The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

This franchise is the opposite of the Lakers. Lakers continue to build championship teams we haven’t won since the 80s. Of course we finally get a good QB and we want to run him out of town. We haven’t had good WRs since 2016, change the playbook, and always have a disadvantage with a joke defense. Yes it’s all Derek Carr fault.  I already know what’s going happen, Carr be let go and go on to have a stellar 10 year run changing a new franchise for the better. Meanwhile we get a new QB and wonder why he isn’t putting up 35 a game. Same ole cycle , this franchise has a history of struggling at QB which is why DC holds, a lot of records. Can’t air it out when no one is getting separation. They want DC to still throw it and get 5ints a game, then Gruden bench him. It’s a bad situation 

1 hour ago, true2form said:

So if he was playing with the passion that Tannehill is you'd be ok with him?  The reckless abandon of a guy knowing he has to play that way or he's a backup forever.  Can't worry about the next play or getting injured just sling it.

Honestly, I wish Carr would just let it loose one of these last few games just so we can all see the results. He would need to go in to the game saying, who cares how many turnovers I have today, just gonna let it rip.

It sounds great in theory, but I highly doubt Gruden wants Carr to play that way.

There is balance man. Pick your spots. Nobody is saying go out there and play reckless as you are describing. Just play with a little more moxie. Don't play scared and hesitant. Don't play "not to lose" football. 

I'm sure Gruden wants Carr to protect the ball, but he's taken that to the extreme. He's so safe and conservative it's disgusting. When he does let it loose, he's looked great. Scripted first quarter drives where he plays confident, looks great. Down one score (because you blew the lead playing safe) he looks great. 19 4th quarter comebacks doesn't happen by accident. It's when he plays with a nothing to lose mentality and isn't afraid to die trying that he's shined. 

It's the 3rd and 10's, you know he's throwing it short of the sticks and we're punting. It's like an automatic that he's just going to give up on the drive. I've not seen a more feckless approach when down 2+ scores than Derek Carr out there. Just winding down the clock with no sense of urgency.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I’m about done with Carr but I’m not going to ditch him unless there is a viable replacement. People are citing tanehill which is fine but when the titans signed him they still had Mariota under contract. I don’t think that the Raiders can get a QB this year unless they love Borrow and trade the farm for him. I think Miami is all in on Tua and they’re going to take him no matter what. And there isn’t a first round QB otherwise. 

As for veterans

Mariota or Winston would be good choices. 

The panthers have said that they won’t let Cam go for anything less than a Kings ransom. 

I honestly can’t think of anyone else who could legitimately take Carrs job. 

I can relate but I believe Raider fans have some sort of PTSD regarding QBs.

We went from a history of a team who had some legitimate gaps of having a competent QB play. 

But this doesn't mean we have to stay with an average QB because we think we can't find a better one? How do we know? We're just guessing at this point.

Carr literally gave up on that play.  If you give up at least throw it in the field of play to give your team a chance. It looked like Carr tried saving his QB rating. Some of you don't understand what that can do to a professional locker room. 

That "C" on jersey means a lot more inside the lockeroom. Comes with responsibilities. Giving up on plays is forbidden. Coaches and management can lose the lockeroom on this. Happens a lot in the NFL.

48 minutes ago, Geezy said:

had a rough 2017 dealing with injuries, and had very little to work with in '18, has made strides in Gruden's offense in '19.

Last season: 4,049 yards (69% Comp), 19 TD, 10 INT

This season (Projected): 3,823 (70% Comp), 22 TD, 10 INT

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers haven't had a winning season since like 2012. 

Kobe- Shaq days 

Kobe - Gasol days 

Lebron - AD days 

greatness and titles I seen. Lebron on the court with no shoes in Utah lol. But back to the raiders, we are the opposite. Always blow so many chances and make it seem so hard to win 

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

He took a team to the playoffs with Jack Del Rio, and an OK defense, for those that say he needs everything perfect around him.

Worth noting here... That 2016 season was a complete fluke. They played a 3rd place schedule. It was soft. AFC South was WAY down (outside the Falcons). They got their clock cleaned twice by KC. They had some fluky wins that year against bad teams in comeback fashion. Forced a lot of turnovers. They were not a very strong team.

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Carr literally gave up on that play.  If you give up at least throw it in the field of play to give your team a chance. It looked like Carr tried saving his QB rating. Some of you don't understand what that can do to a professional locker room. 

On the Athletic's post-game podcast they said when Gruden and Mayock are evaluating him this offseason, that's very likely going to be one of the plays that they discuss. And that those types of plays are just programmed into Carr and who he is as a quarterback. He's not someone that's going to be a gunslinger, a playmaker, or take chances down field. He's an ultra-conservative player that plays within the offense and looks to check down immediately if his look isn't there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Worth noting here... That 2016 season was a complete fluke. They played a 3rd place schedule. It was soft. AFC South was WAY down (outside the Falcons). They got their clock cleaned twice by KC. They had some fluky wins that year against bad teams in comeback fashion. Forced a lot of turnovers. They were not a very strong team.

I believe coming into this year Carr was 4-25 against playoff teams. Assuming that the playoff picture remains the same that record will be 4-30 at the end of this season. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What is the issue then? Our elite running game, elite offensive line, and above-average weapons in the passing game? 

Above average weapons in the passing game.... Name our above weapons in the passing game besides Waller?   Williams is an average numebr 2 who is forced into the #1 becuase our WR's are so bad.  Everyone else is below average or unproven.  SMH   

Dude you're beyond clueless and who ever said Carr was a better QB than Mahomes?  

The D yesterday gave up over 500 passing yards and had zero sacks.  You want to blame it on Carr?  WOW  LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

@OG_C2X @Frankie2Gunz and Mr Raider Town have all said that he's an elite top 5 QB who's better than Mahomes. 

Show me where I have said this?  You can't bc I never have.... 

Making things up so you appear to be to have an ounce of advantage over me.  Dude you don't understand football, just accept the facts.  

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Above average weapons in the passing game.... Name our above weapons in the passing game besides Waller?   Williams is an average numebr 2 who is forced into the #1 becuase our WR's are so bad.  Everyone else is below average or unproven.  SMH   

Dude you're beyond clueless and who ever said Carr was a better QB than Mahomes?  

The D yesterday gave up over 500 passing yards and had zero sacks.  You want to blame it on Carr?  WOW  LOL

Carr had a top 5 wr in cooper and ignored him also...

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Williams, Jones, and Renfrow is an above-average trio. Is it great? No. But with those 3, our TE group, Jacobs, and our OL, Carr has more than enough around him. 

@OG_C2X has regularly said that Carr is better than Mahomes. 

Carr has played like a weenie the last 3 weeks. Which he does every time we have anything on the line. 

• Like 1