The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

DC plays one position, its the ultimate team game.

Quarterback is clearly the most important and most impactful position on the field though. As we've seen teams like KC and Baltimore make huge leaps when moving on from an average quarterback to a really good one. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

This franchise is the opposite of the Lakers. Lakers continue to build championship teams we haven’t won since the 80s. Of course we finally get a good QB and we want to run him out of town. We haven’t had good WRs since 2016, change the playbook, and always have a disadvantage with a joke defense. Yes it’s all Derek Carr fault.  I already know what’s going happen, Carr be let go and go on to have a stellar 10 year run changing a new franchise for the better. Meanwhile we get a new QB and wonder why he isn’t putting up 35 a game. Same ole cycle , this franchise has a history of struggling at QB which is why DC holds, a lot of records. Can’t air it out when no one is getting separation. They want DC to still throw it and get 5ints a game, then Gruden bench him. It’s a bad situation 

None of this will happen because he just an average QB who can't see the field unless things are wide open.

51 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Tell me you're kidding.  

A good D and a great run game will fool most homers into thinking trash is gold LOL 

With that mentality dont ever trade stocks!

I actually liked tanny as a prospect more than I did carr fwiw.

Btw I’m not talking about 15’&16’ I’m talking about 12/9/19. Right now tanny is better than carr imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaiderX said:

Replace one guy who doesnt throw down the field for another?

Mariota will only use his feet more than Carr. 

There won't be a sure thing available. Draft pick could bust, any vet would be available for a reason. Mariota's mobility would be the attracting factor for Gruden.

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

35 points...

Our offense for the 3rd week in a row scored a td for the other team.

iirc the 3rd week in a row offense got shut out 2nd half

oh my bad 35 points, and 552 total yards, 391 pass yards, 161 rush yards and gave up 9.4 yards per play.

Stupid Carr on 4th down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Did you watch the Rams game last night?  How did Wilson look playing from behind for most of the 2nd half? 

Horrible and Carr has to deal with that every single week.  If you dont think playing with one of the worst D's in football affects the game plan and Carr I don't know what to tell you.  

Carr has had one good season in the NFL and you're anointing him as an elite building block. He didn't improve at all between years 1 and 2 in Gruden's system with more talent around him, a better OL, and a way better running game. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr has had one good season in the NFL and you're anointing him as an elite building block. He didn't improve at all between years 1 and 2 in Gruden's system with more talent around him, a better OL, and a way better running game. 

What are you talking about?  You spew nonsense.  

1 QB in NFL history had more TD passes than Carr during his first 2 seasons.  Dan Marino.  Then he had an MVP caliber season in 2016 until he broke his leg.  

Quit spewing garbage and read something...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I actually liked tanny as a prospect more than I did carr fwiw.

Btw I’m not talking about 15’&16’ I’m talking about 12/9/19. Right now tanny is better than carr imo.

That's like saying StitchFix is a better company than AAPL.  Stitchfix is up 10 percent today and AAPL is down 1.4 percent...  

Tahhyhill is castoff trash garbage and has been his whole career.  He lands in a situation where he doesn't have to do much bc he has a top D and running game and you clueless fans think he's a good QB. 

Aren't you the homer who wanted Carr traded or cut last season so we could sign Foles LOL  Get a clue...

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What are you talking about?  You spew nonsense.  

1 QB in NFL history had more TD passes than Carr during his first 2 seasons.  Dan Marino.  Then he had an MVP caliber season in 2016 until he broke his leg.  

Quit spewing garbage and read something...

You're having to reference the 2014-2016 seasons to make Carr look good. He has been trash the last 3 years and has played like a wimp since he broke his leg. 

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That's like saying StitchFix is a better company than AAPL.  Stitchfix is up 10 percent today and AAPL is down 1.4 percent...  

Tahhyhill is castoff trash garbage and has been his whole career.  He lands in a situation where he doesn't have to do much bc he has a top D and running game and you clueless fans think he's a good QB. 

Aren't you the homer who wanted Carr traded or cut last season so we could sign Foles LOL  Get a clue...

Tannehill is a good QB, had some bad luck in MIA but the guy can play. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You're having to reference the 2014-2016 seasons to make Carr look good. He has been trash the last 3 years and has played like a wimp since he broke his leg. 

Carr's not having a bad '19 imo, he was making some very nice plays and delivering the ball in big moments yesterday, before the game got out of hand. 

too many guys on here exaggerate the truth to push their point. not speaking on you, but in general. 

• Like 1

Just now, Geezy said:

Carr's not having a bad '19 imo, he was making some very nice plays and delivering the ball in big moments yesterday, before the game got out of hand. 

too many guys on here exaggerate the truth to push their point. not speaking on you, but in general. 

He has been okay this year but he has folded down the stretch when we needed him to elevate his play. His numbers are virtually identical to what he put up last season.