPN right now, gtfo here with that BS. Have you seen this man play the past two weeks and the 2017-2018 seasons? Against KC he is now 0-10 on Sundays with 10 TDs 12 INTs and 60 QB Rating. 

He still has the rest of the year to prove he’s the guy but it’s looking like a stretch at this point. He’ll probably get 2020 but on a very short leash. 

After Fromm disaster play on Saturday, I could see us drafting him in the 3rd Round. Fromm and Peterman will push Carr for the job. Yes, Peterman. He’s not the same dude from the Bills. 

Hell, I’m not even sure Carr makes it through the season. Peterman could start Weeks 16 and 17 if we wanna see what we have. 

If we're on pace for a top 10 pick now, why not pick a QBOTF if this is the route we're going?

We have 2 1st round picks, if you want a QB you get the one you want not hope to catch a guy falling in the 3rd round. If Carr isn't the answer, I don't see Peterman or a 3rd round pick being the difference IMO. 

By going this route, you're willing to give Carr another year and I'd rather either keep building around him or get rid of him completely not half *** it.

Just now, #1RAIDER FAN said:

If we're on pace for a top 10 pick now, why not pick a QBOTF if this is the route we're going?

We have 2 1st round picks, if you want a QB you get the one you want not hope to catch a guy falling in the 3rd round. If Carr isn't the answer, I don't see Peterman or a 3rd round pick being the difference IMO. 

By going this route, you're willing to give Carr another year and I'd rather either keep building around him or get rid of him completely not half *** it.

Unless Tua declares, who we gonna take in the 1st? I hate Herbert. Plus Denver probably takes Herbert ahead of us anyways.

#LoseforLawrence 2020 campaign?

Just now, BayRaider said:

Unless Tua declares, who we gonna take in the 1st? I hate Herbert. Plus Denver probably takes Herbert ahead of us anyways.

#LoseforLawrence 2020 campaign?

I don't follow enough scouting/college football to say, just speaking more to philosophy.

If there isn't a QB even close to worth a 1st, then yeah, trade back pick up a 1st for 2021 and draft defense this year. 

Don't know about drafting a QB in the 3rd just to replace him in 2021 when this team has so many holes all over. This being if the team really thinks Carr is not the answer, then I think you go all in replacing him. QB is that important. 

Just now, #1RAIDER FAN said:

I don't follow enough scouting/college football to say, just speaking more to philosophy.

If there isn't a QB even close to worth a 1st, then yeah, trade back pick up a 1st for 2021 and draft defense this year. 

Don't know about drafting a QB in the 3rd just to replace him in 2021 when this team has so many holes all over. This being if the team really thinks Carr is not the answer, then I think you go all in replacing him. QB is that important. 

Backup QB is an extremely important position that is worth a 3rd anyways though. 

2 hours ago, G said:

No.

Never has been and never will be. He's not at Tebow's level but without a doubt his praise for GOD irks some fans. I'm spiritual, not religious so no dogma to get over for me but I actually like people of faith. Would have been nice to have faith when I was a kid thinking about death on a regular basis. I don't have kids but if I did I'd want them to be raised with some form of 'belief/faith' for those difficult times. As a young adult they can question things and find their own way with my blessings. This isn't the way for many, and some have had horrible experiences attached to faith, so I understand their dislike for those who they feel follow blindly. 

Not only that certain Swab of the nation  think he’s a member of a certain political party il leave it at that