The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Show me where I have said this?  You can't bc I never have.... 

Making things up so you appear to be to have an ounce of advantage over me.  Dude you don't understand football, just accept the facts.  

It's hard to accept but you must, Carr is not the answer at QB here. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Williams, Jones, and Renfrow is an above-average trio. Is it great? No. But with those 3, our TE group, Jacobs, and our OL, Carr has more than enough around him. 

@OG_C2X has regularly said that Carr is better than Mahomes. 

Carr has played like a weenie the last 3 weeks. Which he does every time we have anything on the line. 

Did you watch the Rams game last night?  How did Wilson look playing from behind for most of the 2nd half? 

Horrible and Carr has to deal with that every single week.  If you dont think playing with one of the worst D's in football affects the game plan and Carr I don't know what to tell you.  

Jones is above average LOL Based on what?  Not facts.  Dude you're such a homer it isn't funny.  What makes Renfrow above average, the guy has played 10 games?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Did you watch the Rams game last night?  How did Wilson look playing from behind for most of the 2nd half? 

Horrible and Carr has to deal with that every single week.  If you dont think playing with one of the worst D's in football affects the game plan and Carr I don't know what to tell you.  

Jones is above average LOL Based on what?  Not facts.  Dude you're such a homer it isn't funny.  What makes Renfrow above average, the guy has played 10 games?  

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Above average weapons in the passing game.... Name our above weapons in the passing game besides Waller?   Williams is an average numebr 2 who is forced into the #1 becuase our WR's are so bad.  Everyone else is below average or unproven.  SMH   

Dude you're beyond clueless and who ever said Carr was a better QB than Mahomes?  

The D yesterday gave up over 500 passing yards and had zero sacks.  You want to blame it on Carr?  WOW  LOL

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Name the building block QB's you rather have over Carr?

Dak Prescott

Jared Goff

Kyler Murray

Deshaun Watson

Russell Wilson 

Patrick Mahomes

Jimmy Garoppolo 

Baker Mayfield

Carson Wentz 

Lamar Jackson 

Jacoby Brissett

Sam Darnold 

Kirk Cousins

Josh Allen

Daniel Jones

Jameis Winston 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Dak Prescott

Jared Goff

Kyler Murray

Deshaun Watson

Russell Wilson 

Patrick Mahomes

Jimmy Garoppolo 

Baker Mayfield

Carson Wentz 

Lamar Jackson 

Jacoby Brissett

Sam Darnold 

Kirk Cousins

Josh Allen

Daniel Jones

Jameis Winston 

WOW...  Unbelievable,  why do you even watch football or understand what you're watching? 

I don't even know what to say about some of the names on here....   

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

WOW...  Unbelievable,  why do you even watch football or understand what you're watching? 

I'd take any of those guys going into next season over Derek Carr. Would probably also take Tannehill or Mariota too. Plus Burrow or Tu'a as well. Carr isn't very good, unless you like check-downs and throwing the ball away on 4th and 1 down by 21 points. 

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What's so wrong with the list? I rather have most of the  names on there over Carr. A number are iffy but it's not a horrible list imo.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dak Prescott

Jared Goff

Kyler Murray

Deshaun Watson

Russell Wilson 

Patrick Mahomes

Jimmy Garoppolo 

Baker Mayfield

Carson Wentz 

Lamar Jackson 

Jacoby Brissett

Sam Darnold 

Kirk Cousins

Josh Allen

Daniel Jones

Jameis Winston 

The bold I would take over Carr in a heart beat. The italicized is a little more difficult but still would. The underlined I'm undecided.

Edit: At the end of the day, we know what we have in Carr and it's not much to be optimistic about.

Edited by RaidersAreOne

Carr has been mediocre, I'll admit that, but I still think some people are overreacting with how bad he is.  I won't dive deeper into the issue, pretty sure M. Mayock and J. Gruden aren't paying much attention to our input on this forum anyway.  Now that I'm done being serious, I will now provide my list of QBs I would rather have at WR, DE, and LB, as well as every other position:

L. Jackson

R. Wilson

D. Watson

P. Mahomes

and many, many more.

DC plays one position, its the ultimate team game.  If we are going to bash him, we might as well bash everyone that played bad, which is the entire defense and some of the offensive players.

One last serious statement, I didn't watch the entire game, I expected we would lose.  I didn't want it to ruin my Sunday.  D. Waller fumbled the ball when no one was on him.  That isn't DC's fault.  I'm tired of seeing mediocre play across the board and only one player getting completely destroyed on this forum. Alright, I'm going to go stare at mock drafts and try to rally myself for the rest of the week and season.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

There is balance man. Pick your spots. Nobody is saying go out there and play reckless as you are describing.

And that's where we will have to disagree.  Everyone is falling hard for these young QBs and that's exactly how they play.  Everybody wants the next backyard QB to be our starter and it's clear as day.

If we happen to fall into one, I have no problem with that.  I just want to win.  Everything that I've seen in my 30+ years as a fan says you build the team and replace the QB if he's still not getting the job done.  Anyone who says otherwise is doomed to failure.  It's happened time and time again.  

I can't think of many (if any) QBs that have recently been drafted to a crappy team and turned them into a playoff, let alone Super Bowl contender. Everyone always talks about the "elite" guys, but all of them come into a good, if not great situation.

Tom Brady - inherited a team that had been to the playoffs 3 of the 5 previous seasons including a Super Bowl.

Aaron Rodgers - 5 of 7 playoff seasons before him

Chiefs were division winners before Mahomes.  Ravens perennial playoff team before Jackson.  Texans multiple division titles before Watson. Steelers were in the playoffs for years before Big Ben.  

These are the teams that are competing for playoffs and championships year in and out.  Why go against the grain?