Jump to content
Jerry

The Official Derek Carr Thread

Recommended Posts

I’m at the point where I would rather we go defense at four, but if we take Murray and give up at most 4 and 35, then fine. I don’t want to part with any firsts for Murray and I  don’t see Haskins as an upgrade. So as long as we don’t trade any of the firsts or draft Haskins, I’m fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

This is what I saw a lot last season. This 4th down on the final play for the Raiders in the game. Carr just grounded the ball in the ground. Gave his team no chance. This is the QB you guys like?

 

I was done with Carr a year before that in a game we played against Buffalo. He was having a terrible game, as expected because he always sucks in cold weather games. But it was 1 second left on the clock, we are at midfield and have time to heave a hail Mary into the endzone before halftime.

This dude Carr instead checks it down to Jalen Richard. And after the game he arrogantly defended his decision to check down, by saying Jalen Freaking Richard had a better chance to break 20 tackles from the 50 yard line rather than him chucking up a hail Mary into the endzone. "Its simple math" said Carr.

Bottom line Carr is a nice guy but hes a wussy QB. He doesnt have the demeanor of a great QB. He doesnt instill confidence. He's just ok and that's all he will ever be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

“That was a called throw into the end zone, so would like to give that more time, let those guys get down there and take a shot at it,” Del Rio said. “That’s the whole idea. That’s what we practice. That’s what we prepared to do in that situation. It’s not a high percentage play, but you get your one in 10. We’ll take it. That was an opportunity there at the end of the half, after we had the misfortune with the fumble go back the other way and all that, to try and take a shot there. So, yes, that was called and needed to be executed much better.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders-nfl/raiders/raiders-qb-derek-carr-defends-bypassing-hail-mary-t

Poor JDR. You can tell he just wanted to call Carr a wussy

My bad for quoting u @NJ Raider was trying to post JDR quote 

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I was done with Carr a year before that in a game we played against Buffalo. He was having a terrible game, as expected because he always sucks in cold weather games. But it was 1 second left on the clock, we are at midfield and have time to heave a hail Mary into the endzone before halftime.

This dude Carr instead checks it down to Jalen Richard. And after the game he arrogantly defended his decision to check down, by saying Jalen Freaking Richard had a better chance to break 20 tackles from the 50 yard line rather than him chucking up a hail Mary into the endzone. "Its simple math" said Carr.

Bottom line Carr is a nice guy but hes a wussy QB. He doesnt have the demeanor of a great QB. He doesnt instill confidence. He's just ok and that's all he will ever be.

Also there was another interview after a reporter critisized him for never going deep, this was sometime in the first 7 weeks last year, I don’t remember which game. 

He said “You can only go deep once a game against an NFL defense cause they won’t be fooled twice”.

Lost all respect for Carr. That is his mindset and it will never change. Basically once he throws deep, go ahead and play within ten yards opposing defense.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

So when the team was good in 2016 it's because of Carr and when it isnt good it on the other players? You are what you are  in this leagueand  since he has been starting we are 29-51. That's an awful record

68% and 4000 yards  with only 19 TDs 😂  

 

I never said Carr single handedly made us good in 2016. I just don't understand how you pin our record  over the last 5 years on only him. Like it had nothing to do with our defense or coaching or anything else. Like Carr single handedly lost us all those games. Our record is a reflection of multiple things, not just his play.

You talk about how elite QBs make their teams better yet completely ignore what just happened in GB. Or the Colts in 2016 going 8-8 with Andrew Luck having a really good year. Or the 2015 Chargers when Rivers had a really good season and went 4-12. Man do I hate responding to you. I provide solid replies while you just spout nonsense like records being solely the QBs fault. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

You posted in another thread it’s 100% the Raiders won’t take a QB and don’t even have one on their big board or something similar to that. Do you have an inside source? I remember you calling the trade down and drafting Hayden. I’m curious where you get your info and why you’re so sure about it.

I am sure the posts are still on the old forum, Under the name Commit_2_Xcelence. I worked for the raiders in a low level position in the film room for 4 years before i left after being diagnosed with throat cancer (been cancer free for the last 16 months) and moved to Houston with my Wife and 2 boys now. I was able to overhear alot of conversations and gameplans it was a very cool perspective. And it was at a very cool time. I was hired during the offseason prior to the 2011 season. So i saw an Al Davis ran franchise and then I got to see the first 3 years of reggies regime.

I may or may not still have a few friends in the building. 

Edited by OG_C2X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no wonder Raider fans get a bad rep.... we are really just bashing Carr for that train wreck of a season lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I am sure the posts are still on the old forum, Under the name Commit_2_Xcelence. I worked for the raiders in a low level position in the film room for 4 years before i left after being diagnosed with throat cancer (been cancer free for the last 16 months) and moved to Houston with my Wife and 2 boys now. I was able to overhear alot of conversations and gameplans it was a very cool perspective. And it was at a very cool time. I was hired during the offseason prior to the 2011 season. So i saw an Al Davis ran franchise and then I got to see the first 3 years of reggies regime.

I may or may not still have a few friends in the building. 

Careful now. Remember all the flak you got last time you said you worked inside the building. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NickButera said:

Careful now. Remember all the flak you got last time you said you worked inside the building. 😄

Truth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I am sure the posts are still on the old forum, Under the name Commit_2_Xcelence. I worked for the raiders in a low level position in the film room for 4 years before i left after being diagnosed with throat cancer (been cancer free for the last 16 months) and moved to Houston with my Wife and 2 boys now. I was able to overhear alot of conversations and gameplans it was a very cool perspective. And it was at a very cool time. I was hired during the offseason prior to the 2011 season. So i saw an Al Davis ran franchise and then I got to see the first 3 years of reggies regime.

I may or may not still have a few friends in the building. 

Congrats man!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I was done with Carr a year before that in a game we played against Buffalo. He was having a terrible game, as expected because he always sucks in cold weather games. But it was 1 second left on the clock, we are at midfield and have time to heave a hail Mary into the endzone before halftime.

This dude Carr instead checks it down to Jalen Richard. And after the game he arrogantly defended his decision to check down, by saying Jalen Freaking Richard had a better chance to break 20 tackles from the 50 yard line rather than him chucking up a hail Mary into the endzone. "Its simple math" said Carr.

Bottom line Carr is a nice guy but hes a wussy QB. He doesnt have the demeanor of a great QB. He doesnt instill confidence. He's just ok and that's all he will ever be.

I can remember many games like this. Im finished with Carr after this past season. It seems like the only wins we get with Carr are these last drive games. 

Any QB who has lost 51 of his 80 games started for the team, should not be surprised we're working out the Drafts top QBs. 

He got a franchise QB contract and didn't haven't improved since.  I'd rather draft a rookie than start Carr next season.

 

This could be a smokescreen and a legitimate workout at the same time. What happens if they feel like Murray or Haskins is a superstar QB we all know Carr isnt? Pass rusher can certainly be addressed in the late 1st round. The DROY was a 2nd round pick and a 1st Team All-Pro. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Truth

That's dope man. Assuming you're right, do you have any input on the draft from inside the building?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

I can remember many games like this. Im finished with Carr after this past season. It seems like the only wins we get with Carr are these last drive games. 

Any QB who has lost 51 of his 80 games started for the team, should not be surprised we're working out the Drafts top QBs. 

He got a franchise QB contract and didn't haven't improved since.  I'd rather draft a rookie than start Carr next season.

 

This could be a smokescreen and a legitimate workout at the same time. What happens if they feel like Murray or Haskins is a superstar QB we all know Carr isnt? Pass rusher can certainly be addressed in the late 1st round. The DROY was a 2nd round pick and a 1st Team All-Pro. 

 

I don't know what vendetta you have against this guy, but you clearly can't objectively evaluate a roster if you think that Carr is even 1/2 the reason we lost those games.

Show me one respectable defense we fielded in his career.

Show me one offense/playbook he played with.

Show me one set of receivers/tight ends he has had more than 2 years with...

We've been a dysfunctional, mediocre team with shoddy drafting, no defense, in a brutal division, and you expect him to take us from rivalling the browns for 10 years to a winning record every year? He's still human. And you really can't expect him to progress with no continuity around him.

To me it seems like you're frustrated at the franchise and are taking it out on Carr, as he's not able to make hero plays to save a roster that never really had a chance last year.

But what do I know?:ph34r:

Ted Nguyen wrote a great article/all22 breakdown for the Athletic about Haskins' weaknesses and it was pretty thorough. His intermediate to deep accuracy isn't great, he sometimes struggles under pressure, and he relied primarily on YAC for most of his completions. Pardon me if I don't see the "superstar qb" upside in Haskins that you do.

I don't think Murray will be there at 4, but I'd rather draft a pro bowl caliber defender at 4 and build the team.

If Carr "sucks" as you say, we have plenty of ammo to move up next year and draft a qb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×