The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Derek Carr playing terribly the next two weeks would be the best thing for your franchise. What you don't want is him putting up phantom numbers that ultimately saves him his job, lulling the coaching staff, and then some fans back into his good graces. He's gotta go. 

Stfu. Your team lost today, gtfo 

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Derek Carr playing terribly the next two weeks would be the best thing for your franchise. What you don't want is him putting up phantom numbers that ultimately saves him his job, lulling the coaching staff, and then some fans back into his good graces. He's gotta go. 

Ignore Humble Beast, he’s our humble clown. 

So I was only able to watch what redzone showed. I know we got smashed in the second half but as with last week, it seemed like they were still moving the ball. Can you blame playcalling and adjustments when you are moving the ball and receivers are open? Seems like there were a lot of drops, which you can't put on Carr, but you can blame him for taking sacks in field goal range, missing a would be td, etc. Gruden did make some questionable decisions such as the punt on fourth and one, but was the overall playcalling and design that bad? It's easy to say that when you don't score points, but when your receivers are dropping passes, your qb is locking onto it's first read, and your oline is getting smashed, what are you supposed to do?

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Well Carr was unstoppable in 2016, so should we just focus on the past or present? You tell me bro. 

His leg got stopped that year and has been regressing each year after. Employee evaluation will have Mayock and Gruden looking for a better solution for the long run

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

For the blame the WR crowd.... Carson Wentz in back to back weeks with no WRs due to injuries leads them to a win. Put up 266 and 3 TDs yesterday with his leading WR being Greg Ward Jr. 

Tired of blaming the WRs. You're either a winner or you're not.

Wentz is a fantastic QB but i doubt you’re going to get a Wentz in FA and where the Raiders are picking they probably won’t be able to get either Burrows or Tua the only franchise guys in this class in my opinion. 

I've defended Carr for the most part but that's it for me. That throw out of bounds on the last drive goes back to the same issue he had with the fumbles out of the end zone, he doesn't play smart. That's not gonna change at this point in his career.

• Like 4