The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I agree.

Also, we signed 3 veteran QBs who have all started games in the NFL. Carr could be getting traded

People need to realize, Gruden and Mayock arent sold on Carr completely. He's 29-51 as an NFL starter

That's a lot of time and effort spent with top QB prospects for a smokescreen. Why would we trade out of #4 when we already have 4 top 35 picks?

Gruden is going to get his guy at QB and he is looking for it

You're right.  He absolutely should have been able to win every game with our defense that has ranked in the bottom 10 yearly for the last 6 years.  There's no reason why a player who has gone through 2-3 rebuilds, 4-5 HCs, 5-6 OCs should still be losing.  Who cares if he's played with 3-4 different starting TEs, has a whole new WR corps after the team slowly accumulated two players that either quit or got old.  No reason he should be losing us games when we've had one of the worst pass rushes in the last 6 years.  Who cares if his team has only ranked in the top ten once during his time in Oakland.  He obviously plays RB, OL, defense in general.  No reason to blame Ken Norton Jr. for the defense when DC could have easily taken over.  

I'm tired of him being blamed for our record.  It's a team sport played with 22 starters.  Not including backups and special teams players.

Whoever said he doesn't elevate others, the guy found a way to get 68% completion and over 4,000 yards with a bunch of scrubs and J. Cook. Again, I need to stop talking about this.  There are believers, and doubters.  Hopefully I'm passing out crow to all of the doubters sometime in January or February 2020/2021.  That would just be great.

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Lolz it must be exhausting being you.

You don't think there is a competitive advantage to meeting with Kyler and Haskins in the future? You don't think putting Kyler and Gruden in front of a white board won't give Gruden an advantage if he ever has to game plan for him?

Cmon man use your head. Take out everything said it the media (because its all lies) and think about the situation at hand and honestly tell me you think Gruden will move on from Carr.

So why isn't Shannahan doing it? Murray could be in his division. 

And I've really not commented on this Carr situation. I like Carr. I'm just saying, there is a lot more happening here than "smokescreen".

"Using my head" says if they believe in their QB, you don't need to fly across country with your GM to meet with him to confuse the other teams or get intel on him. If you want to spin it to make yourself feel good, by all means. 

I can confidently say Gruden isn't sold on Carr. He will eventually get his own guy in here.

12 minutes ago, Jerry said:

You're right.  He absolutely should have been able to win every game with our defense that has ranked in the bottom 10 yearly for the last 6 years.  There's no reason why a player who has gone through 2-3 rebuilds, 4-5 HCs, 5-6 OCs should still be losing.  Who cares if he's played with 3-4 different starting TEs, has a whole new WR corps after the team slowly accumulated two players that either quit or got old.  No reason he should be losing us games when we've had one of the worst pass rushes in the last 6 years.  Who cares if his team has only ranked in the top ten once during his time in Oakland.  He obviously plays RB, OL, defense in general.  No reason to blame Ken Norton Jr. for the defense when DC could have easily taken over.  

I'm tired of him being blamed for our record.  It's a team sport played with 22 starters.  Not including backups and special teams players.

Whoever said he doesn't elevate others, the guy found a way to get 68% completion and over 4,000 yards with a bunch of scrubs and J. Cook. Again, I need to stop talking about this.  There are believers, and doubters.  Hopefully I'm passing out crow to all of the doubters sometime in January or February 2020/2021.  That would just be great.

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@OG_C2X reaction would be absolute priceless if we draft a QB, especially in the top two rounds. Literally everyone admits there is at least a slight chance we will go QB yet he thinks there’s not even a 0.0000001% chance we go QB. 

28 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

You don't think there is a competitive advantage to meeting with Kyler and Haskins in the future? You don't think putting Kyler and Gruden in front of a white board won't give Gruden an advantage if he ever has to game plan for him?

Cmon man use your head. Take out everything said it the media (because its all lies) and think about the situation at hand and honestly tell me you think Gruden will move on from Carr.

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So why isn't Shannahan doing it? Murray could be in his division. 

And I've really not commented on this Carr situation. I like Carr. I'm just saying, there is a lot more happening here than "smokescreen".

"Using my head" says if they believe in their QB, you don't need to fly across country with your GM to meet with him to confuse the other teams or get intel on him. If you want to spin it to make yourself feel good, by all means. 

I can confidently say Gruden isn't sold on Carr. He will eventually get his own guy in here.

It's the nature of the business to always be looking to upgrade and get insurance when it makes sense. That is what is happening.

Gain info on possible top picks for your position. Yes.

Scout these guys to learn value. Yes.

Throw other teams off your true intentions so you can move how you want on draft day. Yes.

It's all happening. Can we stop with this.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THEY WILL DO YET. NOT EVEN THE TEAM.

I don't disagree that it could happen. I do agree they wont trade up though which is what scares me. If he is really worth #4 why not trade up. Otherwise you are just hoping he works out and on draft day it "appears" like you got a steal but no games are played on draft day. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

4 minutes ago, TiberiusRising said:

I don't disagree that it could happen. I do agree they wont trade up though which is what scares me. If he is really worth #4 why not trade up. Otherwise you are just hoping he works out and on draft day it "appears" like you got a steal but no games are played on draft day. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Same. I doubt anyone here is gonna be mad if we go Murray at 4, minus maybe two to three hardcore Carr fans on here. If we trade up and give up picks 24 and 35, this forum is gonna lose it. If Gruden whispers in Mayocks ear all month saying Murray is the greatest thing since sliced bread I suppose it could happen.

The only way I'd be ok with it is if we trade Carr right after for a 1st Round Pick, preferably something high like Miami's #13. Giants #17 would be ok as well. Then you trade 27 into a 2nd and 3rd. So basically you'd have Pick 1 for Murray, Pick 13 or 17, and an entire draft as well.

Edited by BayRaider

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You read that tweet too?? Totally different circumstances. Tampa didn't have a perceived franchise QB.

The point is, you have Carr.... why you sniffing around, taking trips to Dallas and sitting down to dinner? 

I'm guessing there is more here than smokescreen

I've been reading these pro Murray posts and I'm not in agreement.  This is lying time in the NFL.  I believe Gruden is doing two things.  He is setting in action a smoke screen but would like to make a trade to get another first round pick if possible.  I mean he could get a first and a second, maybe more to move down 10 spots. 

No matter what people say about Murray he's 5'10" and that may be a lie.  They do that when you're short and that's what he is.  He won't be able to see over the line.  They'll have to set up passing lanes for him; let him run and... he will.  He'll get pulverized.  I don't want to get in a debate over how Murray will succeed but start naming short QB's that have any lengthy success.  Flutie....ooohh, I just did a google search to get proper spelling for Manziel and they have him at 6'.  He was a great NFL QB.  I know, there's Russell Wilson but I'm not buying into Raiders at #4.  Murray will probably go in the top 10 but let him go somewhere else. 

I remember some were convinced Carr is the QB and using him and AB's relationship as the proof.

Lol... I could guarantee Gruden and Mayock could care less about them being "bros". That will not be factored into the decision even 0.1%. And if we did get Murray, I doubt AB would care much. He has a relationship with Murray from his brother and likes him a lot, plus has worked out with him several times.

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

You posted in another thread it’s 100% the Raiders won’t take a QB and don’t even have one on their big board or something similar to that. Do you have an inside source? I remember you calling the trade down and drafting Hayden. I’m curious where you get your info and why you’re so sure about it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

It's the nature of the business to always be looking to upgrade and get insurance when it makes sense. That is what is happening.

Gain info on possible top picks for your position. Yes.

Scout these guys to learn value. Yes.

Throw other teams off your true intentions so you can move how you want on draft day. Yes.

It's all happening. Can we stop with this.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THEY WILL DO YET. NOT EVEN THE TEAM.

J. Gruden's plan and crazy moves makes it hard to trust him.  He drafts a QB and trades away DC I'm going to lose my mind.  I feel sorry for the players.  Especially AB when I'm pretty sure DC played a huge part in him wanting to come to Oakland.  If we draft a QB and he's a major bust, it'll be another long rebuild.  J. Gruden saying he wanted to come back to coach DC, just to trade him, I'd hate him for it.  I don't dislike him completely, but if I was a player, I'd have zero trust in him.  Zero.  Literally zero.  He's willing to cut you and move on first chance he gets a player he believes is better than you, instead of coaching you.  Ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

J. Gruden's plan and crazy moves makes it hard to trust him.  He drafts a QB and trades away DC I'm going to lose my mind.  I feel sorry for the players.  Especially AB when I'm pretty sure DC played a huge part in him wanting to come to Oakland.  If we draft a QB and he's a major bust, it'll be another long rebuild.  J. Gruden saying he wanted to come back to coach DC, just to trade him, I'd hate him for it.  I don't dislike him completely, but if I was a player, I'd have zero trust in him.  Zero.  Literally zero.  He's willing to cut you and move on first chance he gets a player he believes is better than you, instead of coaching you.  Ridiculous.

He hasn't done this to a good QB in his prime though and that is the difference. And most instances where people say they can't trust Gruden are the same things other good coaches do regularly. But the thing that they also do is ride their workhorse and don't reload at that position without legit backup having been preestablished.

Ok, you have some rational and some irrational fears but you're not looking at the situation logically.

Carr is a good QB and he ain't gonna get traded.  He thought he was invulnerable before the injury but after the broken leg he wasn't himself.  Then along comes Gruden with a huge play book that takes time to absorb.  They had him doing quick check downs getting the ball out asap.  I think that was for two reasons; he still hadn't master the play book and how strong was his leg.  After a point in the season, I seem to recall the 4th game (at my age what can I recall) he seems to either got a grip on the play book or got his mojo back.  I don't want him going anywhere. 

Wait......was Carr's contract extended during the Gruden watch?  Last year?  That should tell everything.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

So when the team was good in 2016 it's because of Carr and when it isnt good it on the other players? You are what you are  in this leagueand  since he has been starting we are 29-51. That's an awful record

68% and 4000 yards  with only 19 TDs 😂  

46 minutes ago, Jerry said:

What would be so bad about drafting a QB with way more potential than Carr? Carr has one good year. He has always been bad under pressure shouldn’t always have to have an elite offensive line around him. He has always been inaccurate deep. He had the least amount of air yards the past couple seasons. I’m all for giving Carr another year (which would be an absolute prove it or you’re gone season) but if we draft Murray and trade Carr I wouldn’t be upset at all and I don’t think as many Raider fans would be upset as you think. Only the real casual social media ones.