The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Imagine if we had a defense who actually took the ball away. If the offense started on the opposing teams field could really enhance Carr stats. But no, our defense sets records for lack of turnovers lol

If we can create turnovers on the five yard line then he can dink and dunk it for TD's

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That's like saying StitchFix is a better company than AAPL.  Stitchfix is up 10 percent today and AAPL is down 1.4 percent...  

Tahhyhill is castoff trash garbage and has been his whole career.  He lands in a situation where he doesn't have to do much bc he has a top D and running game and you clueless fans think he's a good QB. 

Aren't you the homer who wanted Carr traded or cut last season so we could sign Foles LOL  Get a clue...

Foles?

naw lol wrong one

i wanted to draft a qb 

comparing Carr to apple stock lol really wow

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

47 minutes ago, true2form said:

And that's where we will have to disagree.  Everyone is falling hard for these young QBs and that's exactly how they play.  Everybody wants the next backyard QB to be our starter and it's clear as day.

If we happen to fall into one, I have no problem with that.  I just want to win.  Everything that I've seen in my 30+ years as a fan says you build the team and replace the QB if he's still not getting the job done.  Anyone who says otherwise is doomed to failure.  It's happened time and time again.  

I can't think of many (if any) QBs that have recently been drafted to a crappy team and turned them into a playoff, let alone Super Bowl contender. Everyone always talks about the "elite" guys, but all of them come into a good, if not great situation.

Tom Brady - inherited a team that had been to the playoffs 3 of the 5 previous seasons including a Super Bowl.

Aaron Rodgers - 5 of 7 playoff seasons before him

Chiefs were division winners before Mahomes.  Ravens perennial playoff team before Jackson.  Texans multiple division titles before Watson. Steelers were in the playoffs for years before Big Ben.  

These are the teams that are competing for playoffs and championships year in and out.  Why go against the grain?

Pittsburgh on their 3rd QB, 3rd RB top WR hurt.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Quarterback is clearly the most important and most impactful position on the field though. As we've seen teams like KC and Baltimore make huge leaps when moving on from an average quarterback to a really good one. 

Well hopefully the Raiders make a move to draft the next L. Jackson/P. Mahomes.

10 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

If we can create turnovers on the five yard line then he can dink and dunk it for TD's

Or our dt ( that many say is disappointing) gets a int and sets the offense up in redzone so our backup rb can run it in for a td. Naw that would never happen one can dream tho

• Like 1

Not to mention that the defense got two stops to start the second half while the game was still tied. One of which set us up will prime field position. Came away with nothing, twice. Carr had Zay Jones wide open for a first down and walked into a sack instead. You can only trot your defense out there over and over again so many times until they start giving up points.

• Like 4

Just now, NJ Raider said:

Not to mention that the defense got two stops to start the second half while the game was still tied. One of which set us up will prime field position. Came away with nothing, twice. Carr had Zay Jones wide open for a first down and walked into a sack instead. You can only trot your defense out there over and over again so many times until they start giving up points.

I don’t know why people don’t understand this.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

really? two whole stops? cant win shootouts with water guns

im not making excuses for Carr, im sure hed say he needs to be better. i just dont like how he gets hammered for everything. We gave up 42 points and 552 yards on defense, and the topic of conversation is Carr, i dont get it. My whole thing is to solidify the roster, and being that i dont think Carr is our biggest problem, i dont think he should be the first one replaced, especially since i dont see any options that 1. wont cost us a gang of picks by trading up 2. elevate this team into contention. If we do bring in a QB, by trading up, chances are our defense will still be garbage, unless we nail FA(which has proven to be a crap shoot). Were not a QB away. And i think wed be a lot closer if built up the defense and gave Carr a couple more weapons. We have a ton of assets to build the team up, and if we are successful in doing so, by having a similar offseason to the one we just had, wed be in a much better position. If Carr shows he isnt the man, which the majority of yall dont, then were all in for a QB in 2021, with a roster that is suitable for a QB, and would allow a rookie to be able to lean on the talent around him and grow within the offense. Im all for even drafting a QB in the middle rounds of the 2020 draft and developing him. If Carr plays better with a better supporting cast then, we drafted a backup QB in the 3rd and would give us insurance at the position. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Geezy said:

really? two whole stops? cant win shootouts with water guns

Carr= water gun

did you see the sf vs no game? 

two 2nd half stops vs a playoff team who’ve beat playoff teams goes a long way. Imagine if we scored on those 2 stops? Or even scored once in the 2nd half.

Sorry we don’t have the 85 bears defense