The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

2015 and 16 have people acting like Carr is irreplaceable. He had the same supporting cast with an upgrade at running back and tight end, but got significantly worse. 

Brady, Winston, Mariota, and Fitz are stop gaps but Carr only has two years left on his deal. If we surround him with talent next year and the inconsistent play continues, do you really think he will be extended after 2021? Isn't he basically a two year stop gap. People say he will get better with weapons but I'm highly skeptical.

They can do a great deal in building the roster with an extra twenty mil. Could add a more competent wideout and some defensive pieces.

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don't understand how you can basically call Carr is trash but value him with a 2nd round pick at the same time? How does that work?

Carr is close to Alex Smith level and with a coach like Reid or Kyle would still be pretty decent. Alex Smith went for the 1st pick in the 2nd Round. I think we can get a Mid-Late 2nd for Carr. Pats will probably be in the hunt for a QB. So will the Bears, Bucs, Panthers, and Colts. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Yes let’s judge a QB when he has no WRS, on a young rebuilding team, no defense .. makes sense to dump Carr. Clowns 🤡 

Injuries happen but QBs need to be able to adjust.  Carr does not.  Blaming everyone else gets old.  I am not saying he is horrible or that it he is easy to replace.  I do not believe we will ever be a top team with him and he will not take a team to the Super Bowl and win it.

• Like 2

This franchise hasn’t had a decent QB since Gannon before Carr was drafted. We finally have a decent one and people want to run him out of town. That’s why we are a joke to everyone else fanbase, we are known all those years before Carr as the team without a solid QB. Go back to the Aaron Brooks , Kerry Collins they didn’t play scary 🤡 s.  Carr just suppose to air it out so he can throw 5 picks a game and get benched. It’s a lose / lose 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

2015 and 16 have people acting like Carr is irreplaceable. He had the same supporting cast with an upgrade at running back and tight end, but got significantly worse. 

Brady, Winston, Mariota, and Fitz are stop gaps but Carr only has two years left on his deal. If we surround him with talent next year and the inconsistent play continues, do you really think he will be extended after 2021? Isn't he basically a two year stop gap. People say he will get better with weapons but I'm highly skeptical.

They can do a great deal in building the roster with an extra twenty mil. Could add a more competent wideout and some defensive pieces.

A big portion of that 20mil would be going to a new QB, unless we use draft capital to move up. I just don’t think it’d be wise to trade the farm for any of this years QBs outside of Burrow. 

53 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Injuries happen but QBs need to be able to adjust.  Carr does not.  Blaming everyone else gets old.  I am not saying he is horrible or that it he is easy to replace.  I do not believe we will ever be a top team with him and he will not take a team to the Super Bowl and win it.

We were a top team in 2016 before he got hurt 

46 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

This franchise hasn’t had a decent QB since Gannon before Carr was drafted. We finally have a decent one and people want to run him out of town. That’s why we are a joke to everyone else fanbase, we are known all those years before Carr as the team without a solid QB. Go back to the Aaron Brooks , Kerry Collins they didn’t play scary 🤡 s.  Carr just suppose to air it out so he can throw 5 picks a game and get benched. It’s a lose / lose 

Thats my problem, I’m not opposed to getting rid of Carr, or any position. We should always look to upgrade every position, every year.The thing is there is real no plan or guarantee that we would upgrade the position. It’s all “well we’d have to see how it shakes out”. I’m not interested in a Jameis Winston type, that’s a move just to make a move. Kirk Cousins is the best QB that’s hit the market in how long? And he got a ridiculous contract and isn’t much/if at all better than Carr. We got a QB that’s played at a high level with a talented offense, and guys act like that’s a bad thing, he didn’t hold that talented offense back, he excelled. Why not put him in a position to succeed? ThE QB business is expensive, why not max out what we have before throwing it all out, and hope things work out? This draft is gonna be loaded with weapons on offense. Why not stock the offense with talent first, as opposed to settling for a mediocre vet QB or a super expensive drafted QB. There’s no solid plan in place by anyone on this forum to replace Carr with a superior QB, but they want to make a change at QB for the sake of change, and as soon as it doesn’t work out, Gruden is out of touch, Mayock is a puppet, same ol Raiders! 

• Like 3

Just now, Geezy said:

We were a top team in 2016 before he got hurt 

We were a good team with a better record.  Everyone likes to point out that Carr was the reason and although he was a big part the turnover differential played a bigger role.  we also barely won most of our games with Carr repeatedly scoring too quickly and leaving the door open for for the other team to win.  Our defense had to close out many of those games because Carr still had horrible clock management.  Carr was also a different player that year and to justify keeping him by trying to recapture that is nonsense when he has shown that is not him anymore.  Can he get us to the playoffs? Yes.  Is he still this that gunslinger that is clutch when you need a score?  Not even close.  Can Carr win a Super Bowl with our team? No.  Can he win it with an all time great defense?  Yes.  Sorry but that is not the QB I want.  I have gone back and forth on Carr but he has fallen back into some bad habits and is proving once again he can not put the team on his back or understand situational football.

TO Differential

2014  -15  (3 Wins)

2015  -1 (5 Wins)

2016  +16 (12 Wins)

2017 -14 (6 Wins)

2018 -7 (4 Wins)

2019 -2 (6 Wins so far and we are -4 the past 3 games)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We were a good team with a better record.  Everyone likes to point out that Carr was the reason and although he was a big part the turnover differential played a bigger role.  we also barely won most of our games with Carr repeatedly scoring too quickly and leaving the door open for for the other team to win.  Our defense had to close out many of those games because Carr still had horrible clock management.  Carr was also a different player that year and to justify keeping him by trying to recapture that is nonsense when he has shown that is not him anymore.  Can he get us to the playoffs? Yes.  Is he still this that gunslinger that is clutch when you need a score?  Not even close.  Can Carr win a Super Bowl with our team? No.  Can he win it with an all time great defense?  Yes.  Sorry but that is not the QB I want.  I have gone back and forth on Carr but he has fallen back into some bad habits and is proving once again he can not put the team on his back or understand situational football.

TO Differential

2014  -15  (3 Wins)

2015  -1 (5 Wins)

2016  +16 (12 Wins)

2017 -14 (6 Wins)

2018 -7 (4 Wins)

2019 -2 (6 Wins so far and we are -4 the past 3 games)

Yea, good teams win the turnover battle.

Carr’s probably not a QB, to put a team on his back. He’s not Rodgers or Wilson, but there’s literally 3-4 guys in the league like that. We went what 12 years between Gannon to Carr? Andrew Walter, Marques Tuiasosoppo, Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, Jamarcus Russell etc..We can do a lot worse at QB. If you want to make a move at QB, ok, I get it. But, what’s the plan? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

All QBs right now in the 13-25 range are “decent” QBs. Really not hard to find a “decent” one which Carr is. Although, the lower end of decent. Just because Al Davis is a stubborn moron shouldn’t impair your decision to move on. That’s a scared type of mindset. Just like Carr has. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yes let’s judge a QB when he has no WRS, on a young rebuilding team, no defense .. makes sense to dump Carr. Clowns 🤡 

Going to call people clows for disagreeing with you? You must be fun at parties... Regardless, you're just a Fresno homer, so your opinion is basically meaningless in this argument. 

And you're also ignoring Carr has arguably the best Oline in the league. A soon to be probowl TE and RB. But you know, let's just blame the WRs who are not as bad as some try to paint them to be and that's been proven.

• Like 2