The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

On 12/27/2019 at 1:32 AM, BayRaider said:

Rivers is averaging 8 YPA, more than Carr, and has always been a much smarter QB than Carr. Only thing you can knock Rivers on is INT's which is more of a coaching/OL issue.

Rivers with our OL would slice and dice. Guaranteed.

Last year it was Foles and Fitztrash and now it's old man, noodle arm Rivers.  You guys are too much LOL

We are on the brink of a playoff birth with one of the worst overall rosters in the NFL, no depth at all and your take is to replace Carr?  Why bc you guys cherry pick a film of him fumbling at the goal line to fit your ridiculous narrative Hahaha classic homerism...

Anyone who really understands football knows Carr is the furthest thing from our problem.  Carr will be our QB next season in Vegas and that is a fact.... 

Do you really think Mayock is stupid enough to replace Carr with a 40 year old washed up, immobile, pick machine QB in Rivers?  I hope you are joking but sadly I think you're serious.  

• Like 1

I'd rather bring in Winston instead of Rivers if we are kicking the tires on starters. If he cuts down his Interceptions he could be a top NFL QB. Still I want to see the QB market is before having a plan. Andrew Luck could be in that market who knows. All it takes is one domino to fall or one owner to want to not pay someone. Backups I'd like to see what it would take to get Mullens out of SF

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I'd rather bring in Winston instead of Rivers if we are kicking the tires on starters. If he cuts down his Interceptions he could be a top NFL QB. Still I want to see the QB market is before having a plan. Andrew Luck could be in that market who knows. All it takes is one domino to fall or one owner to want to not pay someone. Backups I'd like to see what it would take to get Mullens out of SF

Winston would throw a lot of INTs regardless of what offense he is playing in, but I think he would be less turnover prone in Gruden's offense. Handing off to Jacobs and throwing less high risk high reward patterns would do him some good. Replacing Carr with him would be risky though. 

If Andrew Luck came out of retirement to play for the Raiders, it would damage his reputation. People would assume that he got tired of playing for the Colts. 

15 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You could also say if Carr looked downfield more he’d be a top QB. Easier said than done. Lots of people say Carr is what he is, but will make exceptions for other QBs like Winston.

1 hour ago, Steins Gate said:

Winston would throw a lot of INTs regardless of what offense he is playing in, but I think he would be less turnover prone in Gruden's offense. Handing off to Jacobs and throwing less high risk high reward patterns would do him some good. Replacing Carr with him would be risky though. 

If Andrew Luck came out of retirement to play for the Raiders, it would damage his reputation. People would assume that he got tired of playing for the Colts. 

I don't think going to another team would tarnish his reputation or would he even care.

What would tarnish his rep if he joined his Dad's commissioned league the XFL

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

You could also say if Carr looked downfield more he’d be a top QB. Easier said than done. Lots of people say Carr is what he is, but will make exceptions for other QBs like Winston.

Nobody is making exceptions for Winston. He's a turnover machine but he still puts the ball in the end zone.

The difference with Carr is that he's on our team and we have seen his record/results. We have been hoping Carr looks downfield more for 3+ seasons. At a certain point, how could you keep putting the same guy out there with middling results.

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Honestly just reading this post makes me so glad posters are not the GM of the team. No one in their right mind would want Winston over Carr. Good luck winning a postseason game when you throw a pick 6 on the first pass.

And take Nick Mullens out of Kyle Shannahan's system and see how he does. LOLOL this thread becomes more of a comedy every day.

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Honestly just reading this post makes me so glad posters are not the GM of the team. No one in their right mind would want Winston over Carr. Good luck winning a postseason game when you throw a pick 6 on the first pass.

And take Nick Mullens out of Kyle Shannahan's system and see how he does. LOLOL this thread becomes more of a comedy every day.

Reading your posts makes me think you're Darren Carr. Anyone mentioned that is not Derek Carr is automatically trashed on. Every excuse in the book has been given for Carr. Tough to take you seriously

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Reading your posts makes me think you're Darren Carr. Anyone mentioned that is not Derek Carr is automatically trashed on. Every excuse in the book has been given for Carr. Tough to take you seriously

It's because all the players you mentioned are garbage. If Ryan Tanehill was a free agent, I would be fine if someone wanted him over Carr. He has played very well. If we were picking 4 and Joe Burrow was there, I would also be fine with that because I like Joe Burrow as a prospect.

But I'm Darren Carr because I don't want Jameis Winston, Nick Mullens, or Phillip Rivers?

Cute ad hominem. I know I hit a soft spot.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The same Mullens that outshined Carr BAD last season in the battle of the Bay.

If Glennon and Peterman made our roster, I don't see an issue bringing in Mullens to compete for the job.

Carr is better than Mullens. That’s clear as day, but if you brought in Mullens to compete then sure. That’s fine. I just think it’s a waste of resources since he has more value to SF than to us. They’d probably want a 3rd tbh. At that point I would much rather just draft a QB.

3 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Carr is better than Mullens. That’s clear as day, but if you brought in Mullens to compete then sure. That’s fine. I just think it’s a waste of resources since he has more value to SF than to us. They’d probably want a 3rd tbh. At that point I would much rather just draft a QB.

I'd bring mariota in because he's a good backup. But I don't think he's much more than that.