The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What?  The guy has played ONE game... one and people on here are throwing around Manning comparisons.  What is going on in this world?

Still missing point. You're getting defensive instead of understanding point my man. I like Carr. He has all the tools but just doesn't put em together how he should. I'm hoping something clicks and he starts moving in pocket better.

When he gets all flustered he starts moving In pocket like a year 1/2 QB. Vs Denver was best I've seen him look in pocket in while. He was avoiding pressure and side stepping to create lanes. That's who I want to see every week. If that guy shows up every week were in every game regardless of def.

17 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Funny how you chastise Amari for disappearing during games when Carr has averaged like 3.5 good games per year since 16. Is that disappearing, too? You said Carr is a MVP caliber QB why does he put trash on display so often?

Oh no, let me guess, you'll bring up his lack of weapons. His coaches, how bad this organization is, the defense etc. You're a funny guy. Where's @OG_C2X at

I am concerned with his display of happy feet despite there being no pressure. To his defense he hasn't had anyone open that I feel he blatantly missed. He had a few 1v1s I would have loved to see him take shots on but the offense is suffering from the real lack of a true Z WR. That is the main WR in Gruden's offense. Carr has hit nearly every open WR he has had all year except on the INT where he missed Foster BAD!

We have played 2 of the 5 best teams in the NFL the last two weeks, and we have hurt ourselves with penalties and not being able to get off the field on 3rd and longs. We are not a team that is going to come back in games. For us to win we need to get out early and then run the ball and control the clock and play bend don't break defense meaning we can't give up big plays.

I will admit his skittishness and happy feet are starting to be concerning. He has had clean pockets and has been dancing. Last year it was 2017 and 2018 were excusable due to poor OL play and lack of play makers and playbook familiarity. This year he has looked frantic at times with clean pockets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Still missing point. You're getting defensive instead of understanding point my man. I like Carr. He has all the tools but just doesn't put em together how he should. I'm hoping something clicks and he starts moving in pocket better.

When he gets all flustered he starts moving In pocket like a year 1/2 QB. Vs Denver was best I've seen him look in pocket in while. He was avoiding pressure and side stepping to create lanes. That's who I want to see every week. If that guy shows up every week were in every game regardless of def.

I agree he has the tools but do you think he hasn't put them together because his supporting cast has been so terrible? 

He does need to buy more time with his legs.  He has the athleticism, I don't understand why he doesn't use it more.

Our D played well for the 1st 3 quarters against Denver which allowed us to dictate the game on O.  We had them off balance and were running it down their throats.  KC and the Vikes not so much...  They had us on the ropes early and never let up.  Jacobs had 11 carries last game bc we had to abandon the run which is inexcusable.  It was so obvious that Jacobs was not going to be a factor the D coordinator recognized that as well and started to send the heat early and often.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I said Carr would be in the MVp hunt this season with AB on the roster.  The loss of AB was critical to our season.  As crazy as he is he is an elite #1 WR who commands a double team.  Do you have any idea of how that opens up an O.  To have him leave a few days before the season has ruined our season.  His skillset is irreplaceable and the trickle down affect is massive.  

I agree the loss of AB hurts Carr tremendously, I've said that on here plenty of times. But the loss of a top 3 WR doesnt change a QB from being a potential MVP candidate to a bottom third tier starter, which Carr is currently. That's a drastic fall off.

Case and point, a REAL mvp like Patrick Mahomes lost Hill but is still balling. Tom brady does it with whoever's out there. Does Russell Wilson even have a #1 WR? I can go on and on. Simply put, Carr isnt that guy and never was. Replacement level QB who wont make it to Vegas. Probably wont start all 16 games this year.

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am telling you that if he gets traded to a team with weapons and a good D he will ball out and make all of you look foolish.  

The Raiders are a dumpster fire of an organization and have been for 20 years.  Until they can surround a QB with the proper talent very few QB's will come here and be successful. 

How's that going to correct his pocket presence and poise. Dude has had happy feet since college. Not something you can just coach out. He feels pressure when it's not even there, that's a problem.

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

How's that going to correct his pocket presence and poise. Dude has had happy feet since college. Not something you can just coach out. He feels pressure when it's not even there, that's a problem.

Agreed. He’s proven he can have a good year when he has a good running game, two receivers both having really good years, and all pro caliber play at 4 spots on the offensive line. If you need all that, you aren’t a franchise QB. The whole idea of him balling out if he’s “surrounded with weapons” is absurd. Franchise quarterbacks elevate the talent around them, not the other way around. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TLO said:

Agreed. He’s proven he can have a good year when he has a good running game, two receivers both having really good years, and all pro caliber play at 4 spots on the offensive line. If you need all that, you aren’t a franchise QB. The whole idea of him balling out if he’s “surrounded with weapons” is absurd. Franchise quarterbacks elevate the talent around them, not the other way around. 

Just do like madden and create 10 foot tall wrs and te’s they he can do those alley oops all day lol it’s not the play calling imo it’s his accuracy. When he doesn’t crap in his shorts and throw stupid ints we win usually.

Vs kc crapped in his pants stupid ints =l

vs min see above 

carr the only dude who can go 23-27 with 2 ints and 180 yards 

Carr doesn’t even have all season. I’ll give him til Week 11. If he still looks like trash, Peterman is named starter for the remainder of the season starting Week 11 at home against the Bengals. 

I’m not a fan of Glennon or Kizer at all but might as well see what Peterman can do. He was great in college and looked like a Pro QB. Buffalo he made some serious mental mistakes. Let’s see what he can do. Gruden seems to really like him. 

2 hours ago, TLO said:

That has been my argument against him the entire time.

2 hours ago, TLO said:

Outstanding post tbh.  REally one of the best I’ve seen on this site in a long time.  I couldn’t agree with you more.

• Like 1

Carr is in his 6th year and continues to make rookie mistakes. Carr under Bill Musgarve was a high level duo but if the rumors are true and it was Carr who wanted to promote his buddy Todd Downing to OC and let Musgrave walk, then he really has no one to blame but himself. Its been nothing but downhill since Musgrave was forced out. There is no way Gruden is gonna walk away from football before Raiders get to Vegas. So thinking about a Gruden replacement isn't realistic at all. Raiders are almost a lock to draft a QB in 2020.

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I said Carr would be in the MVP hunt this season with AB on the roster.  The loss of AB was critical to our season.  As crazy as he is he is an elite #1 WR who commands a double team.  Do you have any idea of how that opens up an O?  To have him leave a few days before the season has ruined our season.  His skillset is irreplaceable and the trickle down affect is massive.  

Yeah I do agree, losing AB was a critical blow on the field.

AB on the field I'm sure would have easily been a 1200-10 guy and done so succesfully against a #1 corner.

With AB, tyrell is a #2 with 1v1 coverage every play, which he will dominate.

With AB, Waller is given 1v1 coverage every play, which he will dominate.

With AB, the slot is opened up, meaning renfrow has more space to work with.

With AB, the running game is opened up, meaning Jacobs has more space to run.

If we could draft one of those 2020 receivers rn (Jeudy/Lamb/Shennault/Higgins, etc) and put them in the offense today, I think it would be substantially better.

If you take Julio off the falcons, they're a different team offensively. Same thing here.

• Like 2