The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

20 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

I just want to know if some of these routes are Gruden calls or Carr doing checks. I feel like this has been a question for several years.

Last year they said it was something Gruden designed. It’s insane, instead of them trying to scheme guys open they just want to hope a guy breaks a tackle and gain 7+ yards. That doesn’t work. I mean at that point you might as well run the ball. 

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

Last year they said it was something Gruden designed. It’s insane, instead of them trying to scheme guys open they just want to hope a guy breaks a tackle and gain 7+ yards. That doesn’t work. I mean at that point you might as well run the ball. 

Gruden's west coast offense is severely outdated especially when you see all of the spread concepts being used around the league now. It also hurts that Gruden's offense is built to establish the running game first and then work in-play action, etc. when we're going down 3+ scores in the first half. We don't have a difference-maker at WR and as we saw the last two weeks when we're down early and defenses know we have to throw the ball, Carr's too scared to take shots down the field. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

This would be great argument if I didn't watch Daniel Jones with Sterling Shepard as his #1 and Barkley out win the game and throwing down field to bum wrs. Tyrell Williams is better than any wr they have. Our oline is better and defense is about the same.

We should he in shootouts. Or least kicking fgs. Playcalling has been bad and Carr last 7 qtrs hasnt been great. Jacobs is misused and needs more open field recs. Waller is only guy being used right.

The fact that you're using Jones as an example, who has played one game in his NFL career against Carr is ridiculous. 

That is like saying RGIII was a great QB after his first career start where he threw for 320 and 2TD's with a 140 QB rating.  Come one man....

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What do you guys expect with a terrible D that can't stop anyone, always playing from behind, a number 2 WR that is his number 1 and a bunch of 3/4's as his other weapons.  

Jacobs was non existent yesterday bc they were behind and had to abandon the run game.  Does that make Jocobs a bad player?

Carr has no choice but to dink and dunk.  Would you rather dink and dunk or have him force the ball and turn it over?  Those are his options.  Now I will admit that an accurate, mobile QB that can extend plays with his legs would extend plays longer than Carr but once again he would have no weapons to throw too.  

The best friend of a QB is a good D and the Raiders D is terrible.  We have one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL, heck Cousins sat back there all day and picked us apart and looked like Brady LOL  That is how horrible our D is.  One who doesn't understand football would point the finger at Gunther, when the issue is clearly not scheme but lack of talent on D.  

Carr is always playing with a deficit and trying to play catchup.  Playing from behind limits the playbook and pocket passers like Carr need some type of weapons in the passing game and he has zero.  

I would like to see him attempt to extend plays more with his legs but like I have said since AB left, this team is at best a 6 win team.  We have more talent than last season but are still bottom of the league in overall talent on our roster which limits both Carr and Jocobs.

No excuses. Remember you said that this offseason.