The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Against the Colts injured defense...I mean he should have a good game. That shouldn't change anyone's sentiments. 

??? So if he has a bad game he's not good, but if he has a good game, it's "he should".

Some of ya'll are too much. I also want to win and will not deny what I see on the field, but we knew rebuilding this team was a project... Regardless of what you think of Carr, if you consider this an audition year, you can't rule him out now... 

I don't want to see Glennon or Peterman. If anyone disagrees, please never @ me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I think the back and the ankle did him in. He doesn’t have that killer instinct anymore. He doesn’t think, “dang it I’m going to win this game!” It’s more like, “I’m not going to get a sack or throw a pick so here we go.”

It's not easy to have that killer instinct when you know you're outclassed at every position on the field and that you'll need to put up a 40 spot for a chance to win.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

??? So if he has a bad game he's not good, but if he has a good game, it's "he should".

Some of ya'll are too much. I also want to win and will not deny what I see on the field, but we knew rebuilding this team was a project... Regardless of what you think of Carr, if you consider this an audition year, you can't rule him out now... 

I don't want to see Glennon or Peterman. If anyone disagrees, please never @ me.

Carr always destroys the Colts. I predicted a win today and one of Carrs two great games on the season (I predicted two great, three good, three average, and eight abysmal games). 

He still sucks. No QB is gonna suck every game of the season but you guys rush in here every time he does something good. You guys being somewhat quiet til now shows how had he has been this season. He’s literally a Bottom 5 QB right now. 

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr always destroys the Colts. I predicted a win today and one of Carrs two great games on the season (I predicted two great, three good, three average, and eight abysmal games). 

He still sucks. No QB is gonna suck every game of the season but you guys rush in here every time he does something good. You guys being somewhat quiet til now shows how had he has been this season. He’s literally a Bottom 5 QB right now. 

It's literally been 3 ******* games. What do you mean somewhat quiet? He had a flawless game against denver and 2 rough ones... Are you writing the season off already? I'm not even gonna argue this bruh

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's literally been 3 ******* games. What do you mean somewhat quiet? He had a flawless game against denver and 2 rough ones... Are you writing the season off already? I'm not even gonna argue this bruh

What do you mean writing the season off? You think we are getting anywhere close to .500? Lol. 

His games against MINN/KC were two of the worst QB games of the year. And KCs secondary is pure trash. 

And it hasn’t been 3 games. Carr has sucked for THREE YEARS. 

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Pretty sure you said if we lost today season was over to though. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

What do you mean writing the season off? You think we are getting anywhere close to .500? Lol. 

His games against MINN/KC were two of the worst QB games of the year. And KCs secondary is pure trash. 

And it hasn’t been 3 games. Carr has sucked for THREE YEARS. 

Yeah he thought this year we was going to be good. He got mad at me in another post cause I said it was a 6 or 7 win team at best. 

I'm a Carr fan and even I'll admit he hasn't taken the next step like I thought he would.  He's on pace for 24 TD's this season.  With a much improved team around him.  Hopefully he picks up the pace, but I don't see that happening against the Bears.  If he somehow does the impossible and throws like 2-3 TDs and 0-1 INTs, I'll be happy.  I'll continue to sit in the DC wagon.  But I'm pretty sure Khalil Mack is going to kill DC in the most friendly way possible and it might get very ugly, very early in the game.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:42 AM, Jerry said:

I'm a Carr fan and even I'll admit he hasn't taken the next step like I thought he would.  He's on pace for 24 TD's this season.  With a much improved team around him.  Hopefully he picks up the pace, but I don't see that happening against the Bears.  If he somehow does the impossible and throws like 2-3 TDs and 0-1 INTs, I'll be happy.  I'll continue to sit in the DC wagon.  But I'm pretty sure Khalil Mack is going to kill DC in the most friendly way possible and it might get very ugly, very early in the game.

I still sit on the DC wagon as well.  For a few reasons.. 

This is the second time in his career hes had the same coordinator over two consecutive seasons.  In this case by coordinator I mean JG, because lets be honest.  Secondly, only one time in his career has his completion percentage gone down.  Given the amount of inconsistency hes been given, that's actually kind of impressive to me.  Even last year as bad as it all was (and it was ugly) he had a career year in yardage and completion percentage.   He also had a career high 12 fumbles (7 lost), but he was a freaking punching bag with 51 sacks which is 20 more than his next closest season.  The line has done a better job this year as hes on pace for 32.  Or two a game.  Which is still not great but its an improvement.  

This year the eye test shows me light years better than last year.  Still needs to improve, 100%.  I think we are seeing a little growth because of consistency in the coaching positions above him.  Adding decent talent around him.  Waller has been a great surprise.  Jacobs has been borderline stud-ish.  The line is keeping him cleaner... than last year.  I still think that if we make a move at QB, you need to be certain that what you are going after will most definitely be better than what you had, and I just don't see it with this class.  

We haven't even talked about the AB debacle.  Which like it or not caused a situation in the locker that was not in any way Derek's fault.  They actually held it together better than I thought in spite of the situation.  I would even give DC credit for being some of the glue that has held it together.  Think back to Lee Smith and his defense of Derek when his leadership was questioned in the locker room.  That was fiery.  His team mates love him, I think you can tell that from watching Hard Knocks.  

I am not jocking Carr.  I think he is lacking in some areas that in year 6 should be cleaned up by now.  In 2016 I thought we were looking at the second coming of Aaron Rodgers.  I don't think that is his ceiling anymore.  But there are a lot of less than Aaron Rodgers QBs that have won titles with talent around them.  I am saying that given the right added pieces, and the right situation he will be able to get it done at some point.  Maybe we should temper some of the All Pro expectations a bit before we just want to send him down the road.  

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 5:51 PM, Totty said:

I still sit on the DC wagon as well.  For a few reasons.. 

This is the second time in his career hes had the same coordinator over two consecutive seasons.  In this case by coordinator I mean JG, because lets be honest.  Secondly, only one time in his career has his completion percentage gone down.  Given the amount of inconsistency hes been given, that's actually kind of impressive to me.  Even last year as bad as it all was (and it was ugly) he had a career year in yardage and completion percentage.   He also had a career high 12 fumbles (7 lost), but he was a freaking punching bag with 51 sacks which is 20 more than his next closest season.  The line has done a better job this year as hes on pace for 32.  Or two a game.  Which is still not great but its an improvement.  

This year the eye test shows me light years better than last year.  Still needs to improve, 100%.  I think we are seeing a little growth because of consistency in the coaching positions above him.  Adding decent talent around him.  Waller has been a great surprise.  Jacobs has been borderline stud-ish.  The line is keeping him cleaner... than last year.  I still think that if we make a move at QB, you need to be certain that what you are going after will most definitely be better than what you had, and I just don't see it with this class.  

We haven't even talked about the AB debacle.  Which like it or not caused a situation in the locker that was not in any way Derek's fault.  They actually held it together better than I thought in spite of the situation.  I would even give DC credit for being some of the glue that has held it together.  Think back to Lee Smith and his defense of Derek when his leadership was questioned in the locker room.  That was fiery.  His team mates love him, I think you can tell that from watching Hard Knocks.  

I am not jocking Carr.  I think he is lacking in some areas that in year 6 should be cleaned up by now.  In 2016 I thought we were looking at the second coming of Aaron Rodgers.  I don't think that is his ceiling anymore.  But there are a lot of less than Aaron Rodgers QBs that have won titles with talent around them.  I am saying that given the right added pieces, and the right situation he will be able to get it done at some point.  Maybe we should temper some of the All Pro expectations a bit before we just want to send him down the road.  

He orchestrated a great game plan against the Bears.  Got us the win, didn't make any plays that lost us the game.  No turnovers other than the botched Jacobs fumble but things like that happen when your RB is a rookie learning a complex system.  He definitely did way better than I thought he would.  I hope we hold onto him.  I hope we draft a couple WRs and maybe one from FA.  Guy played a great game when you consider who it was against.

• Like 1

Carr deserves credit for solid games the last two weeks, especially being on the road.  He hasn’t played great, but he hasn’t made any huge mistakes(outside of whatever that pitch was yesterday).  I still question his 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8 on a regular basis, but I like that he has been extending plays more than he used to.  I’m still not sold on him, but he has improved and I’ve been impressed.  Big game in two weeks at Green Bay, but the last two weeks show we can play with most teams.

• Like 2

I’ll give Carr credit, his safe playing style has ensured us victory the past couple weeks. But it also makes me wonder how a true franchise QB would be doing with a line that shut out both Von Miller and Khalil Mack, almost unheard of. This is a Saints level pass protection and he still does throw well short of 1st down on 3rd downs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daineraider said:

Carr deserves credit for solid games the last two weeks, especially being on the road.  He hasn’t played great, but he hasn’t made any huge mistakes(outside of whatever that pitch was yesterday).  I still question his 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8 on a regular basis, but I like that he has been extending plays more than he used to.  I’m still not sold on him, but he has improved and I’ve been impressed.  Big game in two weeks at Green Bay, but the last two weeks show we can play with most teams.

Exactly as long as he doesn’t have a “crap myself “ moment we’re good. Gotta give him props he was on the freakin money yesterday 

Carr has definitely improved.  He still has work to do but I am happy with the progression so far.  He needs to open it up a little more and a little better at situational football.  3rd and 8 is normally not a good time to throw a 3 yard pass with no chance of gaining 5 after the catch.  Would rather he try to extend the play because it has a much greater chance of converting than hoping for a roughing the kicker to go along with a fake punt to get the 1st down.  It worked for us this time but 99 times out of a 100 it does not.  Overall this team is playing a lot better and Carr deserves credit for that.  If we can keep this train moving in a positive direction I have no doubt we will be playoff bound next year.  We might have to settle for Carr never being elite but with a line and running game like we have we can become contenders.

• Like 1