Jerry

On 10/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, Humble_Beast said:

If we look at the trades like this 

Jacobs for Cooper 

win/win 

Mack trade we lost 

AB - just a 3rd, worth the shot ———- 

only the Mack trade was bad 

Why is everyone forgetting we have another 1st round pick from the Bears?  It isn't over yet.  Seriously.

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Why is everyone forgetting we have another 1st round pick from the Bears?  It isn't over yet.  Seriously.

And IIRC, Jacobs was from a pick that was part of the Chicago trade, Abram was the Cooper trade.

So:

Trade 1: Abram for Cooper. I think we won this one, Cooper was not interested in being in Oakland by the end (imo)

Trade 2: Jacobs and a 1st for Mack (plus some lower draft capital exchanges). At least even?

• Like 1

I've been one of the biggest Carr's critics but he's played well in our wins aside for the head-scratching turnovers in each win vs Chicago and Indy. 

Is it sustainable for him to not test the defense deep and we still win? Who knows at this point as Gruden and Co have done a great job scheming to his strength and masking his weaknesses

6 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

And IIRC, Jacobs was from a pick that was part of the Chicago trade, Abram was the Cooper trade.

So:

Trade 1: Abram for Cooper. I think we won this one, Cooper was not interested in being in Oakland by the end (imo)

Trade 2: Jacobs and a 1st for Mack (plus some lower draft capital exchanges). At least even?

plus the cap space we saved from trading Mack and Coop.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

plus the cap space we saved from trading Mack and Coop.

That's the thing most casual fans don't realize. They think it's X for X, Z for Z. It's really Jacobs, Trent Brown, Joyner, etc for Mack, Abram, Tyrell, Burfict, etc, for Cooper. Then you add in the fact we had AB on the team with Mack/Coop's money too but obviously that money is free still. So we have to consider a number of free agents every year with the cap space we have now with the trade too.

Overall I'd still keep Mack but ship off Cooper.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Overall I'd still keep Mack but ship off Cooper.

Yep or at least waited to see how many games Mack was willing to hold out. Doubt SF would have made the trade after jimmy went down but that would have been the obvious trade partner if waiting like Jags did with Ramsey. Well played by Jags and a rushed move by us once Donald got paid. 

On 10/16/2019 at 6:13 AM, bucksavage1 said:

I've been one of the biggest Carr's critics but he's played well in our wins aside for the head-scratching turnovers in each win vs Chicago and Indy. 

Is it sustainable for him to not test the defense deep and we still win? Who knows at this point as Gruden and Co have done a great job scheming to his strength and masking his weaknesses

Carr isn't the guy. Raiders need to move on. 

• Like 1

Carr had a horrible backbreaking fumble, but also played very well around that and moved the ball constantly. 22/26 for basically 300 yards. People acting like he played like Blake bortles.

Defense needed to show up a little bit but didn't. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Carr isn't the guy. Raiders need to move on. 

Because he can't throw up 6 tds vs a decent defense versus a guy who did it to our crappy defense? 

Rodgers was sitting back just waiting for dudes to be wide open then missed tackle after missed tackle.

• Like 2