The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Happy Birthday DC.

hell yeah! and count me firmly in the derek carr camp, especially for this coming year ,to me that's a no brainer.lol  ive believed in him and wont back out now. not after the sh*t show weve had since gannon. (or even before if you don't count Hoss.lol)

I'm in Derek Carr camp still. I was more upset with how plays were called (again big surprise) last year. Especially at the beginning of the season. And quite frankly the OL was not the same OL. When you dont add pieces and the main strength of the team(OL) is not performing to their level there is going to be issues. 

He needs to do better for sure but making a change now wouldn't make sense to me personally

And really to me Carr is very good at throwing deep balls... When he throws them. We need more of these plays and I think the additions will help with that. He isn't scared we know that, he is agressive typically with most throws. Personally I would rather have an INT on the other side of the field than 10ft in front of me so I hope they go deep way more.  

Anyone find it a bit odd that Gruden/Mayock are meeting with Murray? And that Raiders social media posted a picture of him with an All timer, Tim Brown?

I don't see the 9ers or Jets or Bucs for that matter "doing due diligence" on him despite their draft position. 

Everyone just keeps brushing this stuff off, but if Carr is truely your guy, why are you wasting a trip to Dallas, dinner, time, etc. with Murray? If Carr's your QB.... why not invest that time someplace else.

Gruden and Mayock went to Dallas to meet with him.... let that sink in. 

I'm starting to think where there is smoke...... you know the rest.

Everyone wants to play the whole "smokescreen" aspect, etc. But man... a lot of work being done on a guy for "smokescreen" I won't believe Carr is the Raiders QB until week 1 personally.

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Anyone find it a bit odd that Gruden/Mayock are meeting with Murray? And that Raiders social media posted a picture of him with an All timer, Tim Brown?

I don't see the 9ers or Jets or Bucs for that matter "doing due diligence" on him despite their draft position. 

Everyone just keeps brushing this stuff off, but if Carr is truely your guy, why are you wasting a trip to Dallas, dinner, time, etc. with Murray? If Carr's your QB.... why not invest that time someplace else.

Everyone wants to play the whole "smokescreen" aspect, etc. But man... a lot of work being done on a guy for "smokescreen" I won't believe Carr is the Raiders QB until week 1 personally.

I think it suits them either way. As a means of making teams feel they want a QB so they can tempt trade partners and to learn more about someone who is high on their board.

I don't think (although am not 100%) that Grudock would trade up to get Murray, but I do believe that they really like him and that he is being seriously considered. My guess is that they are keeping their options open and if he's there at 4 and perhaps some of the top defenders have gone, that they would maybe take him. 

Here is my take. 

Gruden loves any QB, lol. And he will take any opportunity to get to know one. If anyone is truly interested in drafting him it's Gruden imo. 

Just listening to Mayock over the years on different platforms I don't think he would take him at 4 assuming he believes there is top 10 talent at other positions. Partially because he understands how hard it is to find these quarterbacks and pass rushers. He has a QB on the roster who has proven he can hang in the NFL vs spending a 4th on a good player but who knows what will happen. And the measureable will scare him a bit combined with the limited history on tape. Also Oklahomas system was already built around Mayfield who was also smaller albeit not as much. And right now if you really have to have someone like Russell Wilson then just send some picks over for him instead of an unknown quantity. 

Im not a QB person in general but that is my opinion. I certainly wouldn't hate the pick but I think it would be an unjustified pick. 

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

My guess is Murray is the pick at 4 100% but they are not trading up for him. Haskins is a bluff move to get a team to trade up at 3 so Bosa would fall on our lap if Niners pass on him. This is just my theory anyways. 

As for other teams not doing it, Niners and Jets have much more believable QB situations. Darnold was #3 last year and was ok during his rookie season. Jimmy G will get at least two seasons with Kyle. Everyone knows Carr might be on the way out. 

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

In order:

1. They've made a believer out of many.  That may be the point. Deception.

2. Gruden just wants to continue doing QB camps because that's what he likes to do.

3. They actually want to draft a QB

All are possible.

So basically I think the Cards taking Murray is 90% likely. But Gruden/Mayock are doing their due dilligence in case that 10% happens. He is probably #1 on their big board. (I feel most boards Murray has leaped Bosa and Q). I am fully confident he’d be the pick at four. 

I do not think they will trade up and I do not think they will draft Dwayne Haskins. They are probably trying to scare a team into trading with the Jets and getting Haskins. Therefore, if the Niners go QW, we get Bosa. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I agree.

Also, we signed 3 veteran QBs who have all started games in the NFL. Carr could be getting traded

People need to realize, Gruden and Mayock arent sold on Carr completely. He's 29-51 as an NFL starter

That's a lot of time and effort spent with top QB prospects for a smokescreen. Why would we trade out of #4 when we already have 4 top 35 picks?

Gruden is going to get his guy at QB and he is looking for it

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Gruden met with Aaron Rodgers in Berkeley when he was the head coach of the Buccaneers. It doesn't hurt to do your due diligence on a guy. It could just be a huge smokescreen, by meeting with Murray it signals to other teams that we have a serious interest in him which could force someone to trade ahead of us to get him, thus allowing a defensive guy to fall to us.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he's the pick. Carr has been mediocre the last two seasons, if a franchise QB falls into our laps why not take him? Gonna need offensive firepower to compete with KC for the next decade. 

Edited by NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Gruden met with Aaron Rodgers in Berkeley when he was the head coach of the Buccaneers. It doesn't hurt to do your due diligence on a guy. It could just be a huge smokescreen, by meeting with Murray it signals to other teams that we have a serious interest in him which could force someone to trade ahead of us to get him, thus allowing a defensive guy to fall to us.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he's the pick. Carr has been mediocre the last two seasons, if a franchise QB falls into our laps why not take him? Gonna need offensive firepower to compete with KC for the next decade. 

You read that tweet too?? Totally different circumstances. Tampa didn't have a perceived franchise QB.

The point is, you have Carr.... why you sniffing around, taking trips to Dallas and sitting down to dinner? 

I'm guessing there is more here than smokescreen

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Lolz it must be exhausting being you.

You don't think there is a competitive advantage to meeting with Kyler and Haskins in the future? You don't think putting Kyler and Gruden in front of a white board won't give Gruden an advantage if he ever has to game plan for him?

Cmon man use your head. Take out everything said it the media (because its all lies) and think about the situation at hand and honestly tell me you think Gruden will move on from Carr.