The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

Just now, PapaShogun said:

What does Jimmy have to do with the Raiders quarterback problems? 

I just find it funny that you’re singling out Carr when the team got smashed, especially the defense. Football is a team game. 

By your logic, Jimmy isn’t the answer either. He’s been mediocre and turned the ball over and been uplifted by a genius playcaller, talented backfield, and top 5 defense.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I just find it funny that you’re singling out Carr when the team got smashed, especially the defense. Football is a team game. 

By your logic, Jimmy isn’t the answer either. He’s been mediocre and turned the ball over and been uplifted by a genius playcaller, talented backfield, and top 5 defense.

Doesn't matter what you find funny. It's irrelevant. I'm not basing Carr not being the guy based on this game. There is a much larger body of work that exists. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Doesn't matter what you find funny. It's irrelevant. I'm not basing Carr not being the guy based on this game. There is a much larger body of work that exists. 

K. Thanks for your input. Glad our GM and coach disagree. 

Good luck with your star qb. Im sure with a larger sample size he’ll blossom into an elite player.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Carr isn't the guy. Raiders need to move on. 

Clearly you know nothing about football.  Put Carr on the 9ers and they're a legit contender.  Jimmy G is a flat out over paid joke.  

Carr, Jacobs and Waller were the reason we were in the game.  Our D couldn't stop a high school team and you want to single out Carr LOL.  Clearly and average fan who doesn't understand the first thing about football.

Enjoy your fake 9ers undefeated record.  Zero chance they win the Super Bowl.  ZERO, mark my words and the second they are down 14 or 17 pts and have to rely on Jimmy G to lead them back it's over. 

Giving Jimmy G 20 million after 5 career starts is beyond foolish, a close 2nd is playing Coleman and and Mckinnion all that cash but Jimmy average is the real head scratcher.  Desprate teams do desperate things...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Clearly you know nothing about football.  Put Carr on the 9ers and they're a legit contender.  Jimmy G is a flat out over paid joke.  

Carr, Jacobs and Waller were the reason we were in the game.  Our D couldn't stop a high school team and you want to single out Carr LOL.  Clearly and average fan who doesn't understand the first thing about football.

Enjoy your fake 9ers undefeated record.  Zero chance they win the Super Bowl.  ZERO, mark my words and the second they are down 14 or 17 pts and have to rely on Jimmy G to lead them back it's over. 

Giving Jimmy G 20 million after 5 career starts is beyond foolish, a close 2nd is playing Coleman and and Mckinnion all that cash but Jimmy average is the real head scratcher.  Desprate teams do desperate things...

Ok. Enjoy the rest of your season. :)

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Ok. Enjoy the rest of your season. :)

Enjoy being a clueless average fan who roots for a fake undefeated team that has ZERO chance of winning the Super Bowl. 

You might make the playoffs but 3 years from now no one will care.  Enjoy your useless fake season and your overpaid, average at best QB.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Damn, u mad lol 

Not mad, just a realist who states facts.  The Raiders are an average at best team with possibly the worst WR's in the NFL and a bottom 3 D.  People who blame the losses on Carr have no clue what they're talking about and have a below average understanding of football.  

I'm not some homer like most 9ers fans who actually think they have a chance to win the Super Bowl LOL

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Not mad, just a realist who states facts.  The Raiders are an average at best team with possibly the worst WR's in the NFL and a bottom 3 D.  People who blame the losses on Carr have no clue what they're talking about and have a below average understanding of football.  

I'm not some homer like most 9ers fans who actually think they have a chance to win the Super Bowl LOL

True, you were arguing objectively, and not emotionally. Definitely. I'll give you that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

True, you were arguing objectively, and not emotionally. Definitely. I'll give you that. 

Where would you rank Jimmy G amongst overall QB rankings and do you believe the 9ers have a legit chance at a Super Bowl win?  

Their D is top 5 in the NFL I will say that but when they get down 14 or 17 to a legit team it's over and it will get ugly.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Where would you rank Jimmy G amongst overall QB rankings and do you believe the 9ers have a legit chance at a Super Bowl win?  

Maybe 16th to 20th. With Shanahan's offensive setup, and two tackles out, he's not being asked to do much. He's been great on third downs. The Jimmy G in that 5 game stretch in 2017 with a piece meal offense, and scrub cast looked like a legitimate star quarterback. It was impressive. More information is need to see how he is long term.  

It's too early to tell if the 49ers have a legit shot at a Super Bowl. Ask me in late November. 

Edited by PapaShogun

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Maybe 16th to 20th. With Shanahan's offensive setup, and two tackles out, he's not being asked to do much. He's been great on third downs. The Jimmy G in that 5 game stretch in 2017 with a piece meal offense, and scrub cast looked like a legitimate star quarterback. It was impressive. More information is need to see how he is long term.  

It's too early to tell if the 49ers have a legit shot at a Super Bowl. Ask me in late November. 

That's a fair assessment.  I will reiterate that the 9ers have zero chance to win the Super Bowl due to the offensive inefficiencies which will be exposed when they get down and have to rely on Jimmy G to lead them back.   

They should go to the playoffs with their schedule and current record but they are pretenders not contenders....