The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

I’m glad DC is getting another year. I think he is due to play very well in year two with Gruden, with actual NFL talent.

on the flip side, I’d he doesn’t prove he is he man this year I’d be completely fine with moving on next off season. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Geezy said:

I’m glad DC is getting another year. I think he is due to play very well in year two with Gruden, with actual NFL talent.

on the flip side, I’d he doesn’t prove he is he man this year I’d be completely fine with moving on next off season. 

Makes perfect sense, hopefully the majority of the fan base feels the same.

With QB contracts going through the roof, I'm never letting Carr off this team until the contract expires...Just wait for 4 years and see the 40 mil per season make him look like a STEAL!!!

22.5, 21.5, 22 & 20 million

Trading next years picks down for 2021 picks and hope we get lucky. LOL

Carr is a good QB or at least a good enough QB who had potential to be GREAT but injuries may have gotten him hearing footsteps. 

I'd move on next season if we're offered a decent pick and were in range for a good rookie. I expect 6-10 season so our pick won't be good enough and Bears  pick should be higher than this years. 10/28 3rd/3rd is not enough for #1 and would have to throw in Carr if value is a 1st or 2021 1st.

So I say build around Carr and hope he gets us to the promise land and start looking to add a QB late 1st for 5 year option who needs a couple of seasons. If we had only one season left for Carr, then a Carr clone like Lock would have made sense to have more cap space. Too soon for any of that talk and doubt our Wins are going to please the fan base even if Carr's stats look good. It's a team and this team doesn't look like a winner. Maybe  2016 surprise but Carr should be passing less with Jacobs in the mix.

3 hours ago, G said:

With QB contracts going through the roof, I'm never letting Carr off this team until the contract expires...Just wait for 4 years and see the 40 mil per season make him look like a STEAL!!!

22.5, 21.5, 22 & 20 million

Trading next years picks down for 2021 picks and hope we get lucky. LOL

Carr is a good QB or at least a good enough QB who had potential to be GREAT but injuries may have gotten him hearing footsteps. 

I'd move on next season if we're offered a decent pick and were in range for a good rookie. I expect 6-10 season so our pick won't be good enough and Bears  pick should be higher than this years. 10/28 3rd/3rd is not enough for #1 and would have to throw in Carr if value is a 1st or 2021 1st.

So I say build around Carr and hope he gets us to the promise land and start looking to add a QB late 1st for 5 year option who needs a couple of seasons. If we had only one season left for Carr, then a Carr clone like Lock would have made sense to have more cap space. Too soon for any of that talk and doubt our Wins are going to please the fan base even if Carr's stats look good. It's a team and this team doesn't look like a winner. Maybe  2016 surprise but Carr should be passing less with Jacobs in the mix.

Depends on protection for carr. Bears had good draft considering lack of picks. 

Bears pick may be Around same as this year

28 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Depends on protection for carr. Bears had good draft considering lack of picks. 

Bears pick may be Around same as this year

The Bears will play a tougher scheduled being a division winner. If they regress, it will be because Trubisky proves he;s not the guy and the defense takes a step back losing Fangio and a couple core players like Amos and Callahan. Here's hoping they go the way of the 2017 Jaguars lol.

• Like 3

There are no excuses for Carr this year. I'm excited to see how he plays in his 2nd year in Gruden's offense with a ton of new weapons around him. Our running game should be legit with Jacobs/Crowell/Richard and he finally has a legit 1/2 WR combo with some solid guys behind them. 

Interested to hear from the guys who want Carr replaced.  What will it take to change your mind? I'm guessing he could ball out, have an excellent season, and it still won't matter because we went 6-10. Correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption.

2 minutes ago, true2form said:

Interested to hear from the guys who want Carr replaced.  What will it take to change your mind? 

He has to play at the same level that he did in 2016 if he wants to be the guy here longterm. 

11 minutes ago, true2form said:

Interested to hear from the guys who want Carr replaced.  What will it take to change your mind? I'm guessing he could ball out, have an excellent season, and it still won't matter because we went 6-10. Correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption.

Carr has the 2nd worst starting record NFL as a QB. Out of 32 starting QBs. The only one worse is Josh Rosen and that was just one year. But yes, I understand it’s a team game. 

Carr needs to show much better pocket poise, overall better confidence in the pocket. Be willing to take the hit and deliver the strike. He did this in the Colt game which was impressive. Usually Carr panics with pressure coming up though. Carr needs to take more shots deep and more shots overall. He only throws if a guy is wide open if it’s past 10-12 yards. A successful season for Carr would be around 4.2k yards, 8.2 ypa, 30 TDs, and 7 INTs. The most important for me is honestly the YPA. Carr has always been a dink and dunk QB and has never had a YPA over 8 even back to college. Make teams respect you all over the field. Right now teams play us like a 0 HR guy in baseball, bring your OF’s shallow. 

The 2020 QB class is absolutely loaded. It’ll be the best class since 2016 and the depth of the class is unreal. Tua, Herbert, Eason, and Fromm will all be Top 10 picks probably. Well, depending on Easons season. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr has the 2nd worst starting record NFL as a QB. Out of 32 starting QBs. The only one worse is Josh Rosen and that was just one year. But yes, I understand it’s a team game. 

Carr needs to show much better pocket poise overall better confident in the pocket. Be willing to take the hit and deliver the strike. He did this in the Colt game which was impressive. Usually Carr panics with pressure coming up though. Carr needs to take more shots deep and more shots overall. He only throws if a guy is wide open if it’s past 10-12 yards. A successful season for Carr would be around 4.2k yards, 8.2 ypa, 30 TDs, and 7 INTs. The most important for me is honestly the YPA. Carr has always been a dink and dunk QB and has never had a YPA over 8 even back to college. Make teams respect you all over the field. Right now teams play us like a 0 HR guy in baseball, bring your OF’s shallow. 

The 2020 QB class is absolutely loaded. It’ll be the best class since 2016 and the depth of the class is unreal. Tua, Herbert, Eason, and Fromm will all be Top 10 picks probably. Well, depending on Easons season. 

Ok. That's more of the answer I was looking for.

Unfortunately it also means you've already made up your mind that he will be replaced or you have unrealistic expectations. Gannon had 7.6 ypa in his mvp season in this offense.

Edited by true2form

1 minute ago, true2form said:

Ok. That's more of the answer I was looking for.

Unfortunately it also means you've already made up your mind that he will be replaced or you have unrealistic expectations. Gannon had 7.7 ypa in his mvp season in this offense.

That was 2002 where all QBs has sub 8 minus Peyton. 

23 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The Bears will play a tougher scheduled being a division winner. If they regress, it will be because Trubisky proves he;s not the guy and the defense takes a step back losing Fangio and a couple core players like Amos and Callahan. Here's hoping they go the way of the 2017 Jaguars lol.

I will be that our pick from the bears will be a better pick then the Raiders in next years draft. 

Bears take a big step back for those 3 big reasons. A full year of tape of trubisky. He isn't good so he will be exposed. Fangio leaving will affect them alot even those Pagano isn't a slouch. But the biggest thing is their schedule. 

I am thinking a 7-9 year from the Raiders and a 6-10 year from the Bears. Hoping to trade out of the first round all together with both and collext 3 picks for 2021. Trade 2 of them for #1 to get TLaw. Let him sit one year under Carr. Then trade carr during the draft before the final year of his contract. 

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 1