The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

41 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I call all 3 of those season situations pressure, but we could have different definitions.

In all 3 of those seasons, he was locked into the quarterback spot though, his job wasn't in danger. This year is a make or break year for him and if he doesn't play well he won't be the quarterback with the team moves to Las Vegas. There's even more pressure on him because it's the last year in Oakland, we have an extremely tough schedule, it's his 2nd year with Gruden, and we rebuilt the offense/added playmakers. If he can't play well with this group then he's clearly not the guy long term, this is the most talented group he has had in his career. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In all 3 of those seasons, he was locked into the quarterback spot though, his job wasn't in danger. This year is a make or break year for him and if he doesn't play well he won't be the quarterback with the team moves to Las Vegas. There's even more pressure on him because it's the last year in Oakland, we have an extremely tough schedule, it's his 2nd year with Gruden, and we rebuilt the offense/added playmakers. If he can't play well with this group then he's clearly not the guy long term, this is the most talented group he has had in his career. 

People are fooling themselves if they think this isn’t a make or break year for Carr. If his 2016 self doesn’t show up he’s done. 

18 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

No he needs his protection to not be a dumpster fire.

That wasn’t your quote, you said 2016 pass protection. 

Also Carrs Pass Protection was 4th in 2017 and he was trash. 

I don’t care what the numbers are this year, theres no excuses. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That wasn’t your quote, you said 2016 pass protection. 

Also Carrs Pass Protection was 4th in 2017 and he was trash. 

I don’t care what the numbers are this year, theres no excuses. 

He was injured in 2017

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jesus the excuses never stop... this is how you get stuck with an average QB for 8-9 years, just make excuses for the guy every single year. 

This year will be something...

Dude Todd Downing turned that entire offense into garbage. Every single player on offense had a horrible year in 2017. It wasn't all Carr. Funny we were stuck with no QB for the 8-9 years prior. You think after learning Musgraves offense and looking like a mvp 2 years in a row he suddenly sucks. Downing ruined the offense in 2017 and then he had to learn Grudens offense in 2018 with one weapon at TE this will be his 2nd year in this offense and I expect good things.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Jesus the excuses never stop... this is how you get stuck with an average QB for 8-9 years, just make excuses for the guy every single year. 

This year will be something...

I've never seen a QB have so many fans giving excuses after excuses for a player This is a make or break year for Carr. 

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I've never seen a QB have so many fans giving excuses after excuses for a player This is a make or break year for Carr. 

And I'm completely fine if it's a "make" year for him and he has a season on par with 2016, preferably better. But there will be no excuses this time. None. Too many already.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And I'm completely fine if it's a "make" year for him and he has a season on par with 2016, preferably better. But there will be no excuses this time. None. Too many already.

Excuse well is dry and full of sand.

He needs to help the team win in order to stay next season. I could understand if the defense is a turnstile and the offense does it's job. However, the offense inability to stay on the field affects the defense. We really won't get the Carr answer on his improve until he goes against a live pass rush week 1.

10 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Once Kyler got drafted, I wanted no parts of this QB class so I'm happy we didn't. 

For the first time in his career, the pressure is on Carr and I'm excited to see how he responds. 

Kyler isn't going to see his 5th year option picked up. 

He is not more talented then Carr.

I believe you are SO wrong with the pressure on being on Carr anymore then any other year. I don't think it matters what he does he will be in Oakland for a long time. He IS Gruden's guy. 

42 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Kyler isn't going to see his 5th year option picked up. 

He is not more talented then Carr.

I believe you are SO wrong with the pressure on being on Carr anymore then any other year. I don't think it matters what he does he will be in Oakland for a long time. He IS Gruden's guy. 

He isn't going to see his 5th year picked up?  Absolutely no proof or ground for that argument